Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) AF: WAW(PRG)-NOU (Premium economy) 923$ (1050$)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) AF: WAW(PRG)-NOU (Premium economy) 923$ (1050$)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by ranskis
. Since you need SB yo go to NOU, it could not be issued on AS stock. It could have been issued on AF stock, but that would mean a price different than the one quoted, so fortunately the system blocked it.
But the SB flt I am booked also carries a AF flt number.

Isn't the issuing carrier determined by the carrier of the first int'l flight (the inter-Europe one does not count). Therefore, shouldn't the issuing carrier for the itin WAW-CDG-NRT-NOU be AF? And since they do have a tix agreement with SB and AS, I am confused.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:22 am

Since the deal is now gone, I felt it OK to ring the number in Expedia's e-mail. They checked my reservation and came back with the explanation suspected: AS cannot ticket for SB. They seemed blissfully unaware how much of an error fare all of this was and tried to book the SB segments separately, only to have the fare hike to $6000. As also suspected, my only choice was to let them go ahead and cancel the whole reservation.

For future reference, it would be nice to know what other FDs might be OK. I only knew of AS and clearly, that was a bad choice.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Flight: xxx - yyy back to top

Expedia itinerary number: aaaaa
Airline ticket number(s): 057xxxxxxx
air a confirmation code: bbbbb
air b confirmation code: cccc Main contact: Dr Zurich Flyer
E-mail: [email protected] Cell phone: 000
Home phone: 111

Traveler and cost summary
$390.00
Taxes & Fees $208.88

Total $598.88

etc
Old Jan 18, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
The FD fare was certainly a deal with the free stopovers; for 360EUR I was able to reserve a week each in NRT, NOU, and ICN and premium eco on A380 CDG-NRT. Unfortunately the FD leg killed the possibility to ticket, but at 850EUR without FD it was much less of a deal admittedly although still allowing stopovers and date changes. Better luck next time^
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott ,Radisson ,BW & Accor Gold , M&M , AB & FB Silver ,Hertz Gold
How were you able to get on the A380 ? I could not find S availability on it ?
Also - moderators - how about GONE - it has been pulled out from amadeus and can not be booked online as far as i could check. Congratulations to all who got lucky and again BIG THANKS to the OP!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Catusa
But the SB flt I am booked also carries a AF flt number.

Isn't the issuing carrier determined by the carrier of the first int'l flight (the inter-Europe one does not count). Therefore, shouldn't the issuing carrier for the itin WAW-CDG-NRT-NOU be AF? And since they do have a tix agreement with SB and AS, I am confused.
A good question. Can anyone comment? I would also think as Catusa and some itineraries (w/o stopovers in Japan/ Seoul) were able to have AF flights only [AF coded flights from Japan to NOU must have a remark of "online AF connecting traffic only"].
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
The FD fare was certainly a deal with the free stopovers; for 360EUR I was able to reserve a week each in NRT, NOU, and ICN and premium eco on A380 CDG-NRT. Unfortunately the FD leg killed the possibility to ticket, but at 850EUR without FD it was much less of a deal admittedly although still allowing stopovers and date changes. Better luck next time^
You certainly did not get the A380 since there is no Y+.

Also for those interested it's a whopping 39k AF miles to upgrade the Air Calin flights each way to business.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:07 pm

Getting to the question raised in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post15675611.

For those who booked via Expedia and AF/KL.com - how are you going to deal with AF service fees (for Expedia it is valid since this semi-agent is only good for purchases they do not change partially used tickets - simply do not want)?

With LON-NTE ticket I was asked EUR 25 for change. Fortunately I booked via a travel agent and got him making the change for free. But for Expedia/ Direct sales there seem to be no way to avoid this. Any ideas?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 12:11 pm

BTW as it could be quite an expensive inventory for AF to pay for (SB flights were booked in Y inventory which may cost -something- for a 9 hours flight even in economy) it could be that AF may ask for rerouting.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keter
Getting to the question raised in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post15675611.

For those who booked via Expedia and AF/KL.com - how are you going to deal with AF service fees (for Expedia it is valid since this semi-agent is only good for purchases they do not change partially used tickets - simply do not want)?

With LON-NTE ticket I was asked EUR 25 for change. Fortunately I booked via a travel agent and got him making the change for free. But for Expedia/ Direct sales there seem to be no way to avoid this. Any ideas?

Chances with Ex.com? I guess it won't work. They told me that any changes would cost 150 $ plus fare differences
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by chewy3
You certainly did not get the A380 since there is no Y+.
Actually, I believe SOME A380 routes do have Y+. I'm certain CDG-JFK has Prem Econ, I'm surprised to read that the NRT flight doesn't offer it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:23 pm

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Polish travel agents got today a letter from AF, advising to report all ticketed itineraries in S class to NOU and then make a VOID (which means cancellation).
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sinus
Polish travel agents got today a letter from AF, advising to report all ticketed itineraries in S class to NOU and then make a VOID (which means cancellation).
What if also Ex.com gets it? The "whoa whoa" will start here in the forum
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by sinus
Fascinating stuff. Kind of glad I sat this one out!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
I already got bagged by Expedia, I wonder what will happen to those who bought directly from AF (w/o a FD).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.