Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by B0gdan
Is anyone planning to check in luggage? It's a bit risky since it's a weird itinerary but not sure how I can manage going to freezing Russia in March with just hand luggage.
I'm traveling light this weekend (now -24C), but I'll have my winter jacket and all proper clothes on myself simply putting it to the overhead bins.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
I'm traveling light this weekend (now -24C), but I'll have my winter jacket and all proper clothes on myself simply putting it to the overhead bins.
Hope you can tell us how many miles you get for the IKT leg
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by geelgors
I think this fare has been discussed enough. Lots of reference material has been provided. Time to burry it.
Re-upping this request from the esteemed user above - please do us all a favour and bury this thread by no longer posting and discussing such trivial and personal things if to pack luggage or not.

The less focus this topic gets, the better it is for all of us in the community. Perhaps that way we might profit for many more months from this fare - and isn't that something we all want?

If curious to experiences, there is always the private message - and I'm sure most here are friendly enough to answer. To ask for/share tips, there are the destination pages on Flyertalk - this is not the right place for it in the first place! The same count for asking about airline experiences - there are specific airline pages on Flyertalk for that (and Google which is still your best friend)

And to paraphrase Cato the Elder lest we forget: ceterum censeo non loqui porttitor (don't call the airline!)

(Before someone posts: yes, I know there is a bit of irony in me posting this, but as its just minutes after the previous comment it doesnt do much harm)

Last edited by Romanianflyer; Nov 27, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)

The quick turn at Istanbul, is it possible?
I mean is like Amstersdam we disembark in the departure gate?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96

The quick turn at Istanbul, is it possible?
I mean is like Amstersdam we disembark in the departure gate?
This should be better answered in destination forum, let's just let this thread peacefully sink to the bottom.
and to answer your question, I guess if you run fast through the security with BP in hand you can make it. otherwise I suggest 1 day there to relax, even though it is a same plane turn.
(and if you have questions do not reply me, go to destination forum or the MCT or Same plane turn threads.)
geelgors likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: EY plat, TK plat, UA 1K, AF plat, AS MVP75K
If you have a boarding pass at IST then you could easily proceed to the gates after the security screening(if not they'll not let you go to the gates)...if not then you have to make a quick stop at transfer desk and that could last from 5-30 minutes there but i would say that connection of 1:35 is more then in enough for any possible outcome.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:57 am

The first half of my trip is in December and the second half is in May. I already have my Russian visa for my December trip and I really want to go. One of my May-flights has changed so that I have negative connection time between two flights. Can I go on my December trip as planned (I don't want to risk it being cancelled) and deal with the schedule conflict later? What would you do and why? I booked through Delta.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by drvb
The first half of my trip is in December and the second half is in May. I already have my Russian visa for my December trip and I really want to go. One of my May-flights has changed so that I have negative connection time between two flights. Can I go on my December trip as planned (I don't want to risk it being cancelled) and deal with the schedule conflict later? What would you do and why? I booked through Delta.
In case you have SU requires that own tickets are linked to reservation before you can check in, i have no idea if 1) this is just a policy or also a technical restriction and 2) if this applies for non-SU ticket stock and non-SU operated flights.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:41 am

Deleted

Last edited by Alvinlunl; Dec 2, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
SU cancelled several flights due to weather this Saturday with some delays caused also as a result of that. Hopefully, SU did not have to look into your tickets Said that i think SU is quite wise now, if they see the fare is not theirs or at least the flight is codeshare they will not dig it, as they know its a lot of money flowing to them from codeshare billing or ADMs raised.

BTW if you need your SU record locator in Sabre you may be able to find your reservation using your Air Francce Amadeus confirmation code, not sure it will work always. Also try mobile application to look up your trip where you can search by ticket number. Avoid 'adding' the trip though if you dont have FFP yet in the reservation, SU will add your SU FFP if they know that. Of course this can be treated via KQ site to remove the FFP.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:30 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't know if SU will even see the underlying fare. They'll probably just think you got some weird connected ticket.

We are still missing the answer to the crucial question though. For those who have already flown - did IKT earn 250%?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I don't know if SU will even see the underlying fare. They'll probably just think you got some weird connected ticket.

We are still missing the answer to the crucial question though. For those who have already flown - did IKT earn 250%?
Any airline operating a flight can see the ENTIRE ticket, including the fare and total paid What they don't see is (the below will vary depending on numerous factors)

1) the coupons status untill its USED
2) previous tickets (reissued, exchanged) after some time
3) actual status of the booking for other airlines including the reservation for some sectors at all (but they do see those in the ticket anyways)
4) marketing airline booking (they have access to their own operating booking)

You can access eticket record from SU booking details, like DL SU shows coupons status. Again, in most cases no need to call SU to get that.

BTW SU cancelled another 60 flights today and delayed many others due to snowfall in Moscow.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:51 am

I may be able to give that answer very soon The AF calculator gives 250% so why people expect something else? Of course the flight is not in Europe and touches XU zone, however, same is true about Israel which is now part of 'Europe' for the purposes of fare filing and Flying Blue regardless that its not Europe as per IATA is part of Middle East.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Keter
Any airline operating a flight can see the ENTIRE ticket, including the fare and total paid
They do? It's been a point made in FB thread that AFKL might not be able to see the actual price paid in some codeshare, not-AFKL-ticketed situations.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:34 am

They do? It's been a point made in FB thread that AFKL might not be able to see the actual price paid in some codeshare, not-AFKL-ticketed situations.
This can be the case if AF/ KL is not part of transportation under that ticket as either markting or operating carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.