Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: GIG/GRU- multiple locations (HKG/LAX/MIA/SFO ETC) ~$200 Y ~$360 J!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: GIG/GRU- multiple locations (HKG/LAX/MIA/SFO ETC) ~$200 Y ~$360 J!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
Originally Posted by Palal
Wait, once you upgrade the F bonus applies? You're sure about this? What about EQPs?
Once you upgrade, your new ticket is issued as an A fare which gives you the 12,000 extra miles. I had that credited once on a EZE-MIA ticket so I don't see why it wouldn't work now. Also, if your J ticket was booked on a D fare (not I) then you don't even need to upgrade since D will give you the 12,000 miles (full fare business class ticket). One segment of one of my tickets was booked that way so I won't be upgrading that one. More info here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/aadvanta...itle=moremiles

BTW, I'll be traveling on the upgraded ticket in 2 weeks and I can report back if you want
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by amiras
BTW, I'll be traveling on the upgraded ticket in 2 weeks and I can report back if you want
That would be great, because T&Cs state...

"If you purchase a Business class fare and then upgrade to First, you will receive the bonus promotional miles based on the original Business class fare you booked."
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Also, with this promo, it looks like we're earning 2 EQPs instead of 1.5 per mile.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I flew on an I fare upgraded to A and only received 3500 per leg, not 12000.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:31 pm

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but I am new here is this fare still active and available from SFO? I couldn't find this type of deal on the AA Brazil website.

Last edited by Nikhilper; Aug 24, 2015 at 9:46 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nikhilper
Hello,

Probably a stupid question but I am new here is this fare still active and available from SFO? I couldn't find this type of deal on the AA Brazil website.
Sorry but it's gone.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nikhilper
Hello,

Dead for new bookings for several days.

Can a mod add something to the title?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:05 pm

When is everyone going? I've got tickets to Brazil and onward to China in mid-June.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesb2147
When is everyone going? I've got tickets to Brazil and onward to China in mid-June.
I was supposed to go next year but they canceled my ticket. Apparently they aren't honoring all, might want to double check your tickets.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by singal3
I was supposed to go next year but they canceled my ticket. Apparently they aren't honoring all, might want to double check your tickets.
Anything unusual / extra complicated with your ticket that you think may have lead to them cancelling (assuming it was just cancelled after they had already ticketed it)?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by absoluy
Anything unusual / extra complicated with your ticket that you think may have lead to them cancelling (assuming it was just cancelled after they had already ticketed it)?
US-Europe

Didn't involve Brazil, you can follow the premium thread discussion. I was told that there would be an email sent from corporate. Haven't received it yet.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:52 pm

Just got mine.

US - Brazil and nested within that was Brazil - China

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.