Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by pr0digy25
It would be ill-advised to carry something for someone, especially into Burma.

Not only is there the possibility it's nefarious, but one might attract the attention of Custom officials who might be interested in one's ticketing.
Why am I having visions of Brokedown Palace?
Old May 9, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Chances are that the fares may be displayed but ticketing has been restricted on those tickets..

Trying to price the DL fare from RGN to YVR for $13 comes with this response on the GDS' :
What about the RTW fares? F on OW showing at $123 base fare.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Why am I having visions of Brokedown Palace?
x2
Old May 9, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erasmus99
What about the RTW fares? F on OW showing at $123 base fare.
RTW fares cannot be auto-priced. Good luck finding an agent who is willing to manually construct this $123 fare and ticket it for you.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM; CO Plat
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
As others have posted and I have verified personally, there is no working e-Visa process as yet. There was a brief beta test period and now they are waiting for official launch, no firm date given
I applied for an Evisa.. and got a reference number from them.. with a link to check back. They stated within 5 days I should hear something:

Myanmar EaseNet (eVisa) ✆ [email protected] via gmail.com
May 8 (1 day ago)

to milerunner
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is an acknowledgement letter of receiving your Visa application & fee.You may use your Application number included in email to check the status of your Application at our website.

Application Number : XXXX45B9838D1CAXXXX
You can check the status of your application here

Thank you,

eVisa Myanmar
This letter is for testing purpose only. You can not use it at myanmar immigration check point.

Anyone else tried this and have it successfully issued?
Old May 9, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by stratofortress
My parents did Visa On Arrival last month. They're about as "Ma & Pa Kettle" American as you can get, and travel on US Passports. They didn't have any problems getting VOA. I do remember that they set up the visas through their travel agent, so perhaps that's the trick.

Just occurred to me that the name of the travel agency might be useful. I'll ask and report back.
If they were on a packaged tour - they can pick up their visa on arrival - that is different than being issued a visa on arrival
Old May 9, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If they were on a packaged tour - they can pick up their visa on arrival - that is different than being issued a visa on arrival
Fix'd. That really annoyed me.

For the visa on arrival through MAI, does anyone know the price for that and what currency would they take, assuming you're coming from a Western country that doesn't supply MMK.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by rankourabu
They weren't on a package tour. They simply had the visa arranged through a travel agent. I understand this is different from a true "Visa on Arrival", but I thought it might be helpful to those of us who are doing a few trips. For example, I already got a visa from the Embassy in DC, and since you can't get more than one visa in your passport at a time, I'm planning on setting up a second visa through a travel agent - I'll pick it up on arrival when I visit the second time.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Also, it looks like you can get true VOA if you arrive on MAI from CAN

http://www.mmtimes.com/2011/news/568/news56809.html
Old May 9, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM; CO Plat
They weren't on a package tour. They simply had the visa arranged through a travel agent. I understand this is different from a true "Visa on Arrival", but I thought it might be helpful to those of us who are doing a few trips. For example, I already got a visa from the Embassy in DC, and since you can't get more than one visa in your passport at a time, I'm planning on setting up a second visa through a travel agent - I'll pick it up on arrival when I visit the second time.
I think this is the big question for many of us.. the back to back visa situation. If you can pre arrange it, then it avoids having more than one valid visa in your passport at anytime.

I applied here as one poster suggested. It seems like its a direct government of myanmar site. http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm

I received an application confirmation number and a place to check status. It currently says PENDING.. I applied yesterday May 8th.

If this works, I beleive this can resolve the issue of having quick turns as you can apply for multiple visas through this at the same time but for different arrival dates..

HOPE IT WORKS!! or Im gonna have to park it for a day in BKK to get the visa like many others.. which is a real pain on multiple trips
Old May 9, 2012, 10:57 am
2mg

Not excited yet...

Originally Posted by odetophil
Checked in and enjoying myself at a OW lounge. So far so good. My only gripe is that you had to walk allll the way across BKK to park myself here. But sure beats being stranded in RGN I guess.
Everyone should relax.
Right now.
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I was part of the OK deal (BKK-PRG)
and only ONE person was allowed to fly and then...
NO ONE ELSE.

If anything, this is going to push their airlines to action.

Either they are going to say their okay with it or don't let anyone else on the plane.

Finally, can we also get a VISA thread? I'm tired of sifting through this back and forth talk about VISAS. I only want to read about AIRLINE issues in this thread.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, it looks like you can get true VOA if you arrive on MAI from CAN

http://www.mmtimes.com/2011/news/568/news56809.html
Thank you for the link.^

The relaxing of visa requirements on some routes comes after Myanmar introduced a visa-on-arrival system on May 1, 2010 before suspending it four months later.

The system, which was universally acclaimed by stakeholders in the tourism industry, allowed foreign visitors from any country to apply for a visa-on-arrival when passing through Yangon and Mandalay international airports without having to make any prior arrangements with travel agencies.
Looks like there was VOA from May 1, 2010 to Sept 1, 2010. VOA only available when flying M8 from CAN and REP now.

Last edited by TerryK; May 9, 2012 at 11:48 am
Old May 9, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Besides BKK and one report of HKG, has anyone tried in-person applications in other countries? Here's the list from the US Embassy website.http://www.mewashingtondc.com/MM_Embassies_en.php
Old May 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by 2mg
Finally, can we also get a VISA thread? I'm tired of sifting through this back and forth talk about VISAS. I only want to read about AIRLINE issues in this thread.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...elsewhere.html
Old May 9, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by milerunner
I think this is the big question for many of us.. the back to back visa situation. If you can pre arrange it, then it avoids having more than one valid visa in your passport at anytime.

I applied here as one poster suggested. It seems like its a direct government of myanmar site. http://www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm

I received an application confirmation number and a place to check status. It currently says PENDING.. I applied yesterday May 8th.

If this works, I beleive this can resolve the issue of having quick turns as you can apply for multiple visas through this at the same time but for different arrival dates..

HOPE IT WORKS!! or Im gonna have to park it for a day in BKK to get the visa like many others.. which is a real pain on multiple trips
Did you submit a credit card number? If not, then it won't work. I posted my communication with the company earlier in this thread. The huge flashing banners that say "Online Evisa Launched as a Test April 1, 2012" and "Official Launch of the Online Evisa System Will Be Coming Soon" summarize it pretty well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.