Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
As I would expect, no?
Yes, me too. I just wanted to point that out.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Sad. Even with the power of social media to promote transparency and expose the crooked, there will be victims.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Two months have passed and there are no confirmed reports that anyone actually gets ticketed or has flown. I'm going to move this thread to the Discussion Forum.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:49 pm

Angry DEALBER.COM MUST BE A SCAM - DON'T BUY THIS DEAL $89 OW Anywhere in USA on American

Unfortunately, I registered with them and then tried to take advantage of the deal....not once but twice because it didn't seem to go through the first time...I received an auto message saying "we got your order and now you will receive an email prompting you to complete your transaction" There is no way to contact these people, they have a link to click on for them to call you, and another to leave a message, but it is really sketchy and no one ever contacts you...so I hope my credit card was not taken from another legitimate site I ordered from and now they will fraudulently take my money.

Also, the description says voucher must be used within one year HOWEVER...they do not give you ONE YEAR to use it only between March 1 and December 31, 2016!!!! BUYER BEWARE.

IF ANYONE HAS HAD SUCCESS ON GREAT DEALS r/t under $200 my home base is CT airports preferrably but will go to White Plns, NY and NYC if I have to, my destinations are PHX or Tuscon AZ, Fort Lauderdale, FL , Santa Ana CA and Houston TX...please let me know...THANKS!

Last edited by yearning2travel; Feb 28, 2016 at 3:53 pm Reason: give more info on experience with site
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:28 pm

IN RE DEALBER Tried to purchase it...believe it's a scam! Can't get in touch with ANYONE...can't get any info...no contact info and no one gets back to you by email or phone...they take your info and then say they'll send you an email to complete your purchase.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I wouldn't use them, sounds too scammy to me.

Several newbies with only a post or two to their name...

Sorry if you guys are legit, but that seems like it could be attempted "viral marketing."
both 2 post guys have only posted relating to this so called agency. Funny how there is always some single or 2 post person saying xxyz company is legit and not a scam.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:43 pm

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my "Has anyone heard of Dealber?" posting. I am new to FlyerTalk, so I only have this one posting. I appreciated all of your replies. Thank again, Steve b.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk sbean401.

We've moved your post and flagged it for merge with an existing thread on the site.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:04 am

A little update from my part: This morning I tried to use a code and got the message "invalid or has been used before".

Technically, that is right, as I had used it in my first attempt to book a flight a few days ago...

I requested a new code but think nevertheless of getting in touch with the cc Company.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:56 am

Next update: dealber has revalidated my two codes and I was able to book flights - not the times I wanted but at least on the right day.

Now I am waiting for my etix...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by wisenberger
Next update: dealber has revalidated my two codes and I was able to book flights - not the times I wanted but at least on the right day.

Now I am waiting for my etix...
Good luck for your amazing faith in man! This such an obvious scam, it's not even debatable. Why anyone would even try to book a flight with dealber scares me and makes me think that common sense is missing on our planet. Buying a ticket for $199 R/T from anywhere in America to anywhere in America? Not hardly! Let's try Fairbanks, AK to Jacksonville, FL or maybe Hibbing, MN to Honolulu, HI. I know the latter flight has never been priced R/T below $500 in the last 5 years. If it quacks like a duck.....

When someone states that they actually flew using this dealber deal between two cities for $199 R/T (when that is not even close to a normal price for that route), I think we would all like to see written proof and the names of the owners of the travel agency.

Last edited by DCBob; Mar 3, 2016 at 2:09 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by iphonemaniak
Guys its easy , you can try ,you will see if the deal is real if not you can dispute your money .

Their Ads is all around Maimi airport .
The poorly worded sentences above suggest that perhaps someone is trying to encourage FlyerTalk readers to buy these obviously phony tickets or vouchers.

When you say "Their Ads is all around Maimi airport," it shows a lack of basic elementary grammar and spelling skills. "Ads" should not be capitalized, "is" should be changed to "are," and Maimi is supposed to be spelled Miami. And, of course, you don't dispute "your money." You dispute the charge on your credit card bill! Scary....
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:37 pm

(Hopefully) final update: After some chitchat via mail I have just received my two etix. On aa.com the status says "ticketed". So even if there are some doubtful posters here, I for my part have to say ^

And to Bob: Dealber does not promise to let you book every flight you want to. You have to find available routings - which won't be the most expensive on the market. For me it finally worked (almost) perfectly, I paid half price!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by wisenberger
Is there really nobody out there who has bought a coupon and can give reliable information? That makes me the (unfortunate?) first.

Two days ago I received a mail offering AA-flights for 89$. As I was looking for ORD-DEN flights on July 1, I checked availibility first and found seats in all five direct connections. So I bought two coupons and booked the flights right away. Two mails arrived saying that I would receive the etix within the next 48-72 hours.

Half a day later, the next mails told me that booking before March 1 wasn't possible (which was indeed stated in the rules but I hadn't realized - my fault).

Now for the bigger problem: as of today, all flights on July 1 are gone, whereas June 30 is now wide available.

Any advice? I really must say that two faked positive reviews are not the most convincing argument to wait until March 1.

Did you get something from them or did you dispute the charge?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by emilio911
Did you get something from them or did you dispute the charge?
Please see my post # 88 right above yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.