Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) AF: WAW(PRG)-NOU (Premium economy) 923$ (1050$)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) AF: WAW(PRG)-NOU (Premium economy) 923$ (1050$)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:26 pm

OP: Thanks for posting, absolutely great find! Seems like a nice fare to NOU and that two segments are in Y+ (and decent mileage earning) are nice benefits.

I guess people should be reminded:
- Not to call Expedia / other booking engine of your choice
- Not to call the airline

I got myself a nice winter break to NOU booked using the bigE, and if that doesn't work out, I at least got an evening's worth of dreaming about it....

I do wonder if this fare error will make it more difficult to jetisson some gas in the future?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
just booked with stopovers in CDG, ICN, KIX for $621 with refundable 1x (could have gotten it for 521 but wanted it to remain refundable/flex)

AF1247W 17APR S WAWCDG HK1 705A 930A
AF 264S 17APR S CDGICN HK1 130P 710A 18APR M
AF 234K 23APR J ICNNOU HK1 1030A 1005P
OPERATED BY AIR CALEDONIE INTL
AF 231K 29APR F NOUKIX HK1 145A 845A
OPERATED BY AIR CALEDONIE INTL
AF 291S 02MAY M KIXCDG HK1 1130A 505P
AF2346W 05MAY Q CDGWAW HK1 1240P 255P

It looks like it might be possible to upgrade the SB segments with AF miles but the website is not clear.

Last edited by chewy3; Jan 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Thanks to the OP for a very nice find!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
I got this:

Dear XXXX,

RE: 1354XXXXXX

We are contacting you in regards to your recent purchase made on Expedia.com.

Due to technical difficulties beyond our control we are currently unable to confirm your reservation.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; however, it is important that you contact our offices at 1-877-247-0153 and reference case number S-XXXXXXXX. Our agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

This is an unmonitored alias. Please do not respond to this e-mail. Please contact the number listed above for any further information.

Thank you for choosing Expedia.com.

Michael
Air Support Desk
Just got same email
What will be now? Someone experienced with that?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
just booked with stopovers in CDG, ICN, KIX for $621 with refundable 1x (could have gotten it for 521 but wanted it to remain refundable/flex)
you want to enlighten us on what booking engine you successfully booked it with stopovers?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:50 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by kacheng
you want to enlighten us on what booking engine you successfully booked it with stopovers?
Not a booking engine - through Sabre GDS (i'm a travel agent) - however, that should mean that it's possible to do online somewhere since online booking engines are based on GDS.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:52 pm

I suppose anyone who booked on the bigE will be getting that soon... which is why, if it doesn't work out, at least we all got a morning / evening / afternoon of free dreaming.

It still seems to be available for a bit more on Airfrance.com if you're willing to pay for a bit more carbon trading.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by teahan
I suppose anyone who booked on the bigE will be getting that soon... which is why, if it doesn't work out, at least we all got a morning / evening / afternoon of free dreaming.

It still seems to be available for a bit more on Airfrance.com if you're willing to pay for a bit more carbon trading.
Do someone knows if expedia must ticket that or not?
I can see that AlaskaAirlines authorized payment on my CC and blocked money for tickets.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:57 pm

Not a booking engine - through Sabre GDS (i'm a travel agent) - however, that should mean that it's possible to do online somewhere since online booking engines are based on GDS.
Alright, I see. Thanks.
Then I will just go on hunting.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Maybe only bad newbie question...
Who make ticketing? Travel agent or airlines?

Do you have ticket numbers?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by xmurphy
Maybe only bad newbie question...
Who make ticketing? Travel agent or airlines?

Do you have ticket numbers?
Yes I do. If it autoprices I can ticket.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Do someone knows if expedia must ticket that or not?
I can see that AlaskaAirlines authorized payment on my CC and blocked money for tickets.
I had to cancel my booking with Ex.com and I was told that all airline bookings can be canceled within 24 hrs. However, I cannot find this rule on Ex's websites
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
I had to cancel my booking with Ex.com and I was told that all airline bookings can be canceled within 24 hrs.
Ouch, getting popcorn to watch the fireworks.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blank Sheet
Ouch, getting popcorn to watch the fireworks.
Not at all. They are not suspicious because of the fare, don't worry. They did not even watch at it. Simply canceled because the tickets was not yet issued
Old Jan 17, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Just got same email
What will be now? Someone experienced with that?
I don't know why you got this mail. It is not a normal mail!

I got my second reservation issued within a few hours and have ticket number now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.