Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
And remember, it's almost impossible to apply for that visa if you happen to be outside your country of residency. They will ask for a residency permit.
I don't agree, I am French and went two times in Russia without applying for a Russian visa in France. I did it in 2 days in a travel agency in Vilnius and in one week with an other agency in Belgium. And I have never been a resident of Belgium or Lithuania needless to say.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
All, could we please move chat about visas and Russia elsewhere [there are topic for that] and focus on the fare/flights?
SkyTeam Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Like I said, it's a bit easier for our EU neighbours and a good deal cheaper too. For us Brits it is a much more stringent process, with a heck of a lot more questions to answer. For example, are you or have you been a terrorist? C'est comme ça, il n'y a rien qu'on peut faire...pour le moment.

It is true, we are way OT here, as jms_uk has pointed out. I was just answering the post of moivoila. I would very much like to take a shot at this fare sometime in the new year, so I can just qualify for FB Gold after the beginning of April (and before it apparently goes revenue based in May). I'm not a huge expert at working with ITA, so I hope folk here will be patient with forthcoming questions, within reason.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:14 am

For those booked for next year, keep in mind that looks like Flying blue goes spend-based soon, so you'll have to credit to AS or DL where earnings are not that great
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
For those booked for next year, keep in mind that looks like Flying blue goes spend-based soon, so you'll have to credit to AS or DL where earnings are not that great
Even IF this happens (as at the moment nothing is confirmed and nobody know the details about level miles), why only DL and AS? flights can still be credited to FB, you can easily get 10 or more segments which is 1/3 of what you need for gold, or to any other ST FFP at 125-150% earning rate.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Ditto
Even IF this happens (as at the moment nothing is confirmed and nobody know the details about level miles), why only DL and AS? flights can still be credited to FB, you can easily get 10 or more segments which is 1/3 of what you need for gold, or to any other ST FFP at 125-150% earning rate.
The point is that because of lower expected earning on redeemable miles as rebates, the effective price (cash - miles earned) for the level miles has gone up.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
The point is that because of lower expected earning on redeemable miles as rebates, the effective price (cash - miles earned) for the level miles has gone up.
But level miles is one thing, and award miles is anoher thing.
All we know at this point, is that due to some glitch in FB website, it would seem like from May 2018 award miles accrual will change and be revenue based, in which case the award miles amount accrued from this ticket will be much lower.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Anyone has flow the SVO -IKT segment ? Curious about the mile earnings for this segment
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Super interesting trip...but not sure about Siberia in the winter!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by x1achilles
Super interesting trip...but not sure about Siberia in the winter!
That's the whole fun of it. When else you won't need to specify which scale is the temperature you are quoting? (C and F meet at -40)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
But level miles is one thing, and award miles is anoher thing.
All we know at this point, is that due to some glitch in FB website, it would seem like from May 2018 award miles accrual will change and be revenue based, in which case the award miles amount accrued from this ticket will be much lower.
the economics change when the award miles change..
i used to fly in usa every weekend when all fare get 100% award miles.
now, i dont because award miles is based on dollar spent.

no award miles, no flying.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
the economics change when the award miles change..
i used to fly in usa every weekend when all fare get 100% award miles.
now, i dont because award miles is based on dollar spent.

no award miles, no flying.
This is going OT... but did you only fly to collect award miles?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:37 am

This is going OT... but did you only fly to collect award miles?
No matter what the poster's answer is, he pretty much articulated what I was trying to say. There are definitely people here (including me) who would consider flying this fare mainly for the sake of miles (award or level, no matter). And this FB shift to revenue-based accrual significantly changes the effective cost of mile (both award and level). So my original comment was to people who might find it relevant. True, we don't know the details yet, but given the premature leak, it would be quite unwise not to consider the risk in decision to buy the ticket.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:59 am

Ehh, I would rather keep the FB speculation contained to one thread, it's much easier to ignore it this way. Only FTers can produce dozens of pages long deliberations about something that may or may not happen and is based on a website error, and work themselves up about their different scenarios, 99% of which will never happen...

The fare is live and well, you can book Irkutsk only up to March so far, "FB changes" are not suppose to happen until May 1st (there you go, last chance to secure Gold until 2020 ) so I'd focus back on answering fare related questions and providing answers that we actually have, to people that want to fly.

​​​
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Anyone has flow the SVO -IKT segment ? Curious about the mile earnings for this segment
We did not have any reports yet, just Bishkek from what I remember. If all Z fares & booked on Delta you shoud get just over 40 000 with FB according to "where to credit", although on Aeroflot website Irkutsk segments may show as I fares, which if calculated as such would give less miles...

I guess we won't know for sure until someone reports back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.