Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: JFK-DEN (via LAX) in Flagship F rt $483

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
Any guess whether AA will honor?
Only time will tell but AA are usually good about this sorta thing. I'm pretty confident.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Any guess whether AA will honor?
they'll honor it
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pfbloom
And as far as the P fare rules: nonrefundable, but changeable with a $200 change fee. Correct?
Yes, but whatever change you want would be priced at the prevailing fare at the time of the change.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:47 pm

Mine just ticketed.

Going LAX-> Tampa to visit Mom .
Tampa -> JFK on New Years (gonna be awful)
JFK->LAX-> DEN on Jan 01
DEN->LAX->JFK on January 03
JFK-> LAX on January 04

Should be a nice holiday.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:23 pm

Also it looks like the deal is dead. Price over 1k now
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:19 pm

Amazing find. Thank you OP.

Looks like I'll end up with just over 27k redeemable miles which at worst are worth ~$350. Ticket was $511 with a quick overnight stay.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yes, but whatever change you want would be priced at the prevailing fare at the time of the change.
I'll have to re-check the fare rules, which I PDFd to my work computer, but typically you can change the return and keep the same fare.

I had one on hold, was a little worried after the fare was reported to be pulled upthread that it wouldn't ticket. I purchased late last night, and--phew!--the ticket was issued about 6 hours later. ^ nice little long weekend ski trip, and this way I can get close to a full day in before the evening DEN-LAX and then a redeye I can actually sleep on.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Had one and hold and purchased at 11pm last night. Ticketed a few minutes later. Thank you VERY much to the OP for this, really an incredible deal I'd say. Esp given the ~25k miles I will earn as a lowly Gold.

Btw, it was talked about before in this thread, but perhaps never corrected... for non-elites and for flights after 5/15/15, AA adjusted the RDM bonus to be the same as for Gold/Plat. So you earn 6k on each of the long legs and 500 on the short ones.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I'll have to re-check the fare rules, which I PDFd to my work computer, but typically you can change the return and keep the same fare.
Yes, IN THEORY it will be priced at the historical fare once the first fare component(outbound) has been flown
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Sad that I had to pass on this. None of the dates worked out for positioning for me... too much hassle
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, IN THEORY it will be priced at the historical fare once the first fare component(outbound) has been flown
No, typically you don't have to fly the outbound first, but I don't have the fare rules handy.
EDIT: Confirmed, the fare rules are explicit you can use historical fares as long as first segment (or any stopovers/fare breaks) don't change, regardless of whether first leg is flown or not.

Of course if this was a mistake fare I suppose they could try to give you a hard time. No way to really know, but I think it would be difficult for AA to argue in front of the DOT that a $500 JFK-DEN first class fare is a "mistake."

Last edited by ijgordon; Oct 17, 2015 at 6:59 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
No, typically you don't have to fly the outbound first, but I don't have the fare rules handy.
EDIT: Confirmed, the fare rules are explicit you can use historical fares as long as first segment (or any stopovers/fare breaks) don't change, regardless of whether first leg is flown or not.

Of course if this was a mistake fare I suppose they could try to give you a hard time. No way to really know, but I think it would be difficult for AA to argue in front of the DOT that a $500 JFK-DEN first class fare is a "mistake."
True. Ideally, once you fly the first segment the computer automatically locks the fare in and unless it's manually overridden by the agent, it would be impossible to reprice with new fare
Old Oct 17, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, AADVANTAGE EXP, Marriott Platinum
Snagged a couple. Will just create a "work" trip to get to Denver for positioning. Kind of a hassle, but with the EXP bonus, and needing to be on the East Coast a couple times anyway, this works out great. Thanks OP.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Etihad Gold; Air Berlin Gold; HHonors Silver
Feb Flying

I just locked in on my held flight for the first segment out of Denver turnaround for Feb 2016.. It's gonna be one heck of a pain in the butt to get from El Paso to Denver and back across a weekend (AA awards are going at no saver fares available, and Avios is only selling me 'first class' fares at the highly inflated first class fares since BA is a Business and First airline and ELP-DEN has no direct oneworld flights).

Hoping something good comes up on the award scene and hope to see some of y'all on board from LAX-JFK and/or JFK-LAX.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:40 am

This seems to be gone... or am I not looking the wrong way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.