Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jjclancy
ITA prices some fun routings (eg JFK-CDG-PRG-LYS-FCO, FCO-LYS-STR-CDG-JFK) with 4 segments each way... sadly airfrance.us multicity seems broken and Orbitz won't price these itineraries.
not bookable for that price!!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:04 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
booked three tickets, november 20-26.

thank you to the original poster (OP). my mother has never been to rome and is very excited.
That's when we booked as well - I think we'll probably see a lot of FT'ers in Rome over Thanksgiving!

Thanks OP - this is fantastic!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Originally Posted by FrankFlyer
Can this be bought on another website other than airfrance.com ?

Canadians cannot purchase tickets online for flight departing the US and the Canadian Air France ticket office is closed...
Try expedia.com or expedia.ca. For a 1 night stay in CDG, it prices to $302, which I plan to do it. BTW, expedia will allow you to cancel your reservation with full refund less the $5 booking till 11PM PST of the following day.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hw711
$279.03/8634 miles = 3.23cpm
I looked at my reservation more carefully, the CDG->FCO segment is AF operated L so only 25% EQM. So cpm=$297.03/(2*(3630+687*0.25)) = 3.9. Not amazing but I've always wanted to go to Rome so I'll take it.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hw711
I looked at my reservation more carefully, the CDG->FCO segment is AF operated L so only 25% EQM. So cpm=$297.03/(2*(3630+687*0.25)) = 3.9. Not amazing but I've always wanted to go to Rome so I'll take it.
yeah, $85 each way plus tax is good enough for me. plus, i am platinum CO so i assume the mileage will work out.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:21 pm

Woot! Got two for February 19-27th for my husband and I. It'll be a surprise Valentine's day/early birthday gift for him.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So if the intra-Europe segments are operated by Alitalia but on an Air France code, is it still the AF booking code that applies for the intra-Europe segment?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Liquid Fyre
Woot! Got two for February 19-27th for my husband and I. It'll be a surprise Valentine's day/early birthday gift for him.
Two of my friends and I are flying on 18th Feb with a stopover in CDG on the 24th before heading back the next day. Is it not that still cold during this time in Rome?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: AC AP, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive
Does anyone know if there are other USA staring points? I see that you can book from EWR as well.

How about anything out of YYC or YVR? It seems that the booking code rules indicate that you can do DL between Canada and USA, but not sure how to price this through? Any suggestions?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:52 pm

Does anyone know if this can be upgraded with any FlyingBlue voucher, miles, or something similar?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jestabillo
Does anyone know if this can be upgraded with any FlyingBlue voucher, miles, or something similar?
It is not upgradable. I suggest Ambien, Napien, or a lengthy visit to the CRC/Air France Salon before your flights.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by wannagoexplore
Does anyone know if there are other USA staring points? I see that you can book from EWR as well.

How about anything out of YYC or YVR? It seems that the booking code rules indicate that you can do DL between Canada and USA, but not sure how to price this through? Any suggestions?
I didn't find any from Toronto or Montreal. I believe the fare error is on for the NYC-FCO market.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
Originally Posted by jestabillo
BTW, expedia will allow you to cancel your reservation with full refund less the $5 booking till 11PM PST of the following day.
I'm sure you're correct - I just don't see it on the T&Cs for this fare. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I need this guarantee to firm it up tomorrow. Where on Expedia do they state this? I see the "Plans Change" verbage, but it doesn't specifically mention it.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
How quickly is Expedia.com issuing ticket numbers for these tickets?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Originally Posted by GUWonder
How quickly is Expedia.com issuing ticket numbers for these tickets?
Nearly instantaneous tickets from AF.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.