(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Traditionally, CO has been pretty adamant about having you mail in the original boarding pass. I think that the history of this is to ensure that you do not try to claim missing mileage in more than one program.

These days, with the ability to print out boarding passes at home and photoshop everything in sight, it seems pretty strange for CO to insist on an "original" boarding pass. But they still do.

For me, I mailed in the original boarding passes and kept copies. My mileage posted manually (in sort of a strangely recorded manner, but fully) in less than two weeks after mailing.

I have heard of situations where CO would accept a fax, but my experience is that this is in rare instances. YMMV.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gary_nj
Traditionally, CO has been pretty adamant about having you mail in the original boarding pass. I think that the history of this is to ensure that you do not try to claim missing mileage in more than one program.
True, but what is their policy on accrual when the rules change after you bought your ticket? It doesn't do any good to send in the documentation if they're not going to credit the "L" class flights.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 8:54 am

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Mrs. Outoftown and I just got back on March 6. I think we are some of the last FT'rs who flew this MR. Weather was partly cloudy most days, some days sunshine and in the 60's, but the last day was cold and rain. For the flights, we are claiming Skymiles. Mrs. got everything posted except CDG to FCO and I just sent in a fax to fix that. Because of difficulties AF had with my Skymiles name not matching my passport, I faxed everything in to Delta to get credit for my segments.

Wife (no status) got:
AF9833 FCO to CDG (Y) 685 miles, earned 1028 MQM
AF 18 CDG to EWR (Q) 3649 miles, earned 3649 MQM
AF19 EWR to CDG (Q) 3649 miles, earned 3649 MQM

Our return from FCO was 40 minutes delayed. Nobody met us at CDG and some of the signs for 2E were pointing the wrong way or seemed missing. We hustled to our connection which was boarding the buses when we arrived at the gate. The over the water segments were only half full, so we moved to enjoy rows to ourselves. Several were sleeping with their legs propped over or around the stationary divider in the middle of the 4 seat section.

It was a great trip, with the only negatives being the all-time high Euro exchange rate (new record every day we were there). Even the beer at McDonalds is now over $4 a cup. If anyone wants some McD's coupons good only in Rome through May 31, PM me. We stayed the 7 nights at the Intercontinental which is at the top of the Spanish steps. Got an upgrade to the 5th floor, but the hotel was stingy (only 1 free bottle of water for the week) and no snacks. Also got the usual error minibar charge on my bill. Surprisingly they had the USA Today gratis. Overall a great trip. Thanks to the OP.

-Outoftown
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by outoftown
It was a great trip, with the only negatives being the all-time high Euro exchange rate (new record every day we were there). Even the beer at McDonalds is now over $4 a cup. If anyone wants some McD's coupons good only in Rome through May 31, PM me.
Ha! Somebody handed me some McDonalds coupons by the Spanish Steps and I actually used one of them to get my kid an ice cream for half a Euro. With a small gelato going for 2 or 3 Euros, it was "a deal."

The exchange rate does make Rome tough for Americans right now. Everything is at least 50 to 100% more expensive than in the U.S. With the exception of inexpensive wine, it is impossible to go to any restaurant and feel that you got your money's worth. This deal obviously made Rome a very worthwhile trip (thanks OP!), but I'd advise anyone having to pay "real money" to get to Rome to go elsewhere this year. It's hard to have a great time when you feel poor -- and any American in Rome this year is going to feel poor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.