Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Challenged by finding the Fare Rate Rules

[QUOTE=jona970318;25656145]This would not be possible because DFW is a transfer point, no stopovers are allowed for this fare

Thank You - useful info and will use it

My problem ultimately is I did not think to reference the fare rules to understand what really went into my ticket. I do need to go mid way through this ticket to Asia so I am trying to catch up on what I can do within the fare rule framework. But I am loathe to call because I have something on hold (which is constantly getting cancelled because, as I now know, of a conflict in my reservations.) I have been trying to find them on both PNR's that I have had ticketed, and one on hold. No success. I have researched here to find current ways to find the fare rules and find that AA's recent change to the page in Sept may be the reason I am having no luck.

I am also loathe to ask something that is deemed redundant, repetitive, or time-sucking by the group but I also want to help myself - and that means getting used to building MR's by knowing the fare rules.
I would appreciate a recent take on how to find the fare rules.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
[QUOTE=3galsontour;25661276]
Originally Posted by jona970318
This would not be possible because DFW is a transfer point, no stopovers are allowed for this fare

Thank You - useful info and will use it

My problem ultimately is I did not think to reference the fare rules to understand what really went into my ticket. I do need to go mid way through this ticket to Asia so I am trying to catch up on what I can do within the fare rule framework. But I am loathe to call because I have something on hold (which is constantly getting cancelled because, as I now know, of a conflict in my reservations.) I have been trying to find them on both PNR's that I have had ticketed, and one on hold. No success. I have researched here to find current ways to find the fare rules and find that AA's recent change to the page in Sept may be the reason I am having no luck.

I am also loathe to ask something that is deemed redundant, repetitive, or time-sucking by the group but I also want to help myself - and that means getting used to building MR's by knowing the fare rules.
I would appreciate a recent take on how to find the fare rules.
If you have expertflyer, you can use the fare search function to find both current and historical fare. Or you can price using ITA which you will be able to access fare rules for an itinerary you are able to price
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:00 am

Got the original flights changed for very little by doing it myself online and booking into the same P fare. When I spoke to an agent they quoted something ridiculous. In doing so I got to see the fare rules. Now that I took the offending dble booking away I'm able to put things on hold. So all probs rectified and i am just a bit savvier then before. Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
Got the original flights changed for very little by doing it myself online and booking into the same P fare. When I spoke to an agent they quoted something ridiculous. In doing so I got to see the fare rules. Now that I took the offending dble booking away I'm able to put things on hold. So all probs rectified and i am just a bit savvier then before. Thanks
Did you change dates? And prior to starting your trip?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
Did you change dates? And prior to starting your trip?
Online I am able to change my inbound flights for a $160 change fee. If I try to change my outbound the price is much higher. I haven't flown my itinerary yet.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:08 am

I did change my dates but I only changed the return to mid Feb. Same fare class, and not at a huge cost. Can't pull it up but around $200.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by FlightWhite
Total mileage for this, for an EXP is:

miles + EXP bonus + class-of-service:

JFK-LAX-DEN = 6674 x 2.5 = 16686

end-of-year bonus miles

12000 x 2 + 1000 x 2 = 26000

Total is 42686 RDM.

EQP wise, with end of year bonus

6674 x 2 = 13348

So that is

1.1 cpRDM
3.6 cpEQM

Really great deal.
For RDM, are class of service bonus miles not doubled for EXP/PLAT as well?

Wouldn't it be 6674 * 150% (P fare) = 10011, then X2 for EXP/PLAT = 20022?

Then plus the 12/1 or 6/.5 for EXP/PLAT currency promo?

Last edited by slice; Nov 11, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by slice
For RDM, are class of service bonus miles not doubled for EXP/PLAT as well?

Wouldn't it be 6674 * 150% (P fare) = 10011, then X2 for EXP/PLAT = 20022?

Then plus the 12/1 or 6/.5 for EXP/PLAT currency promo?
No. A cabin bonus is a bonus. Only base mile will receive elite bonus
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:50 pm

So with new AA bullcrap do we get 3 EQM or 2?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by surftb15
Nothing has changed yet as the new program does not take effect until later in 2016 and this fare ends mid-Feburary, well before the change. After the changes take effect, you would get 2x EQMs since it is a discounted P fare.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by surftb15
Nothing has changed yet as the new program does not take effect until later in 2016 and this fare ends mid-Feburary, well before the change. After the changes take effect, you would get 2x EQMs since it is a discounted P fare.
In other words the bonus will extend into 2016
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:17 pm

Flights for this fare would put me around 17hours a day in the air.

Rough itinerary for this run is as follows:

Dec17 10am JFK - DEN 6:22pm
Dec17 7pm DEN - JFK 6am+1
Dec18-21 mostly 7am dep JFK. Arrive at JFK either 5am or 6am(+1)whichever is later
Dec22 JFK-DFW-HKG(arr+1)

still trynna figure out what I've gotten myself into
With my trip less than 35 hours away, here's a quick update.

Thank goodness there isn't any sign of snow in the forecast, otherwise the turnaround would certainly get ever so more miserable

I've started a trip report for those of you interested in following along http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-giveaway.html

Wish me luck!!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With my trip less than 35 hours away, here's a quick update.
Thank goodness there isn't any sign of snow in the forecast, otherwise the turnaround would certainly get ever so more miserable.
I've started a trip report for those of you interested in following along http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-giveaway.html
Wish me luck!!
Just got back to Denver this afternoon (only 90 minutes late) on my 4th of these before Christmas. Snow has stopped and everything should be fine starting tomorrow. With rising temps and sun, the 7-12" of snow should be gone by the weekend. I found that the key to survival is to sleep at 2-3 hours on each of the transcons.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:32 pm

Just got back to Denver this afternoon (only 90 minutes late) on my 4th of these before Christmas. Snow has stopped and everything should be fine starting tomorrow. With rising temps and sun, the 7-12" of snow should be gone by the weekend. I found that the key to survival is to sleep at 2-3 hours on each of the transcons.
Considering I would have no life but flying 17 hours a day, I figure I may as well sleep for 5 hours on each
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Considering I would have no life but flying 17 hours a day, I figure I may as well sleep for 5 hours on each
You'll have better luck sleeping westbound which is running 5:45. Last night's LAX-JFK was only 4:20, way too short for good sleep.
If you have 1A or 1F on the LAX-DEN flights, you can also get a little sleep as you can use the bulkhead corners as a footrest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.