Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by aktchi
Actually it should be straightforward and safe, but my hesitation comes from this being your first time. So ask LM about pick up and or meet+greet.

CAI airport is full of life at that hour: I have had drivers meet me from hotels far away (downtown as well as Giza). You can ask LM without hesitation on that account. Almost certainly, they are doing it every night.

Whatever you do, arrange with LM. Do not entertain any local touts there who may approach you and offer to help this way or that.
Thanks, good suggestions, I never engage with touts...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Pulled the trigger on a CAI-LHR-LAX-LIH-LAX-LHR-CAI ticket. Works out perfectly to get me back from an ex-CAI RTW that's ending next year, a spring time side trip to visit friends on Kauai, and a trip back to Europe during the summer. I may drop the last segment to Cairo unless I find another nice fare (hoping that the good deals keep coming out of there). I booked all BA flights or codeshares but will be crediting to AA. While the EQM's won't be as high, I'll come out far ahead on EQD's and RDM's.

Thanks to all that provided some hints in the thread on getting this to price and how to ticket.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nk15
I will be arriving at 2am in Terminal 3, it seems it is connected to the Le Meridien with a bridge, but how far is it and safe at 2am?

It's safe, no worries. You go up an elevator / escalator, walk accross the bridge 'tunnel' with a security checkpoint in the middle and you immediately arrive at an elevator down to the lobby.
Should take a maximum of 5min.

I quite like the LM, an excellent place for a layover.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by The Wolf
It's safe, no worries. You go up an elevator / escalator, walk accross the bridge 'tunnel' with a security checkpoint in the middle and you immediately arrive at an elevator down to the lobby.
Should take a maximum of 5min.

I quite like the LM, an excellent place for a layover.
Sounds good and simple enough, I shouldn't need a meet and greet or transfer for this, will just roll my one bag with me.

The LM looks like a very good deal, 3.5k SPG points (or 10k Marriott points)/night, beats by a lot the paid rate, especially if you get a Club room upgrade you're set.

Btw, if anyone is doing a status run with Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott (Hyatt and Marriott have top status fast track challenges right now), Egypt might be one of the best places to do it cheap and can be combined with this deal, 1-2 weeks vacay in CAI or SSH...

Last edited by nk15; Oct 1, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

I was of the belief that PtF offered a late-night CAI tour, exclusively for FTers

M
Alas no more! As of Friday 29 September 2017 Mrs PtF and I have departed CAI for good (end of employment there) - although we might return in the future to commence an ex-CAI itinerary.
Markie and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:02 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Alas no more! As of Friday 29 September 2017 Mrs PtF and I have departed CAI for good (end of employment there) - although we might return in the future to commence an ex-CAI itinerary.
Ah how exciting! Congrats to you, Mrs PtF, and all the family!

Which continent are you heading to?

M
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Good for you now that GBP is picking up in value so exchange rate is not favorable anymore
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Does anyone know how long a back to back would take at OGG and HNL? Looking at this fare as a BA TP run but no great desire to stay in Hawaii. Instead I will have two nights in NYC on the way there. Likely hand baggage only, which should a help back to back.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jase76
Does anyone know how long a back to back would take at OGG and HNL? Looking at this fare as a BA TP run but no great desire to stay in Hawaii. Instead I will have two nights in NYC on the way there. Likely hand baggage only, which should a help back to back.
MCTs for HNL and OGG below:

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at HNL
Incoming airline AA
Outgoing airline AA
Flight type Domestic to Domestic

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   1.15  1.00  2.00  2.00
OFFLINE  1.15  1.00  2.00  2.00
** OR * ARE ALL
AA-AA DD  1.15 FLT    1 - 9099 - FLT 6100 - 9099 
AA-AA DD  1.15 FLT 6100 - 9099 - FLT    1 - 6099 
AA-AA DD SUP   FLT 6100 - 9099 - FLT 6100 - 9099 
AA-AA DD   .30
Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Minimum Connect Times:
Connecting at OGG
Incoming airline AA
Outgoing airline AA
Flight type Domestic to Domestic

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE    .30  1.00  1.00  1.00
OFFLINE   .30  1.00  1.00  1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
AA-AA DD  1.00 FLT    1 - 2814 - FLT 6100 - 9099 
AA-AA DD  1.00 FLT 6100 - 9099 - FLT    1 - 2814 
AA-AA DD SUP   FLT 6100 - 9099 - FLT 6100 - 9099 
**-AA DD   .30 
AA-** DD   .30
So in theory 75mins in HNL and 30mins in OGG.

I can only comment on HNL (never been to OGG), that it is a normal US Domestic arrivals where you are placed into the concourse from your arriving flight and you just need to find your next gate for the flight back to the mainland.

I do, however, think that everything into HNL is not strictly a B2B, as in a AMS or DUB sense. I think AA switch aircraft around (like at most airports) so not necessarily the incoming will be your outgoing. As long as you meet MCT, you will be protected.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by rossmacd
So in theory 75mins in HNL and 30mins in OGG.

I can only comment on HNL (never been to OGG), that it is a normal US Domestic arrivals where you are placed into the concourse from your arriving flight and you just need to find your next gate for the flight back to the mainland.

I do, however, think that everything into HNL is not strictly a B2B, as in a AMS or DUB sense. I think AA switch aircraft around (like at most airports) so not necessarily the incoming will be your outgoing. As long as you meet MCT, you will be protected.
Thanks, looks like OGG is the safer bet.

Fare rules state:

TRAVEL FROM LAST INTERNATIONAL STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
This is not the same as a min three night stay. Here is my plan from ITA Matrix.
Attached Images  
rossmacd likes this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 2, 2017 at 1:20 pm Reason: Remove deleted quote.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My two tickets both involve 75 minute same plane turns at HNL.
Then again, I'm stopping in LAX for a week to two both ways.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jase76
This is not the same as a min three night stay. Here is my plan from ITA Matrix.
Nice itinerary ^

Last edited by Pat89339; Oct 2, 2017 at 1:20 pm Reason: Remove deleted quote.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Nice itinerary ^
Yes, but.... I hope that Jase76 realizes that the 5+ hour overnight hops to Hawaii are on the cramped (38") domestic A321 aircraft without lie-flat seats. The difference between it and the trans-con A321 is night and day (and personally, I wouldn't willingly choose to pass a night on one of them).
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Yes, but.... I hope that Jase76 realizes that the 5+ hour overnight hops to Hawaii are on the cramped (38") domestic A321 aircraft without lie-flat seats. The difference between it and the trans-con A321 is night and day (and personally, I wouldn't willingly choose to pass a night on one of them).
Sadly, I do... Having already been to OGG and HNL was my reason for the B2B. Appreciate this means a grueling overnight flight back to LAX. I have done this from HNL to LAX and survived, but that was after a few days R&R on Waikiki. That said, I don't really fancy a hotel in LAX either!!!!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This thread could do with a wiki.

I've only read the last 10 pages and I'd love to know some basics so apologies if missed....

Best options cost wise from
Lon to Cai
How many days in advance must it be booked
When does it run until
Any blackout dates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.