Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] OTA exOSL discounted QR flights (valid till Jan 17th)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sexten
Potential meet up let's have a beer or two. Please post your dates in the same format:

templar422 - 01 Apr 16 - OSL - DOH - BKK
templar422 - 03 Jul 16 - AMS - DOH - BKK
Expat Somchai - 10 Aug 16 - Scandic Oslo Airport - Heading to BKK
templar422 - 20 Oct 16 - OSL - DOH - BKK
sexten - 26 Nov 16 - OSL - DOH - SYD
jp_fin and Mrs - 26 Nov 16 - OSL - DOH - SYD
Jase76 - 19 - 27 March OSL - DOH - SYD
euromountain 13 Oct 16 OSL DOH SIN
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] OTA exOSL discounted QR flights (valid till Jan 17th)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Oh dear, I was going to let this one pass me by but in a moment of boredom this afternoon I started reading these threads again and just caved and booked to SIN on Expedia.no for me and Mrs Jetstreamer. Not looking forward to telling her!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:39 pm

^^^

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Oh dear, I was going to let this one pass me by but in a moment of boredom this afternoon I started reading these threads again and just caved and booked to SIN on Expedia.no for me and Mrs Jetstreamer. Not looking forward to telling her!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I caved in too also used gotogate- 1500 for me and my better half in August ARN to SIN - going to have a bit of beach on Bintan then tour Vietnam just another 250 return to SGN from SIN - I do have a couple of niggles though:

1). Like an idiot I paid 11 for their service fee as I was worried my BAEC number would not be added and I might not be able to choose seats to find that as soon as I had the booking airline ref number I could MMB on qatar and do it all - 11 wasted is not too bad though given the fare!

2). Gotogate booking has wife as Mrs which she is and which I definitely typed in but MMB on QR says Ms and I can't change it - the name is fine I presume the Ms instead of Mrs is not important? If it s what do I need to do?
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I've done the same thing but I'm not even going to tell her! It's a surprise for her birthday later in the year!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Damn I'm such an idiot, found a fare to SIN for 673 GBP in C and decided to look at flights to TOS etc.

30 mins later and the prices are now close to 900 GBP
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by AndyRobin
I think OSL, ARN and CPH are all on the Dreamliner. You could try AMS for a 777. Or CDG uses A380 for some flights. But they are probably more expensive.
Thanks very much.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by HTflyer

2). Gotogate booking has wife as Mrs which she is and which I definitely typed in but MMB on QR says Ms and I can't change it - the name is fine I presume the Ms instead of Mrs is not important? If it s what do I need to do?
It won't matter as long as the name is correct.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: AA: EXP
Originally Posted by HTflyer
1). Like an idiot I paid 11 for their service fee as I was worried my BAEC number would not be added and I might not be able to choose seats to find that as soon as I had the booking airline ref number I could MMB on qatar and do it all - 11 wasted is not too bad though given the fare!
The UK site of gotogate also charged a service fee of around 50 GBP. The French version of gotogate quoted the lowest price if using a Visa Debit to pay.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: AA: EXP
Fare: NOK 4360
Fare Equivalent: SEK 4223
Taxes: SEK 2732.00 YQ SEK 68.00 YR SEK 300.00 XT
Issuing Airline and date: QATAR AIRWAYS 17Jan16
IATA: 19491850
Restriction(s)/Endorsements: Valid On Qr Services Only
Fare Calculation:
OSL QR X/DOH QR BKK251.83QR X/DOH QR OSL251.83NUC503.66END ROE8.65654XT107ZN10PZ165TS18E7
Grand Total: SEK 7323

I used Finnair's website to get the eticket receipt (and breakdown of the fare). Initially I thought YQ was not added by gotogate and other OTAs. But I was wrong. QR provided gotogate (a Norway-based OTA) and NO\SE\DK versions of expedia or ebookers I inventory with lower base fare.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:01 am

Soooo, finally everything looks finally corrected.

I've got the itinerary closed:

- MAD-OSL (via LGW with 1 night stopover in the city to visit my sister). Norwegian 75 eur. We'll have one full day to visit Oslo.
-OSL-BKK in QR J. Final price in euros in my account is about 840 eur/pax.
- OSL-MAD in Norwegian again via ARN. Departure time from OSL y 3 hours later of my expected arrival time in OSL from DOH. About 85 eur/pax.

All with e-tickets and charged in my account. So, at the 99,99999% it seems it would be very strange that the e-ticket get cancelled.

So, total price is about 1000 eur/pax. I'll have time to:
- visit and spend one dinner with my sister.
- one full day to visit Oslo. I could visit the city last year with another travel deal to west coast with BA and i liked the city very much. A good public transport, very clean all the city, nice places to see... But very very expensive, LOL.
- make my dream come true and fly in the B787 and the A380.
- visit the VIP lounge of DOH and BKK. Amazing!!
- visit Thailand for my first time. We'll have 10 days for a first contact with the country. WOW!!!!

Thanks to all for your contribution to the thread!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Hansel Romeo Tellez
Soooo, finally everything looks finally corrected.

I've got the itinerary closed:

- MAD-OSL (via LGW with 1 night stopover in the city to visit my sister). Norwegian 75 eur. We'll have one full day to visit Oslo.
-OSL-BKK in QR J. Final price in euros in my account is about 840 eur/pax.
- OSL-MAD in Norwegian again via ARN. Departure time from OSL y 3 hours later of my expected arrival time in OSL from DOH. About 85 eur/pax.

All with e-tickets and charged in my account. So, at the 99,99999% it seems it would be very strange that the e-ticket get cancelled.

So, total price is about 1000 eur/pax. I'll have time to:
- visit and spend one dinner with my sister.
- one full day to visit Oslo. I could visit the city last year with another travel deal to west coast with BA and i liked the city very much. A good public transport, very clean all the city, nice places to see... But very very expensive, LOL.
- make my dream come true and fly in the B787 and the A380.
- visit the VIP lounge of DOH and BKK. Amazing!!
- visit Thailand for my first time. We'll have 10 days for a first contact with the country. WOW!!!!

Thanks to all for your contribution to the thread!
I was just about to book similar trip. My fault, I did not do it, so I cant make it...

Nice, very nice trip. I hope you enjoyt it.

To follow this threads subject, I know that it is not the same fare, quite more expensive, but there is a rest of these offers in some OTAs:

CPH-BKK
March 14th to March 24th -1174 eur.
March 12th to March 24th (Spring break - holy week - Semana Santa amigos!)
1194 Eur

Opodo via Kayak.de

Be hurry!

Edit: The fare has dead just in my face!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Glad this sale is over.... I can finally get some work done.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Glad this sale is over.... I can finally get some work done.
lol
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Yesterday the fun ended with QR. And although nowhere near as spectacular as that sale, another one ends today, namely the AY sale to Asia. (Think OSL-BKK/KBV/HKT for €1389)

Also works from Sweden and Italy (€100 more).
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do we think the QR fun will be back soon - i'm looking to go to SYD for xmas but the sale which ended yesterday had a condition that all travel had to be concluded by 15th Dec.

Other than the bargain QR Fares already mentioned, I did find a CDG>SYD for my dates (leave 15/16 Dec, return 1/1) for 1790 which i possibly should've booked but i hesitated (well my partner did!) and today it's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.