Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Watermaniak
Anyone in Irkutsk right now for a meet up ?
Not right now, but I'm planning to be in Irkutsk somewhere in the last two weeks of March, anyone else around then? I would love to do a 2 night trip to Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal but all of the tour companies only do private tours, and they don't take solo travelers (well, they do, but it will cost around $750 and more people = more fun!).
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Tim_R
Not right now, but I'm planning to be in Irkutsk somewhere in the last two weeks of March, anyone else around then? I would love to do a 2 night trip to Olkhon Island in Lake Baikal but all of the tour companies only do private tours, and they don't take solo travelers (well, they do, but it will cost around $750 and more people = more fun!).
That sounds awesome. I was waiting to see if the SU/AF codeshare gets extended after March but considering the more recent comments, this route might not be around too long. How many nights did you set aside for Irkutks?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM. Elite Plus, SK Silver
i'm planning to use a this as part of a RTW route for next year,

ex, AES,NOR - IKT - IST - TUN
Hop on the AF/CZ fare in TUN, TUN-CDG-CAN-SGN, try the AF 787 new J class.
Get a cheap tkt SGN-CRK/MNL, stop there a few days.
Then onwards on the MU deal, CRK-PVG-JFK
Cheap ticket from NY back to Norway and return,
Get back to NY after a few months home and fly the return JFK-PVG-CRK on MU
And, eventually return back to TUN from SGN, and home from TUN with this fare...

Should be possible, but if speculations are true about Flying blue going revenue based the points earned indeed will make this less attractive,
But should be a good trip though. :-)
bodory and B0gdan like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
For me, it would make the trip lose its purpose, which would be to get gold if at all possible, with secondary aim to add some already expected trips in there (if I could get a practicable stopover on both the outbound and inbound fare, the whole ticket is practically half paid off)

Need to go play on Matrix... (and, as for that matter, try and find out if there is a way to put in more than 6 legs in some multicity finder)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:39 am

Total rip off. You should definitely team up with someone local. Prices in Irkutsk are crazy cheap if you speak Russian.
This is something I could find for the transportation for instance: http://olkhon-transfer.com/?page_id=59&lang=en
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:50 pm

Hey everyone,
my first post here, came here through german "Vielfliegertreff" and read all pages to build up a really nice routing, which was bookable through Delta. So a big thanks to everyone who was helping with good information and tips in this thread, really loved to play with the fare and all the nice options. My trip will start in March and end in May: BGO-AMS-CDG-SVO-IKT//stopover//IKT-SVO//stopover//SVO-CDG-HAM//stopover in my hometown till May//
HAM-CDG-TLV//stopover//TLV-CDG//stopover//CDG-INV (793,-€ all-in)

Positioning to BGO is quite easy and cheap via OSL and famous Bergensbanen (scenic railway line I definitely recommend) and I always wanted to fly to INV one day Repositioning to Hamburg with a Scotrail-Trip and some cheap flight options via EDI or MAN is quite easy though.

Not right now, but I'm planning to be in Irkutsk somewhere in the last two weeks of March, anyone else around then?
Will be in IKT from 13/03-21/03, so if anyone is around there, let me know
moivoila and B0gdan like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:22 am

I have set aside 4 nights for Irkutsk, will definitely look into the bus schedule and fire up a Russion language learning app! I'm still in doubt if a leave from work is ok in March but I'm hoping to book an itinerary this weekend - fingers crossed the fare will stick around. Will post my Irkutsk dates here for a possible meet up - a couple of people speaking terrible Russian is better than one. ;-)

Props Ben-V for getting the SVO stopover in there, that is a tough one!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:38 am

Can anyone make this work in April? (15-30)?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Okee.... I lost one ticket due to "non payment". But it was paid also on creditcard statement. No money back. It was fixed again and tickets are back. I found out with popup on klm app said "something went wrong" and suddenly flight was gone few days back. Today i was called TO ME by the airline about payments they had and i said it was for those tickets. They re-instated all.

**WEIRD**

UPDATE **more weird**
I had DL etix before; my etix are now AF.
the PNR has now also a new PNR allthough it's accesible through the old too still.

Last edited by christravelblog; Oct 19, 2017 at 10:56 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
Can anyone make this work in April? (15-30)?
It was mentioned earlier in this thread that there are no AF/SU codeshares to IKT after 29MAR18 at the moment.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
But it was also mentioned that IKT and other works after that date Extra SU YQ will apply for SU marketed flights.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:28 am

All of a sudden I'm getting very expensive prices. Is this fare gone now?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by drvb
All of a sudden I'm getting very expensive prices. Is this fare gone now?
Still comes up on ITA and prices out on DL.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:38 am

Nevermind, I can still find cheap tickets in other months.

Last edited by drvb; Oct 20, 2017 at 9:44 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:08 am

I'm going to be in Irkutsk 17/03-19/03 and 21/04-22/04
Can give a small tour. I'm a native Russian speaker, Irkutsk region-born and have been to Baikal at least 10 times. I speak fluent English.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.