Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
i think it would be better if you call AZ now!
AZ USA say everything looks fine. I don't think AZ IT is working now. I will just go to the airport. I have just bought travel insurance which should give me more money if they reject me. Let's see what happens.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zig2
When I am trying to check in for my GVA-FCO-JFK flight tomorrow, it says
"WEBCHECK-IN INFORMATION FOR THE FLIGHTS ENTERED IS NOT FOUND".

I think there must be some problem with it?
I flew this a week ago. Your ticket is fine, but (it is published on AZ website) you can't do OLCI for any of their GVA flights. No idea why, but it is so.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Oxymore
I flew this a week ago. Your ticket is fine, but (it is published on AZ website) you can't do OLCI for any of their GVA flights. No idea why, but it is so.
Just arrived in New York. It is fine. But I cannot OLCI the return leg either... the only bad point is I cannot select my seats, which is quite important for AZ flight since they are 100% booked! It was the most crowd flight I've ever been...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:57 pm

Zig2, it wasn't possible to choose your seats or ask for some specific places when you made a "check in" in GVA?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Ilze
Zig2, it wasn't possible to choose your seats or ask for some specific places when you made a "check in" in GVA?
You can ask it in person. However when you are doing it, it's usually too late to have the good seats...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by poncherelli
Thanks for the input re: EU Law, it's not an area I'm very familiar with.

My flight was definitely cancelled for operative reasons, a month ahead of time. The issue I still don't fully understand is the accommodation to my final destination on "comparable alternative means."

AZ rebooked me on another flight, on their own metal, which is somewhat inconvenient compared to my original flight, but they could well argue that they provided "comparable alternative means." I would argue they provided alternative means, but not entirely comparable, and I'd much prefer to be rebooked on DL/AF/KL for a shorter trip duration. I'm not so inclined to buy a new ticket, however, and risk not being compensated (not to mention, I imagine I would spend more time & effort fighting with AZ than the couple hour layover they stuck me with).
As an update, I received the following email (3 different times) over the weekend:

"Gentile Cliente,
Alitalia informa che, il Suo volo AZ059 del 04/02/2013 stato cancellato .
Per eventuali ed ulteriori informazioni o per effettuare una nuova prenotazione,
La preghiamo di contattare il Customer Center Alitalia

Cordiali Saluti.

Alitalia

Dear Customer,Alitalia informs you that your flight AZ059 on 04/02/2013 has been cancelled.
For further details and in order to change your reservation,
please get in contact with the Alitalia Customer Center

Regards

Alitalia"

I tried calling again, was told that cannot offer reprotection on another carrier and that my current itinerary is the only one they can offer me.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
As an update, I received the following email (3 different times) over the weekend:

"Gentile Cliente,
Alitalia informa che, il Suo volo AZ059 del 04/02/2013 stato cancellato .
Per eventuali ed ulteriori informazioni o per effettuare una nuova prenotazione,
La preghiamo di contattare il Customer Center Alitalia

Cordiali Saluti.

Alitalia

Dear Customer,Alitalia informs you that your flight AZ059 on 04/02/2013 has been cancelled.
For further details and in order to change your reservation,
please get in contact with the Alitalia Customer Center

Regards

Alitalia"

I tried calling again, was told that cannot offer reprotection on another carrier and that my current itinerary is the only one they can offer me.
I think they're right. In fact, airlines are not obliged to reprotect you on another airline, but they have to reprotect you (then in AZ network))
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:37 pm

I think they're right. In fact, airlines are not obliged to reprotect you on another airline, but they have to reprotect you (then in AZ network))
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. I assume what they've done fits the unclear definition of the "comparable alternative means" requirement.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Thanks, that's kind of what I figured. I assume what they've done fits the unclear definition of the "comparable alternative means" requirement.
Indeed. The Eu261/2004 is really unclear about this.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
I had this email over the weekend:

Dear customer,
Alitalia informs that the flight AZ7899 on 28MAR13 , departing from LHR at 0935 to LIN, has been rescheduled to new departure/arrival times.

For further information , please contact our call center at +39 06 65649.
I got rebooked on Air France via CDG instead (final destination is OTP)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by seattle29

Wow, great!
but unfortunatly this doesn't mean AZ is obliged to reprotect via AF. it's exclusively a choice that only AZ can do!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by seattle29

Great!

Just curious, did you have to contact them to rebook on AF or were there any comparable AZ flights?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
so than I must tell you that you are completely wrong. the eu law is pretty clear in this point. the customer can chose between a full refund or an alternative transport to similar conditions like the originally booked flight. period!

Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004 establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of denied boarding and of cancellation or long delay of flights stipulate:

Refund or alternative transport
If you are denied boarding or your flight is canceled or overbooked, you are entitled to either:
transport to your final destination using comparable alternative means, or
having your ticket refunded and, where relevant, being returned free of charge to your initial departure point.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
The problem is that "comparable alternative means" is very vague. You are dreaming if you think ryanair will buy you LH ticket. Many airlines do it for various reasons - as a gesture or to avoid paying you delay compensation. But if the change is more then 14 days before the flight(like in this case) they are not even required to do that. It is basically - take our offer or take your money back, if you don't like the offer - tough luck.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:39 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Great!

Just curious, did you have to contact them to rebook on AF or were there any comparable AZ flights?
Original routing was LHR-LIN-OTP. They wanted to rebook me onto LHR-FCO-OTP, but this involved a 6 hour layover in FCO, ridiculous for a set of inter-EU flights. On the phone the call centre staff were useless until I asked for an Italian speaker, and was transferred to somewhere in Italy.

I actually asked to be rebooked on KLM (I have to be in AMS the day after returning, and was hoping to skip the last leg and stay in AMS on the way home...) They said no, but offered me AF instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.