Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
How would that work with KL/AF flights issued on -say - DL stock? KL/AF don’t have access to the price information in such case, so will have to award based on the mileage (like AA in BA-stock tickets), right?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wmaciej
How would that work with KL/AF flights issued on -say - DL stock? KL/AF don’t have access to the price information in such case, so will have to award based on the mileage (like AA in BA-stock tickets), right?
That is still unknown at this point...
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It's not very good mileage run to get miles past April, but it's still a decent status points run,

BEWARE though! - if you fly after April - MOW-IKT only counts as a domestic flight!
Better reroute to Bishkek.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by wmaciej
If we go according to how DL own's program work, any other stock out of the airline own stock, they are not able to see the price. So if this holds (which I suspect it will), if the ticket is issue on DL stock but all KL/AF flight, than crediting to FB after the changes will still award miles based on distance rather than fare.

Cheers!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It's not very good mileage run to get miles past April, but it's still a decent status points run,

BEWARE though! - if you fly after April - MOW-IKT only counts as a domestic flight!
Better reroute to Bishkek.
True, but I don't need XP's :-) I have way to many level miles already (which convert to XP's). For platinum I need only 300-60(from Amex FB Plat card) = 240 per year. After convert on 1 april 2018 i'll have about 800 XP's that's for 3 years, i'm at 5 now for for life. So I need 480 XP's more to be for life. Not planning on doing that on this run.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:43 am

Sure, I'm just mentioning it as this was a good cheap option to get FB Gold.

It's not enough to get Gold on it's own anymore in the new system, but not far. And with right timing, might even get Gold and a good number of XPs to spare!
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
it is not clear if domestic really means domestic like CAN PEK.
it could just mean france domestic.

have anyone thought of KE program?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:56 pm

According to FB mileage calculator, it means all domestics incl. US Russia China.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Sure, I'm just mentioning it as this was a good cheap option to get FB Gold.

It's not enough to get Gold on it's own anymore in the new system, but not far. And with right timing, might even get Gold and a good number of XPs to spare!
Haven't checked for TLV, but EU-IKT-IST-IKT-EU with all the connections would be 56k Level miles that would carry over as 280 XPs.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:57 pm

In the new system it would be something like 274 XP even if I don't count IKT as domestic (as it could be possibly replaced by FRU or something).

With my itinerary I was aiming at 43k miles originally or thereabouts. If I can leverage the new, more generous XP accrual (15XP equivalent to 3000m pre-conversion), I can get about 26k miles up to March, convert that to 130 XP and get another 120 from the rest of the itinerary, for a total of 250 ISO 215 as straight conversion.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I understood that the changes applied to the core Flying Blue airlines, AF, KL, etc, but that partners remained the same as before. So maybe MOW-IKT being domestic is irrelevant. I am still working through the relevant thread over in the Air France forum.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Concerto
I understood that the changes applied to the core Flying Blue airlines, AF, KL, etc, but that partners remained the same as before. So maybe MOW-IKT being domestic is irrelevant.
There won't be any level miles after April 1, only XPs, so earning on partners cannot remain the same.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:20 am

Can anyone tell whether SVO-IKT has posted as 250%?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Still a good run before the new Flying Blue system or not?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Still a good run before the new Flying Blue system or not?
I think so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.