Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Scandinavia - Irkutsk,Russia. Return via TLV/IST. SkyTeam, 710 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:12 am

welp, it looks like this thread is not gonna sink for another month... guess I can ask some questions.
Anyone managed to get it on KL/AF stock? (or everyone gets it on AF stock?) been wishing to get it for requal. for AS and now that AS may lose AF/KL partnership wanting to do it before the announcement is made.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
For those who have already flown - did IKT earn 250%?
Now it's a definite yes (I've flown).
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by beyounged
welp, it looks like this thread is not gonna sink for another month... .
This will stop as soon soon as AF realises the stuff they created. This will likely happen once they get manually reissued ticket to process (ie INVOL) and a junior staff raises a hand to her supervisor. For autopriced tickets they will not bother untill they look into analytics and that will take time.

And again i doubt SU will inform AF as they will earn money on this. I am pretty sure SU earns on all codeshares haha, one can see this on how they manage this by looking into fares and booking classes for SU marketed flights.
There are other bugs with their new fares, from missing surcharge for SU metal (EUR 450 per coupon normally for MOW-PAR) to wrong booking classes. And i guess many others i am yet to find
Too sad no 77W this time haha.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Keter
T
Too sad no 77W this time haha.
BTW Summer timetable has ex UN (Transaero) 777s on MOW-AER which is among the worst routes in terms on mileage return. Most likely there will be no AF code on this as its formally FV operated, however, as all FV flights now is solely marketed as SU. The interesting thing about those 777s is that they have first class (search Imperial Transaero), however, this is not given for free [unless overbooked of course], the cost to try that seat (there is no F service of course) on this short route is just RUB 6,500 or around USD 110.

The links to FV web are here:

https://www.rossiya-airlines.com/tra...on-and-refund/

and here for pricing:

https://www.rossiya-airlines.com/tra...st-superspace/
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Since there will be no more difference between SVO-IKT and a hypothetical SVO-VKO in the summer, might as well go to the Caucasus.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Since there will be no more difference between SVO-IKT and a hypothetical SVO-VKO in the summer, might as well go to the Caucasus.
There is a difference if you book SU marketed flights but that comes at YQ surcharge of USD 50 per SU flight. Moreover, some flights can only be booked under SU code due to no code share. Some flights though can only be booked under AF code, one example seems to be EVN.

This is why i mentioned MOW-AER under SU code with wide body aircraft.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
BTW Summer timetable has ex UN (Transaero) 777s on MOW-AER which is among the worst routes in terms on mileage return. Most likely there will be no AF code on this as its formally FV operated, however, as all FV flights now is solely marketed as SU. The interesting thing about those 777s is that they have first class (search Imperial Transaero), however, this is not given for free [unless overbooked of course], the cost to try that seat (there is no F service of course) on this short route is just RUB 6,500 or around USD 110.

The links to FV web are here:

https://www.rossiya-airlines.com/tra...on-and-refund/

and here for pricing:

https://www.rossiya-airlines.com/tra...st-superspace/
Why MOW-AER is the worst mileage return?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Why MOW-AER is the worst mileage return?
One of the shortest add ons available I guess.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I've been messing around with this fare at night since Matrix is pretty good at putting me to sleep, but I have run into a wall.

I am looking to get to TUN next October, from Oslo, so SVG works fine.

But thus far, the best I can do is SVG-AMS-PAR-MOW-PAR-TUN-PAR-AMS-SVG for about $947 (USD)

I can't add any other city besides MOW, which seems to be the furthest destination. I tried GYD (Baku) in place of MOW, and it blows up the fare. Can't add IST, can't add ROM, ATH, or anything else. IKT, as I understand it, is not bookable after March.

I've been trying to read through the thread, but all it does is help me with my insomnia, which, I guess, is better than nothing

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by notsosmart
I've been messing around with this fare at night since Matrix is pretty good at putting me to sleep, but I have run into a wall.

I am looking to get to TUN next October, from Oslo, so SVG works fine.

But thus far, the best I can do is SVG-AMS-PAR-MOW-PAR-TUN-PAR-AMS-SVG for about $947 (USD)

I can't add any other city besides MOW, which seems to be the furthest destination. I tried GYD (Baku) in place of MOW, and it blows up the fare. Can't add IST, can't add ROM, ATH, or anything else. IKT, as I understand it, is not bookable after March.

I've been trying to read through the thread, but all it does is help me with my insomnia, which, I guess, is better than nothing

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.
Not the thing you want to hear, but all the info is in the thread. Do some research.
Keep in mind eg IST would be the destination, TUN/IKT/whatever you want are en route to IST, with possible stopovers.

