Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
even in F, that is gonna get old fast i predict.

eat well, pack some fruit. airplane food for 7 days straight is going to wreak havoc on your digestive tract.
Thanks for the handy advise!! I've done some crazy trips/MRs in the past, nothing as crazy as this one. I hope the extra quietness(or not) can allow me to get some more work done...I hope...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:19 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by jona970318
Flights for this fare would put me around 17hours a day in the air.

Rough itinerary for this run is as follows:

Dec17 10am JFK - DEN 6:22pm
Dec17 7pm DEN - JFK 6am+1
Dec18-21 mostly 7am dep JFK. Arrive at JFK either 5am or 6am(+1)whichever is later
Dec22 JFK-DFW-HKG(arr+1)

still trynna figure out what I've gotten myself into
Oh I see how you got around the Sat night stay requirements.

That is so clever. Have a great trip
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:30 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
For those of you actually leaving the DEN airport... IHG PointBreaks have a couple DEN listings that should be available for booking Monday morning (tomorrow):

Holiday Inn Express Denver South
Holiday Inn Denver-Parker
Old Oct 25, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by LGA
For those of you actually leaving the DEN airport... IHG PointBreaks have a couple DEN listings that should be available for booking Monday morning (tomorrow):

Holiday Inn Express Denver South
Holiday Inn Denver-Parker
I had similar thoughts when he PointBreaks list came out until I realized the Denver South hotel is 40 miles from the airport and the Parker is 23 miles. So, you would need to add in a rental car to the mix. (Or taxi/uber, but think the rental car would be cheaper.)
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by whimike
I had similar thoughts when he PointBreaks list came out until I realized the Denver South hotel is 40 miles from the airport and the Parker is 23 miles. So, you would need to add in a rental car to the mix. (Or taxi/uber, but think the rental car would be cheaper.)
Yes, DEN is practically in Kansas. You should have seen it when it opened and there was nothing but grassland for 20 miles on the drive in.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: United 1K, AADVANTAGE EXP, Marriott Platinum
Received an email about my DEN-LAX outbound leg having a schedule change. Was able to get this leg dropped and refunded. I'm in LA, so would have had to position th DEN. Flight in January. If anyone else is in the same positioning boat you might want to check your itinerary to see if it's changed. Hope this helps someone.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Cachris69
Received an email about my DEN-LAX outbound leg having a schedule change. Was able to get this leg dropped and refunded. I'm in LA, so would have had to position th DEN. Flight in January. If anyone else is in the same positioning boat you might want to check your itinerary to see if it's changed. Hope this helps someone.
That's so lucky! I was gonna post about about my schedule change. My 7am outbound out of JFK on day 2 was cancelled. The earliest available flight is the 10am which would make me misconnect in LAX. AA originally changed me to an afternoon dep arriving in DEN past midnight, obviously wouldn't work since by then I'd be well on the way for my return sectors.
This is when back-to-back ticketing gets tricky. Ultimately I rebooked on the earliest available 10am out of JFK. LAX-DEN was sold out in F so had to downgrade to Y to make original plan.

On a separate note, the agent rebooked me into K class(lowest available at the time). If I recalled correctly, should one be booked into Y when there's a downgrade from F to Y?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:00 pm

Does anyone know if this is 2x EQM or just 1.5 x EQM?
I fly on January 01.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by surftb15
Does anyone know if this is 2x EQM or just 1.5 x EQM?
I fly on January 01.
The current promotion ends 12/31/15. So unless they roll out a new 2016 promotion, the base EQM starting 1/1 would be 1.5 (1.0 plus 0.5 class of service). AA elites would earn more. With the 100% bonus, EXPs and PLTs would earn 2.5.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
The current promotion ends 12/31/15. So unless they roll out a new 2016 promotion, the base EQM starting 1/1 would be 1.5 (1.0 plus 0.5 class of service). AA elites would earn more. With the 100% bonus, EXPs and PLTs would earn 2.5.
Too bad. That's roughly 10000 eqp which isn't bad to get in January

but the 2.5 doesn't count towards EQP right?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by surftb15
Too bad. That's roughly 10000 eqp which isn't bad to get in January. but the 2.5 doesn't count towards EQP right?
No. EQPs are calculated differently. Your P fare would earn 1.5 EQPs unlike the 2.0 EQPs earned on P in 2015.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:36 pm

Thanks. I already have 90,000 total in paid business and first between January to March, so hopefully they announce or extend the bonus.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Looking to change this fare's return flight day

I was able to capture this fare for a little above its low but I have my return to go from DEN-DFW-NYC. If i want to change the DEN-DFW to a day earlier and the DFW-NYC for a few months later is it better to try online. If I wait until the first flights to DEN are completed am I able to make changes with out a charge?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jona970318
True. Ideally, once you fly the first segment the computer automatically locks the fare in and unless it's manually overridden by the agent, it would be impossible to reprice with new fare
My problem is I am looking to add a mid-journey trip to Asia starting from DEN. So I am looking to get to DFW a day early and then return in a few months to complete my final flight back to JFK. My path by the way was JFK-LAX-DEN-DFW-JFK. So is it smarter to hold off on the change until my first flight. Or do I call and get noticed. I must admit I was not thinking of potential problems to my ticket rules.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by 3galsontour
I was able to capture this fare for a little above its low but I have my return to go from DEN-DFW-NYC. If i want to change the DEN-DFW to a day earlier and the DFW-NYC for a few months later is it better to try online. If I wait until the first flights to DEN are completed am I able to make changes with out a charge?
This would not be possible because DFW is a transfer point, no stopovers are allowed for this fare

Originally Posted by 3galsontour
My problem is I am looking to add a mid-journey trip to Asia starting from DEN. So I am looking to get to DFW a day early and then return in a few months to complete my final flight back to JFK. My path by the way was JFK-LAX-DEN-DFW-JFK. So is it smarter to hold off on the change until my first flight. Or do I call and get noticed. I must admit I was not thinking of potential problems to my ticket rules.
You can certainly call in, I highly doubt that you'll get flagged. But I wouldn't count on being able to do anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.