Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA Plat, UA Silver, kettle everywhere else
Repeatedly calling the call center and being so sticky sweet that I almost made myself sick ("There was an error? But Alitalia NEVER has errors! I love Alitalia! Won't you pretty please help me fix it?") got it resolved in just four calls. Color me shocked.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:27 am

Semi Emergency

Ummm I purchased the ticket during JAPAN PROMO fiasco from JFK/MAD for $273 and continued traveling to IST. Of course the IST leg was canceled and I've been calling and asking for refund since 11/7/2012 and they've been saying it'll be 6 months from now and everything is fine haven't received refund. Anyways tickets is for today and in my junk email I get the web check in. I'm actually in DFW this morning and am scheduled in NYC later this afternoon. Any ideas if I should go ahead and go to JFK and see what happens?? Call the call center for refund?? I'm scheduled to fly DFW to LGA on delta, maybe ask Delta to confirm?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:41 am

I had the same thing, kind of, where I was owed a refund and they told me 6 months to process. It still has not process, but I went through AmEx's dispute resolution process and they resolved it in my favor. No idea if they've been able to get Alitalia to pay up or if AmEx swallowed it. But either way, I still got all the check in emails.

So - do you want to go? I think that's the real question.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
I had the same thing, kind of, where I was owed a refund and they told me 6 months to process. It still has not process, but I went through AmEx's dispute resolution process and they resolved it in my favor. No idea if they've been able to get Alitalia to pay up or if AmEx swallowed it. But either way, I still got all the check in emails.

So - do you want to go? I think that's the real question.
Thanks for the quick reply as I was trying to explain the situation... I really don't want to go but if it means I'll lose a ticket I would rather go.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:09 am

I really can't vouch for whether Alitalia will eventually pay out, as I've been waiting since October for my refund and they told me different time frames each time. ("It will process at the end of the month." "It's processing next week." "It will be 6 months.") I am surprised that since my ticket was supposedly canceled, I got check in emails and whatnot.

Is it possible for you to dispute with your CC company? I know you can't do that in time, but if your company is pretty good with disputes, I can tell you that AmEx was really easy (but it did take a while).
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by SceneStealer7
I really can't vouch for whether Alitalia will eventually pay out, as I've been waiting since October for my refund and they told me different time frames each time. ("It will process at the end of the month." "It's processing next week." "It will be 6 months.") I am surprised that since my ticket was supposedly canceled, I got check in emails and whatnot.

Is it possible for you to dispute with your CC company? I know you can't do that in time, but if your company is pretty good with disputes, I can tell you that AmEx was really easy (but it did take a while).
Good Point I'll try my luck with Capital One and see what happens, not in the mood of tapas this weekend ;-)
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by DLDFW
Good Point I'll try my luck with Capital One and see what happens, not in the mood of tapas this weekend ;-)
the main thing i do not understand: usually the cc dispute is done when:
1) there's a fraud (your card is used, not by you!)
2) there's a difference between what you've signed (e.g. 100$) but was charged 1000$!
3) the signature does not correspond to your signature

in the AZ case, you correctly have concluded the transaction, buying the tkt, how can Amex and other cc companies dispute for it?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
the main thing i do not understand: usually the cc dispute is done when:
1) there's a fraud (your card is used, not by you!)
2) there's a difference between what you've signed (e.g. 100$) but was charged 1000$!
3) the signature does not correspond to your signature

in the AZ case, you correctly have concluded the transaction, buying the tkt, how can Amex and other cc companies dispute for it?
In my case, it was that AZ had supposedly canceled the ticket (and I called numerous times to request that) but were not refunding my money, despite telling me it would be back on my card shortly.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by sindjic
Hi gang,

Sorry for my ignorance, but did anyone with the SkyTeam Elite status travel recently on GVA-NYC-VCE ticket...

If you can share your experiences in relation to:

- Priority check-in
- Lounge
- Priority boarding
- Connection in Rome
- On-board service

First time on Alitalia...btw, checked Alitalia forum but not much info there...

TIA
Just got back from JFK-FCO-MAD-FCO-CDG-FCO-MAD-FCO-JFK and I can tell you that for all segments we were able to do Sky Priority check-in and boarding as Sky Team Elite (not Elite Plus, DL Silver Medallion only)

Connections in Rome were ok, not a big fan of getting off a plane and onto a bus to the terminal, which happened at three of four Rome landings. We had one tight connection due to a late departure and there was someone holding up a sign for our flight to help get us to the connection quickly.

Service on the plane was fine, food was ok, almost every flight had the yummy peach juice
Old Mar 2, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
As promised, here's a few words about my GVA-FCO-JFK-FCO-VCE experience. Haters will be dissapointed.

I flew AZ for the first time last year and the latest experience just confirmed my first expression - what a great airline! All the check-in agents that I encountered were great (in GVA they though are not AZ stuff) and so was the flight personnel. I am DL Silver and was treated very well, even though that is not a very high status. Even got priority tags on the bags (something that DL doesn't do anymore for Silvers).

That peach/apricot juice sure is yummy and so is the blood orange juice :P Service on board was efficient ad everything went smoothly. My personal screen was broken on the JFK-FCO leg and I was offered another seat, but I declined the offer. This of course can happen at any flight. When departing from GVA you can't check-in online and from the US check-in opens only 19h before the flight.

I'm sorry about the problems others have been experiencing with cancelled flight, etc. I have one more AZ experience later this year and hopefully it will be as pleasant as the first two.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
can only agree as I'm just back from the same trip, nice staff & good service on the day flight, Inflight not too bad.

The connection time was both times very short thanks to delays ( on the way back flight time up to 8,5 hours thanks to strong winds) - and its a good 10 minute walk between the gates, with passport & security cheks (last only when we arrived from the US).

the JFK floght was delayed half an hour, so they automatic rebooked us on the later flight, but since we made it they isssued new tickets, with the warning that our luggage might be on a later flight. which it did - but collection this morning was possible (no need to carry it trough venice) - since delivery wouldn't had been possible before my flight back would take off.

Online check in in the US wasb't possible for me, but was able to change the seat prior to boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.