Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBOSman
Fare is Gone
Print Wikipost

(Gone) US airways US ex BCN from 140 EUR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Seems gone now, at least on ITA?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mlqsko
What a day history shows Sundays as great time to pay attention here
FT and airlines are 24/7. A number of great fares pop up on weekends. It's just that a number of FTers only view FT during the workweek while goofing off .

I just wish they were to places I have plans on going . I alerted the mods to note "Fare Gone".
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
Seems gone now, at least on ITA?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22270127-post89.html
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Amazing Sunday. I'm sort of surprised they disappeared relatively quickly given the timing. I have to wonder if the airlines have gotten better at using software tools (of their own or from contractors of some sort -- farecompare.com?) to nip these things as quickly as they do. It doesn't exactly help that ATPCO had increased the frequency of updating fares, but that alone may not really explain everything in terms of these things being shut down like they are.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by mahdego
yeah. it got posted on slickdeals. once it goes there...deals tend to die quickly.
And the person who posted on Slickdeals (it was their very first SD post ever) is also a Flyertalker!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amazing Sunday. I'm sort of surprised they disappeared relatively quickly given the timing. I have to wonder if the airlines have gotten better at using software tools (of their own or from contractors of some sort -- farecompare.com?) to nip these things as quickly as they do. It doesn't exactly help that ATPCO had increased the frequency of updating fares, but that alone may not really explain everything in terms of these things being shut down like they are.
I believe social media is a culprit -- when someone tweeted "US Airways error fare JFK MXP" (even without @USairways), they can still detect it and notify RM...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:14 am

Fare is still available on some slow-to-update OTAs... managed to book a MXP-NYC trip for 181 €, got confirmation and PNR looks valid on USAirways.com... will let you know if something else happens and finger crossed!!!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by NYTA
It pains me to see a mistake fare like this that I can't use.
same here, march is solid between LA and hawaii from delta, that left feburary, i saw 130$ rt JFK - MPX but really I dunno what id do in milan
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:18 am

Eman13: take a high speed train from Milan to Rome and go see Rome! Italy's small (for US standards) and in a week you can see lots
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Everyone who purchased this needs to go to AA.com then find a reservation and key in your name and flight details (date and AA flight # mine was #198). Then see the surprise they have for us
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:19 am

Ummm.

In another Spanish forum some people are calling to US and AA to get de AA reservation number for the BCN-JFK flights...

Some reports say that although the system get US res number AA systems detect the error and do not issue the AA ticket and reservation.

I agree with the "no call airlines" phrase, but, How are our chances to get onboard AA operated flights? I know that AA and US are in merger now, so I think that our possibilities are high, but, in case that AA refuse to honor those tickets, US must rebook passengers in own metal flights?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:22 am

I think it's too early to check on AA.com, and I suggest to wait a few days and see what happens...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:24 am

I'll add that booking trought an OTA gives us (at least, gave me) the UsAirways confirmation code, wich is NOT valid on AA's website. The AA code arrive later, probably with an email from AA
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by firestart80
Fare is still available on some slow-to-update OTAs... managed to book a MXP-NYC trip for 181 €, got confirmation and PNR looks valid on USAirways.com... will let you know if something else happens and finger crossed!!!
What are some slow to update OTAs?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by firestart80
I think it's too early to check on AA.com, and I suggest to wait a few days and see what happens...
I think it too.

But these reports after call US and AA from some people worry me about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.