Some members said it before me, and I was late to the game and lazy myself, ha , but ALL info is in the 37 pages. Discussions about airlines/destinations/delays all have a better place somewhere else. If something doesn't work, there probably is no such thing as a magic trick to get it booked. Move on and try something else. Do your homework, a few hours later you will have booked it by yourself! Good luck!

sorry for the extra bump, maybe this is useless, the thread doesn't want to die yet.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:57 am

It's the worst value for experience and that's why it's still alive, but one of the best mileage runs for Flying Blue as I recently realised... So i decided to give my a** some hard time to get some extra FB status haha

Here are some hints:
1) IKT and all other add-ons (in Russia) from Moscow are bookable as SU marketed flights at any time, this comes at SU surcharge of USD 50+ per coupon. Matrix will not show most of these options but these are bookable
2) booking MOW-PAR on AF metal is a joke but SU-AF codeshares for 2018 Summer are yet to be extended
3) TUN cannot be combined with MOW on a single fare component, so most you can get for half round trip or one way with TUN is origin-AMS-PAR-TUN-PAR-destination or so; thus TUN is not a good mileage run destnation
4) Routed with add-ons from Moscow require a stopover in Moscow or in add-on city, because you cannot transit MOW 2 times without a stopover. Same applies for transitting PAR - you have to make a stopover somewhere (ie in TUN).
5) AF marketed flights within Russia are even possible both ways (when AF marketed flights are available) even if you make a stopover in MOW, Matrix will not show this as well
6) all unwanted flights (ie AF metal after March) can be changed to SU metal. Given the rules here this can only be done after the fare is gone Moreover if you book on AF/KL stock you may be out of luck with more luck on DL. Though changing an AF/ KL ticket via US call center (thus via DL) is a possible turnaround.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by danfl44
Not the thing you want to hear, but all the info is in the thread. Do some research.
Keep in mind eg IST would be the destination, TUN/IKT/whatever you want are en route to IST, with possible stopovers.
Yes Kimosabe, I am aware, been at this for a while myself ya know?

Kidding, thanks for the reminder. Some times I see lazy questions like mine and I want to fire off a snide response myself.

It's the worst value for experience and that's why it's still alive, but one of the best mileage runs for Flying Blue as I recently realised... So i decided to give my a** some hard time to get some extra FB status haha

Here are some hints:
1) IKT and all other add-ons (in Russia) from Moscow are bookable as SU marketed flights at any time, this comes at SU surcharge of USD 50+ per coupon. Matrix will not show most of these options but these are bookable
2) booking MOW-PAR on AF metal is a joke but SU-AF codeshares for 2018 Summer are yet to be extended
3) TUN cannot be combined with MOW on a single fare component, so most you can get for half round trip or one way with TUN is origin-AMS-PAR-TUN-PAR-destination or so; thus TUN is not a good mileage run destnation
4) Routed with add-ons from Moscow require a stopover in Moscow or in add-on city, because you cannot transit MOW 2 times without a stopover. Same applies for transitting PAR - you have to make a stopover somewhere (ie in TUN).
5) AF marketed flights within Russia are even possible both ways (when AF marketed flights are available) even if you make a stopover in MOW, Matrix will not show this as well
6) all unwanted flights (ie AF metal after March) can be changed to SU metal. Given the rules here this can only be done after the fare is gone Moreover if you book on AF/KL stock you may be out of luck with more luck on DL. Though changing an AF/ KL ticket via US call center (thus via DL) is a possible turnaround.
I *was* able to get TUN combined with MOW. Yea, you're right, it's not a good destination for MR purposes, but it's where I need to go to start other trips if all works out, inshallah.

Thank you for the tip about the IKT add-on. I guess I'll need a TA to book that one. I hate using TAs, but there are a few good ones lurking here...

And yea, definitely SU over AF any time you can get it.

I'll keep reading the thread before asking any more inane questions.

BTW, for those wanting the thread to die... I get it, but it's nearly impossible. The AKL-SCL-MAD-HND thread in the main forum won't go away because noobs keep asking REALLY stupid questions. I can't book mine yet, because I don't know what dates I can go next year, so I am basically checking every day to see if it's still alive. It is for now.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:34 pm

I *was* able to get TUN combined with MOW. Yea, you're right, it's not a good destination for MR purposes, but it's where I need to go to start other trips if all works out, inshallah.
Not really: the trip you posted has PAR as a destination, so you 2nd fare component covers 'PAR-TUN-AMS-SVG' which does not have MOW.

SVG-AMS-PAR-MOW-PAR-TUN-PAR-AMS-SVG
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not really: the trip you posted has PAR as a destination, so you 2nd fare component covers 'PAR-TUN-AMS-SVG' which does not have MOW.
Ye, you're right about that. I wonder what the maximum number of fare components is? (I know, read the bloody thread).

BTW, I don't even mind what I found using matrix, I would just love to see a bit of Siberia (IKT). I am planning on spending a few days in your city. I'm originally from Eastern Europe, but never made it to Moscow, which seems to be a required pilgrimage back in the good old day, like a Haji or something. I even studied Russian in night school. Didn't take though
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:29 pm

Ye, you're right about that. I wonder what the maximum number of fare components is? (I know, read the bloody thread).
As usual its 1 (one way), 2 (return) or 3 (circle trip which is allowed by this fare, but It would take me time to figure out what is actually combinable to make it...). End on end is not permitted as its the case for most AF fares, so no more than 3 FCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.