Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Booked long weekend in early April but there is availablity in May - all T fares. Looks like there are plenty of routing choices and you can get same day turns for a bit more money. Flight arrives at 12:50 am and leaves again at 6:10am so I'm not sure if you can spend that time at the airport (never been to SIN).

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 10, 2012 at 11:21 am
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Booked long weekend in early April but there is availablity in May - all T fares. Looks like there are plenty of routing choices and you can get same day turns for a bit more money. Flight arrives at 12:50 am and leaves again at 6:10am so I'm not sure if you can spend that time at the airport (never been to SIN).
You sure can, as best I remember. I'd wonder though about not having your passport stamped on your way back into the US if you don't at least go through Immigration and come back.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Great find. You can easily spend that time in the BEST airport anywhere (that's SIN) but you could also take a taxi to the 24 hour mustafa center mall, or a hawker center to get some awesome and cheap food at 2am.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
SIN airport is a mall within itself - easy to spend time.

Passport control is at the exit of the terminal (as you arrive International side) so not sure if you need to clear to reboard plane but it is a very efficient process from the multiple times I've visited.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: OZ D*G, AS MVPG, AF G, GHA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Yeah arrivals and departures are all in one level in SIN (hence why security is at the gates rather than at a centralized clearance zone), so you wouldn't be going through immigration.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: their are many of them
good deal, almost good enough to make me wanna fly delta
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA
What booking tool are you using?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:03 pm
2mg

From LAX as well...

Playing with April 5 - 9.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
You can do a same flight turn around. SIN is designed and built for transit as it is a major hub for SE Asia and Aus/EU/Middle East traffic.

Heading into the city is one option or one can grab some very fine airport food airside. There is also a transit hotel where you can rent bedrooms for some quick zzzz's.

The T1(DL) rooftop spa/pool/bar closes at 1130pm. It would have been a relaxing way of chilling and plane-spotting in the pool or hot tub over a Tiger beer

If one wants to stay at the airport, there is the transfer desk which opens 3 hrs before the DL280 departure to get boarding pass. The departure lounge that DL uses has showering facilities.

Even with the high cost of hotel accommodations it is a shame to fly all that way and not visit the city or partake in it's food scene.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Great deal. Wish I can finalize the time.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:29 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
dl-ewr to sin

I just booked 3 tickets for may 16 to 26 for $ 702 each getting 20294 MQM thanks a lot very nice find
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA/CO Gold; DL Gold; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Car Exec.Select.
Good in Sept.

Was able to book EWR/SIN on DL.com through September.

Thanks OP! ^^^
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
I'll just throw this out there now, if you're reading this DON'T CALL!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: SQ
I just did. I called. Me and my desire for an aisle seat are the two most important things in this world.

Kidding: Going to book a weekend...Makes me a bit glad I backed out of CPT at the last minute...
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I just did. I called. Me and my desire for an aisle seat are the two most important things in this world.

Kidding: Going to book a weekend...Makes me a bit glad I backed out of CPT at the last minute...
Haha, never had my blood pressure shoot up so fast after reading 5 words. ^ This also works out of LAX too at $662 for 3.34cpm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.