Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tentseller
No need for a formal hotel room reservation for a one day turn:

With DL's late arrival just book a 6 hour block at the Changi T1 Ambassador transit hotel. By the time you are done with the 6 hours plus a shower, you will be at 7-8am so grab the SMRT train into town and start your food adventure. I never waste my money or points on one night of hotel with DL's late arrival when I go to SIN.

Check in opens at T-h which is about 3am. So hang out around town, by the time the partying and eating is done it will be 1-2am. Some of the night market is open all night with sight and sound plus food to keep one amused. Freshen up at the lounge prior to departure.
Thanks for this suggestion and will be perfect for my itinerary! Any special visa requirements for SIN?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:34 pm
2mg

This was widely available from LAX...

Last evening, but it appears to have disappeared.

Also, if you are using the Ambassador Hotel, I'd book the room sooner than later. I've always snagged a room, but friends of mine haven't been so lucky.

Finally, the check in process is a bear - no e-check in! It starts at 3 am and there are NO LOUNGES outside of security.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by khaden
Thanks for this suggestion and will be perfect for my itinerary! Any special visa requirements for SIN?
None require for US/Canada passport holders.

The transit hotel book up very fast like 4-6 wks in advance.

Breakfast
Singaporean coffee(KOPI) with Kayan toast, (toast with a spread of egg, coconut) with soft boil eggs.
Chinese congee (rice soup with whatever filling you want plus fried fritter and rice noodle rolls.
Bat kut teh (Herbal pork bone soup)

Others:
Kwey dew, oyster pancakes, hainan chicken rice, rojas, satay, curry fish head, chili crab, frog stew, Laksa, many different versions of curry, other Malaysian and Indonesian.

Just go to hawker centres, (Newton is one but there are many others) and just see what you like. Most vendors are English literate.
There is also a seafood centre on the way into the city from the airport along the road that one should try.

Just carry wet wipes, napkins in your pockets, wash everything down with Tiger Beer.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
Just booked LAX-SIN
Oct 6-9
Six hour layover in SIN
670.00 A/I for 19643 MQM
Could not pass this one up
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Thanks OP!

book one from Nov 16 - 26.
EWR DTW HND, NRT SIN and reverse with 18 hours in Tokyo in both directions for 760. now i have to figure out how to go home from SIN.

kind of sad that my booked travel will get me 1k and Plat already. less excitement to book more trips!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by DeltaBumper
Thinking hard about this for Thanksgiving . . . just got back from the JFK-WAW trip (awesome) . . . this is VERY TEMPTING.

Thanks OP!
speaking of jfk waw trip. i am doing one now, and my trip should end up with neither NYC or WAW after 5 reissues!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Is anyone finding any availability from EWR Jun-Aug? My damn gf is a teacher There is a ton of availability all other times.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: SQ
I was going to book this, but then I calculated the CPM with my (minimal) expenses and realized that it was going to hop over 4 CPM quite easily. I've been to SIN a bunch of times and I can't plan for more than a weekend.

Thankfully I can dump C2-C1 with my eyes closed and for $680 I can get a couple of more practical trips to see my AMS-based gf with a much lower CPM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Thankfully I can dump C2-C1 with my eyes closed and for $680 I can get a couple of more practical trips to see my AMS-based gf with a much lower CPM.
Such a tease to our common FT peeps....
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:49 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
F1 days were available... superb!

Thank you, OP!

Booked Sep. 19 - Sep 26, LAX-MSP-NRT-SIN SIN-MSP-LAX @660/pax (with free EC seats thanks to my wife's PM status). I wish there were similar options from SEA (our hometown) as now we need to figure out logistics to/from LAX.

Jumped on this deal not only because of the ticket prices, but also because of the Singapore Formula 1 race. Ticket prices for that one + the hotel will definitely make the airfare/mileage savings (3.1 cent/mile) savings non-existent.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by pgh234
Is anyone finding any availability from EWR Jun-Aug? My damn gf is a teacher There is a ton of availability all other times.
Looks like you got the short end of the stick there :P.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Thanks OP!
Booked LAX-SLC-RAP-MSP-NRT, SIN-MSP-LAX to coincide with the Hungry Ghost Festival. $661 for 21.4K miles (3.1cpm).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by VladQ
Thank you, OP!

Booked Sep. 19 - Sep 26, LAX-MSP-NRT-SIN SIN-MSP-LAX @660/pax (with free EC seats thanks to my wife's PM status). I wish there were similar options from SEA (our hometown) as now we need to figure out logistics to/from LAX.

Jumped on this deal not only because of the ticket prices, but also because of the Singapore Formula 1 race. Ticket prices for that one + the hotel will definitely make the airfare/mileage savings (3.1 cent/mile) savings non-existent.
Well, you could have done LAX-SEA-NRT-SIN.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just purchased one for Oct 2-16. I'll probably head to Thailand for a week or so.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:47 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
thanksgiving week

I got the thanksgiving week for $ 702 ai for ewr-msp-nrt-sin and sin-nrt-lax-atl-ewr for total of 22890 MQM
Good find OP
Will take a side trip to Bali

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.