Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok, confess, who is responsible for this:

http://alietalia.spreadshirt.com/
^^^

"We never issued any tickets...The Illuminati did"

"You book- We cancel"
LOL
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:42 am

@Forrest Bump, thanks I will try it by Fax then.
@Ajolando, I thought I read something like this in this thread. But then letīs wait until tomorrow.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
a-lie-talia

Please be advised that Alitalia is performing quality checks on some parameters of fare rules related to sectors of medium (International) and long range (inter-continental) itineraries.

Specifically, the function for single and double open-jaw fare quotations has been temporarily disabled for economy class tariff products. As a result, some itineraries with open-jaw segments may not auto-quote. Rest assured these controls will be completed in a timely manner, and you will be informed when the auto fare function is fully restored.

Thank you for your understanding, while we conduct these tariff checks.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Ajolando
It's not the same thing. What we are talking about is that a merchant published an offer open to use for everyone, but after realizing that he was giving away goods for free, changed the terms of the offer after the goods were sold, and now wants that those who got the items for free give them back, and those who have spent at least 1cent (which is way below the value of the purchased goods) can keep them.

To make an example, imagine that a furniture company based in Sweden decides to launch a WW marketing campaign trough newspapers. In every country, major newspapers publish a coupon worth a 25% discount, but in 1 country, for example France, the coupon is worth 240 euros. To redeem the coupon, the customer must only write his email address in a blank field and accept to receive promotional emails. No other limitations are stated on the coupon. An Italian customer knows about this campaign from a friend in France and buys a french newspaper from the local store, cuts out the coupon, fills in with his email address and goes to the local store of the swedish company. Many other customers are there too, some with an italian 25% coupon, others with a french 240 euro coupon. The italian customer buys items for 200 euros, gives the coupon, the lady at the cash register accepts it as payment and prints out a receipt.
On the next day, the itailan customer receives an email from the swedish company claiming that he wasn't entitled to use the coupon since:
1) it was written in french and published on a french newspaper
2) the customer doesn't live in France
3) AFTER the purchase, the company has published a different version of the coupon, stating it's validity only for their french shops, and claims that THIS were the original terms. Fortunately our customer has a photocopy of the original coupon with the original terms.

After a lot of protests arrive at the swedish company's offices, they state that all those who paid at least 1cent for their goods can keep them, and those who got them for free should bring them back to the store.

Now, in your view, is the Italian customer a thief?

BTW: this is my first post on FT after reading it for several months, i ask you to apologize for my errors since English is not my first language (and I'm also writing from an iPad, which isn't the best choice for typing), and please also accept my apologies for the long post, but I'm personally involved and I'm very pissed off from AZ's behaviour...
Hi Ajolando, welcome to FT! Do keep us posted about your meeting tomorrow. I'm away on a trip right now so can't follow this too closely but I am interested to hear how things evolved.

And I agree with others that AZ is not being 'generous', it is trying to figure out a way out and what it can get away with. My personal sense is that they shot themselves in the foot with their original handling of the problem and that we haven't quite seen the end of this yet.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by kaell
Please be advised that Alitalia is performing quality checks on some parameters of fare rules related to sectors of medium (International) and long range (inter-continental) itineraries.

Specifically, the function for single and double open-jaw fare quotations has been temporarily disabled for economy class tariff products. As a result, some itineraries with open-jaw segments may not auto-quote. Rest assured these controls will be completed in a timely manner, and you will be informed when the auto fare function is fully restored.

Thank you for your understanding, while we conduct these tariff checks.
Surprised nobody has jumped...you work for AZ?

Why don't you restore our ability to position from MXP to FCO...via HKG?

Also, we're not at the end of this. AZ is on shaky ground with the current argument about the PROMOJP code.

One key problem is the knowing false presentation on the AZ FB page that states: "per uso esclusivo sull'acquisto di voli in partenza da Tokyo o Osaka, come chiaramente specificato sul testo in giapponese dell’offerta Facebook.

Purtroppo, per un malfunzionamento, il sistema non ha inibito l’utilizzo del buono sconto giapponese alle sole rotte dal Giappone, ma ha consentito di utilizzare lo sconto per tutte le rotte del network Alitalia."

FALSE! Worse... KNOWINGLY FALSE! INTENT TO PERVERT JUSTICE AND AVOID LEGAL ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THE PROMOTION!

On October 20th, at 11pm MST, during the time of booking tickets under this promo code, I captured the promotion using PDF save from my browser and uploaded it for universal benefit at a PDF webhosting site.

http://freepdfhosting.com/02617b02b1.pdf

The PROMOJP coupon T&C state (in romaji): "Kono kyanpane e-kupon waribiki promo code wa PROMOJP etc." It does NOT state "Tokyo to Osaka kara..." as the later version did. It does NOT contain any phrase limiting the promotional codes to specific origins/destinations.

The coupon was changed to include departure limitations on October 21st, after tickets were purchased and issued!

Many other people have independently PDF'ed the coupon from October 20th before it was changed.

AZ will face this evidence from plaintiffs. The bad faith of presenting a false argument on the FB page will be taken into account.

I've informed the management about the lack of wisdom of following this path because they will destroy their credibility under legal examination.

