Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: EWR-SIN $690.30 ai - 3.43 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
As a DL FF no amount of MQM can route me through a US DHS arrival in LAX even with GE.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Scatter
Just purchased one for Oct 2-16. I'll probably head to Thailand for a week or so.
That's what I've been trying to figure up too. It's only $250 or so RT to Thailand from SIN

Last edited by zitozac; Feb 26, 2012 at 9:55 am
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Darn it!

I held off for two days but could not resist booking Thanksgiving 2012 in SE Asia.

Now my problem is I've got my family who's gotten used to traveling on all these milage making trips with me. But 4 x $690 is becoming harder and harder to swallow. So I need some good tips on cheap flights & accommodations in Thailand, Bali, or perhaps Malaysia.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by zitozac
That's what I've been trying to figure up to. It's only $250 or so RT to Thailand from SIN
It's also only $250 or more throughout the year from various US gateways to BKK. Seems to me like a poor decision...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I just booked this out of LAX for $654. I've got an 8 1/2 hour layover in MSP. LOL

I'm leaving 31 Oct and returning 5 Nov.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by yohanson
I just booked this out of LAX for $654. I've got an 8 1/2 hour layover in MSP. LOL

Yo, did you see that there was a routing that yielded a 15 hour layover in MSP? Enough time to sleep at home, save a vacation day by going to work, or even fit in another MR.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yohanson

You could visit the Mall of America and wear yourself out. You'd be ready to sleep on the next leg of your trip.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Jeeves
You could visit the Mall of America and wear yourself out. You'd be ready to sleep on the next leg of your trip.
I'm just going to go back home and work for the day.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: NW-PE (ret.) DL-Diamond & 1M, Hertz #1, UA-1P
Originally Posted by vip66
Darn it!

I held off for two days but could not resist booking Thanksgiving 2012 in SE Asia.

Now my problem is I've got my family who's gotten used to traveling on all these milage making trips with me. But 4 x $690 is becoming harder and harder to swallow. So I need some good tips on cheap flights & accommodations in Thailand, Bali, or perhaps Malaysia.
Perhaps check out Tiger airlines. As an example, SIN-CGK is $63 RT.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Desdinova
I also like Air Asia (http://www.airasia.com) for cheap fares around SE Asia.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by tentseller
As a DL FF no amount of MQM can route me through a US DHS arrival in LAX even with GE.
I also swore off LAX US DHS arrivals, but was hoping GE was better. Just as bad? Never used GE before, how does it work in LAX?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by croakz
I also like Air Asia (http://www.airasia.com) for cheap fares around SE Asia.
I second that. I love Air Asia. It's great but you need to book your flights way in advance for best deals. I did over a dozen 1-ways on in during 2 trips to South East Asia.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
Originally Posted by tentseller
No need for a formal hotel room reservation for a one day turn:

With DL's late arrival just book a 6 hour block at the Changi T1 Ambassador transit hotel. By the time you are done with the 6 hours plus a shower, you will be at 7-8am so grab the SMRT train into town and start your food adventure. I never waste my money or points on one night of hotel with DL's late arrival when I go to SIN.

Check in opens at T-h which is about 3am. So hang out around town, by the time the partying and eating is done it will be 1-2am. Some of the night market is open all night with sight and sound plus food to keep one amused. Freshen up at the lounge prior to departure.
What lounge is available for use pre-departure in SIN? Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by Desdinova
Or SGN - so fun - for < $100
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:54 am
2mg

Is there a reason...

I can see $655 for this route on the matrix, but can't get it to come up on dl.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.