Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: GIG/GRU- multiple locations (HKG/LAX/MIA/SFO ETC) ~$200 Y ~$360 J!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: GIG/GRU- multiple locations (HKG/LAX/MIA/SFO ETC) ~$200 Y ~$360 J!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sosfo
You have no idea what you're talking about.
+1 Anyone who thinks the DOT will help you here read this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...wiki-link.html
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:47 pm

Can someone post an itinerary that prices with the mistake fare? I can't seem to find anything. Thank you.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:49 pm

Anybody have any luck booking with a US credit card? I keep getting an error message like other posters.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:49 pm

Not seeing any pending transaction on my credit card, so guessing this is going to need manual review in the Brazilian office and will get cancelled.

Don't bother with holding itin's, though. Historically, AA has cancelled itin's on hold, even though its against their T&C's. Just ask anyone who held an itin during the Great F mistake fare of DCA-CN this year!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Originally Posted by Madone59
+1 Anyone who thinks the DOT will help you here read this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...wiki-link.html
Why do you think the DOT has anything to do with this? The law that AA has to follow for flights departing brazil is is by the brazilian ministry of transport.. I live in brazil, I know what I'm talking about.. KLM has this issue a few months ago.. if the tickets get issued they have to honor them..
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Finally success on the mobile site.GRU-DFW-HKG r/t in J, 1400BRL .used a US card without issues
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Delete... Actually, I was able to price it until I entered my CC but it required a Brazil CC to purchase.

Last edited by blueslip; Aug 20, 2015 at 1:16 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by flipside
Why do you think the DOT has anything to do with this? [snip]
Because many of us are booking flights ex-USA. The recent DOT ruling is indeed very relevant here, though moot if nothing ends up ticketing.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
So I just bought JFK-GIG for next March.

No email yet...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Not able to get past the re-pricing to USD on desktop or mobile...
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by travel_mav
Not able to get past the re-pricing to USD on desktop or mobile...
Same here, as soon as I click US for billing country I get the error message. Happened on mobile and desktop.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL PLT, Hilton Diamond, CX MPC Silver
Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
Same here, as soon as I click US for billing country I get the error message. Happened on mobile and desktop.
Tried the Chrome Autofill method on desktop, which does change the country but the following page adjusts the price to USD
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: dont matter anymore...
So anyone flying EX-Brazil.. here's an article in portuguese (google translate link) about what happened to KLM a little while back. The governing body responsible for these types of things is called PROCON. KLM had to honor the fares, and were sued for the ones that weren't ticketed.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Seems dead for me — keep getting the fare is now gone when I select a flight, and on the second try, it goes to invalid state.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
aa mobil booking site is down on iOS.

Anybody got ticketed yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.