Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone] AZ: 320 discount on Alitalia operated flights (.JP)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by BobKop
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...04011121_n.jpg
This is a link from the Facebook group. It does not have a time stamp, but I think there are enough witnesses here to prove it.

I would not know how to date stamp it, maybe someone here can do it? If you google for the promotion and then go to the arrow on the right side of the search result (for cache) the image still displays the original conditions.

(https://www.google.com/#hl=nl&output...w=1366&bih=624)
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:26 pm

I feel sorry for the AZ community-managers

So much to remove tomorrow from their FB :

https://www.facebook.com/alitalia
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Catusa
Must be too much traffic on the Saudi site.
Maybe they are rebooking the tickets to transit via Jeddah or Riyadh with their SkyTeam partner Saudi Arabian Airlines, so passengers can deal with local check-in staff there.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

This is what is being posted on their FB page XD

Dear Alitalia !

• Fact 1: You started a promotion giving 25000Yen off.
Only restriction are blackout dates from Dec 20, 2012 until Jan 6 2013.
There where NO other restrictions written.
• Fact 2: Many people booked flights using this by the time of booking unrestriced voucher.
• Fact 3: Everybody was able to complete their booking (using the unrestricted voucher on your japanese website).
• Fact 4: Everybody who completed the booking got an conifirmation email for his flight,stating the exact flight dates, a PNR and even the applied voucher discount (25000Y, you remember).
• Fact 5: Some people even called YOUR service team, and GOT THEIR E-TICKETS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
• Fact 6: No one couldn’t complete the booking due to restrictions DURING the booking or due to a „wrong/fraud“ IP Adress or credit card.
• Fact 7: Sometimes later one of you recognized there were no restrictions fort he voucher.
Suddenly things change:
• Fact 8: The Website with the Information abaout the promotion now has some restrictions, which of course is allright and common.
• Fact 9: A few minutes after you changed the Terms and Conditions oft he – previously UNRESTRICTED PROMOTION - nearly everybody receives a simple generic email „your payment could not be proceeded“
• Fact 10: Even though, EVERYBODY COMPLETED their BOOKING and got an PAYMENT CONFIRMATION (with PNR, flight dates etc) you suddenly justify the mass-cancellation as a result of your „Anti-Fraud-System“ which detects non-japanese IP and CC
• Fact 11: Some people HAD japanese IP and japanese CC and STILL got cancelled.
• Fact 12: Some people received their E-Ticket, issued by your customer servic center – altough you AntiFraud seems very restrictive.
• Fact 13: Many people already booked their hotels, transfers etc. because they received a PNR, a Ticketnumber and a booking confirmation – as usual when booking a flight with any airline in the world.

So please, Alitalia, tell us whats wrong here and WHY THE REGULARY BOOKED AND ISSUED TICKETS SHOULD SUDDENLY BE CANCELD ?? What are YOUR facts and reasons to do so ???
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:38 pm

It may be because it is still Sunday, but I'm surprised no lawyer has offered their services yet to see justice be done. This would be a perfect high-profile case well worth the time and effort.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
So... Maybe the situation won't be too bad and the DOT will be able to help us !
Who knows
The Unknown is how will DOT see the usage of the Code? The fare was always correct and the only thing that lowered it was using the code(promo) word, so its not a mistake fare nor is AZ trying to raise the fare but instead is trying to Void the tkts based that the Promo code was never to be used for Non-Japan Deaprtures

That seems to me that someone fluent in Japanese will need to look over everything in Japanese and not Google Translation of the original promo to see if theres any indication who can use the Code

w/o having to input the code I think DOT would have left AZ with no choice but to honor the tkts. Since in order to get the lower fare each person had to do something (input the code) and use the Japanese site Im not too sure if DOT will force AZs hand this time, since they will know those booking had to know something was up.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:53 pm

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what would happen if you took one of Alitalia's US offices to small claims court (you only need to list the nearest location) based on the cancellation and the fact that they broke their own promo rules.

I highly doubt they would send someone out if you are towards the middle of the country. But the court might also throw it out. Also, if you win, you probably couldn't even collect on your settlement, they could just ignore you.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by BobKop
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...04011121_n.jpg
This is a link from the Facebook group. It does not have a time stamp, but I think there are enough witnesses here to prove it.
I have another, very, very, very interesting screenshot for ya'll. It does NOT have any kind of restriction, not even the holiday season blackout. This is what you got on the Italian site.

screenshot removed: I was wrong

Last edited by FrankTalk; Oct 21, 2012 at 7:12 pm
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:00 pm

1,6 M tickets? :O
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
I have another, very, very, very interesting screenshot for ya'll.
Thanks for the screenshot!

The Saudi page is partially up now, when pulling up my tickets it's showing different information than before but they are not cancelled.

They are showing as paid with the full Yen amount, and in the coupon section it says: "open for use", when before it indicated that the coupon was used already.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by guajiro
1,6 M tickets? :O
Nope, 1.6 million offer requests
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
This is their announcement in Japanese with the Facebook time stamp: Saturday
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Not 100% sure it is the first version, though, but I believe so
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
I have another, very, very, very interesting screenshot for ya'll. It does NOT have any kind of restriction, not even the holiday season blackout. This is what you got on the Italian site.

will it work as proof? no numbers counting down and no kind of date on it...alitalia could claim that that "only from japan" part was edited out.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
This is the US Department of Transportation complaint form:
http://www.dot.gov/individuals/air-c...t-comment-form

ONLY flight touching US soil are taken into consideration.
NOT EU/EU or Japan/EU flights.
Bummer as it is, the US DOT is not going to bend over backwards to "punish" Alitalia for cancelling these tickets. Its clear that it was a mistake on their part and the deal had spread like wildfire all over the world with 1000s of tix sold. The fact that AZ didn't list restrictions on the Japan site is stupid of them but DOT is not going to do anything about it. AZ will log a big complaint list, thats all.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by x1achilles
Bummer as it is, the US DOT is not going to bend over backwards to "punish" Alitalia for cancelling these tickets. Its clear that it was a mistake on their part and the deal had spread like wildfire all over the world with 1000s of tix sold. The fact that AZ didn't list restrictions on the Japan site is stupid of them but DOT is not going to do anything about it. AZ will log a big complaint list, thats all.
Luckily there is still the EU (the US flights also touch the EU, so you can hedge your bets). In the EU a fare mistake (asking price) is legally different from a coupon (form of payment).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.