Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by miikkak
European Parliament doesn't have legal authority to obligate AZ to reinstate the tickets (not saying that it doesn't work as a method for marketing the reinstation campaign)...
I agree, it's only a way to join all the requests...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by geordie986
I agree, it's only a way to join all the requests...

Not only that, but the European Parliament can also ask the European Commission to step in (even though they already said they are unsure of their jurisdiction).
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I just got a new ticket receipt from Alitalia so I guess my ticket is un-cancelled officially.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, CO Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs down

AZ has reissued my tickets and re-charged my credit cards for the flights without any notice. The charges show a posting date of 10/29 and an authorization date of 10/21.

I am furious since I have already rebooked all of my flights after the initial cancellation. Upon calling customer service, they proceeded to refuse to cancel the itinerary. After 15 minutes of going back and forth, the representative abruptly said "thank you" and hung up on me.

Wow AZ, your customer service is truly the ultimate f'ing nightmare. I have already begun the dispute process with my credit card company.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Several dozen
OMG - I have booked 8 revenue flights on the same plane as my 8 320 zero revenue flights. If my seats became open because 320 low revenue flights were cancelled, who will be sitting in my seats - uncancelled, cancelled 320 low revenue flyers, my cancellled, still cancelled? zero revenue flyers, or my rebooked revenue flyers? Will we be playing rock paper scissors on the plane for the seats?

Originally Posted by pulseeric
AZ has reissued my tickets and re-charged my credit cards for the flights without any notice. The charges show a posting date of 10/29 and an authorization date of 10/21.

I am furious since I have already rebooked all of my flights after the initial cancellation. Upon calling customer service, they proceeded to refuse to cancel the itinerary. After 15 minutes of going back and forth, the representative abruptly said "thank you" and hung up on me.

Wow AZ, your customer service is truly the ultimate f'ing nightmare. I have already begun the dispute process with my credit card company.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Just been emailed the e-tickets (in English, not Japanese!) for my 0.01 cent flights. Same e-ticket numbers as before...
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver, M&M FTL, Flying Blue Silver, Duna Club Silver
I received only one and have two flights. Do all of you got all the tickets at the same time?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: M&M
I wonder...
REFUND
Passengers will be charged a € 20 for each ticket handling fee in case of a total or partial request of refund of unused part of the tickets.
Such sum, regardless of any refund surcharge, is applied to all tickets except for those in Magnifica Class, Classica Plus, Economy/Libera and for state regulated fares to Sardinia and Crotone.
All airport and security taxes included in the fare will be refunded.
Since my new itin receipts don't mention any discount I wonder what would they tell me if I wanted to have some tix refunded. Strictly for the added fun factor only.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Received e-ticket notifications for all four of my passengers on both itineraries - including for the one ticket that was a child fare and only 24,420 JPY. Meaning that I actually have one ticket that was reinstated that I paid nothing for. Granted, I did pay $66 for the four tickets, but if you look at them separately, three of them ended up costing $22 each and one was free.

Last time I checked, three of them were valid and one was void when looking at the Saudi site, but now the "free" one is also listed as "open for use".
Old Oct 31, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got an e-tkt confirmation showing my full pre-PROMOJP price ...

I'm an idiot and cannot figure out how to select seats online ... can anyone guide me?

Last edited by amolkold; Oct 31, 2012 at 5:09 pm
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:13 pm

I also received e-tickets but it looks like I will have another seats (not that ones which I chose during the booking process). I "booked" a new ticket and my chosen seats were available. Anyway, I'm happy First time I will cross the Atlantic Ocean
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:19 pm

I keep sending messages and emails to AZ, but only on facebook i am redirected to their 'official statement'.
I do not agree with this statement as I paid with a legal voucher.

I have the impression they're just ignoring me, trying to make me back off and forget about it, smart marketing because most people will do so. How big is the chance these tickets actually do get honored?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
interesting:
- if i go https://mm.alitalia.com/ru_en/BOOKING/Apvsearch.aspx and fill my tkt n it shows me: " The system is not available at the moment. Please, try again later"

- if i put my PNR it founds my tkt but shows " Status:the ticket has not been issued , the reservation expires on 30/10/2012 alle 13:18 "

- and on web check-in section, if i try to select my seat, it shows: "SEAT ASSIGNMENT MODIFICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED AS FLIGHT INFORMATION ENTERED IS NOT FOUND."

- on Saudi: "open for use"

what f*****g are they doing?

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Oct 31, 2012 at 6:54 pm
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:04 am

i booked normal flight (without japanese code) on the same date as PROMOJP one, and they mistakenly sent me cancellation email for this normal flight too, so i booked again (same passangers,dates,dest.), and when i called them they told me that none of the reservations might be valid so i should just wait and they will call me back... I waited 2 weeks, and they didn't call me back, but when i call them now they tell me that both reservations are valid... and it's only few days to departure.

I might be reimbursed for one of the reservations, but for the second i have to pay. I could cancel it within 24 hours by calling on the infoline, the problem is that when i called them they were in a big mess and couldn't help me with my tickets, told me to wait.. and now they tell me that since i waited i cannot cancel anything... this is really typical alitalia.. They don't care that they system was having problems... I was sure i'm not flying so i made other plans for this time, and now i will probably looose money... I guess if it's not big issue when everyone is watching (like promojp), AZ behaves as always... Can i do anything?

Last edited by juice99; Nov 1, 2012 at 2:25 am
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by juice99
i booked normal flight (without japanese code) on the same date as PROMOJP one, and they mistakenly sent me cancellation email for this normal flight too, so i booked again (same passangers,dates,dest.), and when i called them they told me that none of the reservations might be valid so i should just wait and they will call me back... I waited 2 weeks, and they didn't call me back, but when i call them now they tell me that both reservations are valid... and it's only few days to departure.

I might be reimbursed for one of the reservations, but for the second i have to pay. I could cancel it within 24 hours by calling on the infoline, the problem is that when i called them they were in a big mess and couldn't help me with my tickets, told me to wait.. and now they tell me that since i waited i cannot cancel anything... this is really typical alitalia.. They don't care that they system was having problems... I was sure i'm not flying so i made other plans for this time, and now i will probably looose money... I guess if it's not big issue when everyone is watching (like promojp), AZ behaves as always... Can i do anything?
try to call AZ and ask to talk with a Supervisor (who's allowed to make extra operations instead the normal agent!).
At the meantime, send a claim (write !) to AZ before your departure, specifying what's happened ,why and what AZ agent told you that day!

a little note for everyone: when you call AZ, at the beginning of the call with the agent, he/she gives you a matriculation/, so take note about it! it would be very useful when you've to report something via email/letter to AZ, because all calls are recorded, so they can verify everything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.