There's no need for this. AZ could take steps to mitigate while avoiding being found liable in several class action suits.

But it's their call.

By no means is this over or nearly over. It hasn't really even begun yet.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
^ you said it all.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
^ you said it all.
Except that they are (probably) not capable of re-charging credit cards as Security Code CV ( and possibly Credit Card number ) is now "invisible " to them. I suspect they will have to re-issue tickets and then ask people to re-purchase them at the original > 1 cent price.

My Itinerary under Saudi says:
"PAID" and under Credit card info it says:
Card type: undef (ALLP.listelem.PaymentCard.CV)
Card number:
Credit Card "undefined"

Also I changed my travel plans/dates as a result of the cancelation. Thus the new tickets must be unrestricted as to change of dates and available to re-book in any
" Y " inventory and not restricted to "O" and "W".

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Oct 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm
Old Oct 28, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: M&M
It always said that. "PaymentCard.CV" for Visa and "PaymentCard.MC" for MasterCard. Saudi not being able to access payment details has nothing to do with ticket issuance.

In fact you can count your blessings because this means AZ wasn't stupid enough to give payment details out to a third party, whomever they might be.

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Also I changed my travel plans/dates as a result of the cancelation. Thus the new tickets must be unrestricted as to change of dates.
Haha, that won't fly but sure will be funny trying. I'll do the same!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
What if AZ goes bankrupt because of all these people who want their free flights? Then no-one flies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Except that they are (probably) not capable of re-charging credit cards as Security Code CV ( and possibly Credit Card number ) is now "invisible " to them. I suspect they will have to re-issue tickets and then ask people to re-purchase them at the original > 1 cent price.
Exactly. If they have refunded/voided the original CC transaction, reissuing the tickets requires a lot manual work& is really messy... Az can't charge CCs randomly...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: Millemiglia, Miles&More, BA Executive, Accorhotels Platinum, IHG Priority Club
Originally Posted by Alec84
What if AZ goes bankrupt because of all these people who want their free flights? Then no-one flies.
Whith these managers they will go bankrupt anyway (again...). It's just a matter of time, somone will come buy them for a few bucks. Maybe it will be AF, maybe EY...
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:10 pm

They wonīt. The Government will save them. No worries here.

An Italian friend of mine told me to fill out the conciliation request, even if itīs only pro forma (hope this expression exists in english).

As I am considering to join a class action, I have a small problem with the following:

undertake to not take or pursue judicial
or out‐of‐court actions while awaiting the discussion of my case by the Conciliation Commission and
the relative result.
What should I do? Can I simply forget this form? (Form: http://www.alitalia.com/DE_DE/your_t...dulistica.aspx)

cheeers

Last edited by G-GFFD; Oct 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: Millemiglia, Miles&More, BA Executive, Accorhotels Platinum, IHG Priority Club
Originally Posted by G-GFFD
They wonīt. The Government will save them. No worries here.

An Italian friend of mine told me to fill out the conciliation request, even if itīs only pro forma (hope this expression exists in english).

As I am considering to join a class action, I have a small problem with the following:

What should I do? Can I simply forget this form? (Form: http://www.alitalia.com/DE_DE/your_t...dulistica.aspx)

cheeers
The conciliation should be used only if you have sent a claim (using their on-line form or by fax) and got no answer after 60 days, and don't want to sue them to court.
To send a claim on-line go to this page:
http://www.alitalia.com/IT_IT/contac...ims/index.aspx
After doing that, I suggest you to contact the Autoritā Garante della Concorrenza e del Mercato (AGCM) at the following address and complete the online complaint form:
http://www.agcm.it/
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
The board of directors held last week didnt seem contemplate issues connected to "bankrupt".
The contrary.
I would not be so sure as some here that AZ will go bankrupt.
They managed to get out the 2008 crisis with CAI (new consortium) pretty well, beginning today a new commercial and seems dynamic policy.
The fleet will not increase nor decrease the current 141 aircrafts (plus 15 in order) and they plan to improve the balance sheet accounts with heavy layoffs.
I don't see AF (25% of AZ) getting in better shape as for now.
But I see in some future a merger for both interests inescapable.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:25 pm

i booked a ticket with AZ before i knew about PROMOJP on 20 of October, then after 6 hours i booked with PROMOJP few free tickets and they sent me cancellations emails for each of my booking, including not-PROMOJP one.

problem is,that since i got cancelation for first flight i booked again, but it turned out it was their mistake that they sent me cancellation email also for first flight. so i ended up with 4 tickets instead of 2. ( i booked for me and my wife )

for the last 2 weeks i'm trying to clear this up, but they refuse to help me... this is i think REAL alitalia... i'm just 1 person, probably almost nobody else is in my situation, i think i will have to pay for both reservations, because they refuse to help me (this is same date, price, destinations, passengers, but 2 reservations, paid twice)

they told me they will contact me, but they did not. few times already... via email they say i should contact telephone customer service, via telephone customer service they promise they will call me back, then nothing...

is there anything i can do? was i really stupid that i thought that since they sent me cancellation , i need to book again ?

Last edited by juice99; Oct 28, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.