Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT (unable to confirm)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jpdx
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Do you feel comfortable purchasing anything from a "company" that copy/pasted their Terms & Conditions?
I rarely read T&Cs, and I never compare T&Cs of a company I'm about to buy from to their competitors' T&Cs, so I suppose the answer is yes, I do feel comfortable.

Let me be clear, I doubt I'll be buying from these folks. I'm not telling anyone else to buy (or not to buy) from them. However, this is Flyertalk, and many of our members have over the years worked deals that a "normal" person would think impossible. Some of our members have started this discussion, and some have indicated an interest in the deal. There may be some gambling types who are willing to plop down $99 just out of curiosity, and others just sit back and watch as the mayhem unfolds. For all of them, this thread remains open.
+1
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Lord this thread is inane.

- Someone posts deal
- Lots of people speculate about deal with no actual knowledge, based on things like "there are typos ergo it's a scam". Gangbusters logic.
- someone posts something positive about the deal, speculators write nasty reply
Google airfasttickets... This is owned by the same guys....
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:04 pm

Did anyone actually book a flight?

I am considering playing with the fire and giving it a shot on a one-way to ANC.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG

I am considering playing with the fire and giving it a shot on a one-way to ANC.
No. Per the terms, booking begins Jan 1 2016
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:17 am

want to try to book a flight from ANC <-> HNL, seems like fun, camp fires burning^
Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by bearbb7

want to try to book a flight from ANC <-> HNL, seems like fun, camp fires burning^
AS 870/871 can be had for under $500 RT... Hmm RT for $199 sounds tempting
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Google airfasttickets... This is owned by the same guys....
Is it? Do you have a link to support that statement?

Today my investigations where more fruitfull. Indeed: http://wa-com.com/newsletter-dealber.com
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by 336

Today my investigations where more fruitfull. Indeed: http://wa-com.com/newsletter-dealber.com
No, but they sent me the initial email to an email address that I only used for AFT bookings. There were also some greek emails sent to that same email address some weeks and months before, touting some new greek site.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by 336

One more point... check out their linked in profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/airfasttickets
Headquarters: 875 Third Avenue New York, NY 10022 United States
Dealber is just down the street..

That link you provided lists Nikolaos Koklonis who is also behind AFT
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikolaos-koklonis-526b3a2a

BTW. dealber itself is registered through a proxy-domain service, meaning you can't find the contact behind it. Why would a legit company do that?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:56 am

dealber any domestic one-way $99, $199 RT

I think everyone knows you guys think it's a scam. I don't think anyone's mind is being changed.
instead of saying it over and over based on your amateur sleuthing, let's just wait and see what happens, and you can come back and say I told you so if appropriate.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Tblack15
I agree.. Their Google alert got them here, then saw the poo-pooing only to post a very convincing testimonial.

Regardless, this isn't MR Deals.. Travel Tools maybe? Or the trash.. either works.
Guys its easy , you can try ,you will see if the deal is real if not you can dispute your money .

Their Ads is all around Maimi airport .
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
It's obvious that some are willing to spend time disputing credit card charges.

Good luck to them and any potential identity theft which may occur once you have entered your passenger details (including address, full name, etc.).

How has this thread not been deleted yet?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iphonemaniak

Their Ads is all around Maimi airport .
Bienvenue to FT.

1) Never been to Maimi airport.

2) Ads never lie?!

3) Hogs get fat. Pigs get slaughtered.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by greyguy1
It's obvious that some are willing to spend time disputing credit card charges.

Good luck to them and any potential identity theft which may occur once you have entered your passenger details (including address, full name, etc.).

How has this thread not been deleted yet?
If you are so bothered by the thread, then stop posting.

And giving your address and name isn't really what leads to identity theft, considering that's often easy to find via Google.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
I do agree we can all stop posting on this. The lessons learned here include the starter/OP - as the next scam/start-up will have proper math and a grammar checker.
This posting helps such fly by night organizations correct their woes and do it right next time so I hope the OP and others pay attention to the feedback vs. simply feel crushed by the negative feedback.

E.g. next time R/T should be $198 - get the math correct!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.