Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by sward13238
can you send me link to EZE deal?
EZE was late last week, went down to 1600 at one time... also the TAM deal for Brazil fro 670
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I was just able to pay for a fare I put on hold last night (not a fare lock) for the July 4th weekend to FCO. I had three on hold because I couldn't decide where I was going to go.

Many thanks to 355F1. I'm in for two trips to Italy this summer.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by jfkeze
EZE was late last week, went down to 1600 at one time... also the TAM deal for Brazil fro 670
EZE went back on today...approx $1650 through end of year with blackouts mid-July to early Aug, and a blackout for Dec until Christmas on AA from JFK. Was there last I checked a little while ago
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
This is going to kill my chances for GPU use for my trip to AMS in early July...
Maybe I'll have to route through FRA just to avoid the US-AMS flights.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:30 pm

Still seeing UA : YYZ-BOM on united.com , sample dates May 7 - May 25,26,27,28.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:31 pm

This was definitely a nice little fare war (whether it was intentional or a computer mistake) during a time that fares are sky high.

Now I just need one of these little wars to Hawaii, I haven't seen one of them in a while.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Huge thanks to the OP! My RT SJC-IAH-MUC-FCO tkt is pricing out at just over $7k this morning! Booking hotels now! My sis & hubby booked 3 week trip RNO-SFO-FRA-FCO & are now planning to take a med cruise + visiting many places in Italy. My other family & friends who didn't book, are today wondering why they didn't jump on this fantastic deal and join us!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Various
So, did enough FTers jump on this in July that we should set up a little meet-up thread over in the Community Buzz forum?

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nova08
Now I just need one of these little wars to Hawaii, I haven't seen one of them in a while.
Well, HNL was included here... so you could have started and/or ended a trip to Europe in HNL!
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
P class is not valid for gpu
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond
booked Grr-cdg this am

1545 per.
P fare.
Same flight is now about 3500..
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by thepla
P class is not valid for gpu
Correct, but one can upgrade using miles + cash into GlobalFirst on 3-class UA equipment for around 20K miles + $550 per person. Not sure it's worth it though...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Correct, but one can upgrade using miles + cash into GlobalFirst on 3-class UA equipment for around 20K miles + $550 per person. Not sure it's worth it though...
I just got an offer on BOS-EWR-AMS to UG to GF for $549. Each way and no miles.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nickab
I like this theory, even though it's speculation. One clarification though -- it was actually all of the European Star Alliance. I saw the same $500 r/t base fare filed by AC, LH, LX, UA, OS, and SN.
UA is responsible for filing fares originating on the US/Canadian side of the Atlantic in all markets covered by the A++ ATI so when they file one it covers all the carriers.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the fuel dump were explicitly mentioned here, it would have helped get the price down into the $980-$1100 range roundtrip total, if not even marginally better than that.
I saw some much lower than that. There was $850 in YQ on top of 500 in base fare and ~150 in taxes. So figure $650 plus the strike costs if you can 100% dump it. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.