Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:21 am

Dealer finally work for me

Hi Guys , Just bought a roundtrip voucher everything works perfect .I checked the availability from New york to Las vegas and i found flights with $200-$300 cheapest than expedia.com .^
Something important is they don't charge your card until you receive your ticket .This is very good i think
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by iphonemaniak
Hi Guys , Just bought a roundtrip voucher everything works perfect .I checked the availability from New york to Las vegas and i found flights with $200-$300 cheapest than expedia.com .^
Something important is they don't charge your card until you receive your ticket .This is very good i think
All moot point if you can't fly.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:13 pm

Hmm...first post, account opened this month, how much credibility does this have?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SchrottFly

Hmm...first post, account opened this month, how much credibility does this have?
Lord this thread is inane.

- Someone posts deal
- Lots of people speculate about deal with no actual knowledge, based on things like "there are typos ergo it's a scam". Gangbusters logic.
- someone posts something positive about the deal, speculators write nasty reply

No one on this board actually knows whether this deal will lead to people flying or leaving them behind at the airport (especially since the latter option is based on an article about something that happened with a different company).

If you think it's too risky, you've made that abundantly clear. Don't buy a voucher and move on.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by SchrottFly
I agree.. Their Google alert got them here, then saw the poo-pooing only to post a very convincing testimonial.

Regardless, this isn't MR Deals.. Travel Tools maybe? Or the trash.. either works.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
The grammar of this poster matches that of the original website.

'New york'
'Las vegas'
'cheapest than expedia.com'
'i' vs. even if using a smartphone it will autocorrect to 'I'

Not overly convincing. My question for you - why would you pay $199 for r/t when two one ways would charge you only $198 and potentially same result?
Just observations - good luck to all which participate in this exercise.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:09 pm

Hmm, this is so tempting: Buy a voucher from an unknown website for the possibility of maybe being lucky enough to score an unbelievable $199 roundtrip domestic ticket, an unheard of price-- and you have absolute proof from the cool post above that this is at least $200-$300 "cheapest" than expedia so I guess a ticket to Vegas is worth at least $500 or so! It's a steal! And don't worry about this message: "Attention! Please read important flight information! • You have chosen the version offered by foreign partners. In case of visa issue refusal, disease, etc. the refund without penalty provisions is impossible! The ticket will refunded according to the airline rules." Well that's okay it's understandable you might catch some diseases eating UAL catering. I'm all over this. Can't lose!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
Quite a reliable first post I have to say

Joke is on you though, quite obvious your money will be having a one way to Lagos
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Some more great grammar examples... First sentence in 'about us' says it all:

"Dealber.com based on 708 3rd Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10017, is a global leader of Travel deals, It is the place you should get started with, when you want to buy amazing travel offers to any place."

-> I guess they live on top of the building?
-> Ever heard of a '.' to end a sentence, instead of a ','?
-> 'Travel deals'... why the sudden capital letter?
-> 'It is the place you should get started with'... yeah, no native English speaker would ever think that would be a good sentence

This is quite the easy scavenger hunt... but I won't add more; clearly they are on FT so I don't want them to solve all issues and deceive more people.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Is there a place where we can report such scams?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 5:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by tymoon25
Is there a place where we can report such scams?
There is; it's the little red triangle with exclamation point (aka "report this post to a moderator" or "RBP"). We have received a number of such reports, and yet I struggle to delete this thread outright. This company either seems to be related to, or have bought or otherwise procured the email lists from Airfasttravel (AFT), which a few years ago brought us a few crazy deals before ultimately imploding. At that time, many of us bought tickets with their generous EUR/USD/GBP 20/30/40/50/75 coupons (which could be applied to any flight, including domestic one-ways that ended up being free or near-free after discount). Many of those tickets were flown without incident. Who's to say that this current scheme won't work out (for some) in similar ways? I would add my strong caution of buyer beware, but ultimately I do not want to deprive any FTer of the possibility (however remote) of booking a $500 trip for $99.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
There is; it's the little red triangle with exclamation point (aka "report this post to a moderator" or "RBP"). We have received a number of such reports, and yet I struggle to delete this thread outright. This company either seems to be related to, or have bought or otherwise procured the email lists from Airfasttravel (AFT), which a few years ago brought us a few crazy deals before ultimately imploding. At that time, many of us bought tickets with their generous EUR/USD/GBP 20/30/40/50/75 coupons (which could be applied to any flight, including domestic one-ways that ended up being free or near-free after discount). Many of those tickets were flown without incident. Who's to say that this current scheme won't work out (for some) in similar ways? I would add my strong caution of buyer beware, but ultimately I do not want to deprive any FTer of the possibility (however remote) of booking a $500 trip for $99.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Thank you for the clarification, this is appreciated.

I wasn't actually thinking of deleting the thread but rather attracting the attention of some kind of "supervisor" on this.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko

--jpdx, MR Moderator
They simply bought their email DB.

Do you feel comfortable purchasing anything from a "company" that copy/pasted their Terms & Conditions?

Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Thanks for commenting on this thread....I have never done the coupon travel route (AirAsia for instance floated one legit scheme earlier this year, but the lack of route transparency where the coupons could be applied made it not so appealing to me), so when AFT was mentioned earlier, I did a quick search on FT...I could see the complaints and the large scale failure at the end with $millions owed to consumers, but I was curious about the manner of their failure, since it appeared to work for a while, unlike a straightforward scam where the operators just last until the complaints about non performance become overwhelming. Was their business model at least roughly sound and they made some error in judging cash flow? I am assuming the basic idea is presenting itself to the airline as a consolidator.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Do you feel comfortable purchasing anything from a "company" that copy/pasted their Terms & Conditions?
I rarely read T&Cs, and I never compare T&Cs of a company I'm about to buy from to their competitors' T&Cs, so I suppose the answer is yes, I do feel comfortable.

Let me be clear, I doubt I'll be buying from these folks. I'm not telling anyone else to buy (or not to buy) from them. However, this is Flyertalk, and many of our members have over the years worked deals that a "normal" person would think impossible. Some of our members have started this discussion, and some have indicated an interest in the deal. There may be some gambling types who are willing to plop down $99 just out of curiosity, and others just sit back and watch as the mayhem unfolds. For all of them, this thread remains open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.