Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NYC-Rome ~285 AI on AF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:53 am

Does anyone know what will happen if you stop and stay in CDG and don't fly to FCO? Will they cancel your return flight? I would rather spend time in Paris and I can pack all my stuff in a carry on.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 2:53 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by dinosims
I'm surprised this fare still hasn't been pulled - about 10 hours in....

Regardless, I'm in for one on Jan8-14 with a 23 hour layover in Paris (JFK-CDG, CDG-FCO, FCO-CDG-BOS-JFK), purchased on expedia for $604.20 for me and the GF...just waiting for the ticket number now...
Air France is quite good at picking up passengers from shorthaul arrivals to drive them straight to the longhaul gate if connections are this tight.

Originally Posted by ruzzzell
Does anyone know what will happen if you stop and stay in CDG and don't fly to FCO? Will they cancel your return flight? I would rather spend time in Paris.
In this case your return will be cancelled.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Of those who have booked these tickets on Expedia.com in the last 6-10 hours, have you gotten ticket numbers yet to display on Expedia.com?

I'm betting that it's just a display issue on Expedia.com's "My Itineraries" that has the display outdated and failing to show the ticket numbers and sometimes also the AF confirmation numbers (although both ticket numbers and confirmation numbers exist).

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 12, 2007 at 3:15 am
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
What happens if you have an aitalia coded flight, mileage wise, does DL or CO accept it at all?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpan
What happens if you have an aitalia coded flight, mileage wise, does DL or CO accept it at all?
I'd like to know the answer to that question and another, so that we can get to an understanding of how DL, NW and CO will treat:

1) Alitalia-operated but Air France-coded intra-Europe flights; and
2) Air France-operated but Alitalia-coded intra-Europe flights.

I'm just glad these are on AF ticket stock and not on AZ ticket stock.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Hotel research

Well, I decided to just let it rip & booked the 3* San Remo near the train station through the Orbitz $200-off deal. Came to $203.57 all-in for 5 nights, or just over $40/night, with the $25 cancellation policy. Tripadvisor reviews were favorable about the location and mixed overall (have to allow for a number of those being from people who paid a good bit more in high season).

There was also a place ominously named Fawlty Towers at 1* with $50 rooms ($108.79 all-in for 5 days with 200INTL), but it really got bad reviews.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:40 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Originally Posted by GUWonder
1) Alitalia-operated but Air France-coded intra-Europe flights; and
2) Air France-operated but Alitalia-coded intra-Europe flights.
It seems to be only the intra-europe legs that are affected.

Now I have to come up with a IAH JFK leg, and those seem to be rather blacked out on decent fares..
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I have the 45 minute CDG connect time too on the return. I booked before I knew about the 23 layover possibility and thought about rebooking. But with this tight connection, I will plan on an overnight stay Paris. It could be worse!
Old Sep 12, 2007, 4:23 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Of those who have booked these tickets on Expedia.com in the last 6-10 hours, have you gotten ticket numbers yet to display on Expedia.com?

I'm betting that it's just a display issue on Expedia.com's "My Itineraries" that has the display outdated and failing to show the ticket numbers and sometimes also the AF confirmation numbers (although both ticket numbers and confirmation numbers exist).
Yes! I have my ticket number starting with stock no. 057XXXXXXXXXX. Try it again. I booked it yesterday when I was in SFO and by the time I got here at IAD by 6AM, the ticket number is already in my itinerary. I was concerned too but it showed up somehow. When are you flying?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 4:36 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
$580 for 2 passenger - jumped in for mid march. Forgot to buy ticket for my 15 month old baby. Thought it would be free for a baby < 2 year old; just like flying within US. I am wrong, any suggestions, welcome....pls.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 4:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jestabillo
Yes! I have my ticket number starting with stock no. 057XXXXXXXXXX. Try it again. I booked it yesterday when I was in SFO and by the time I got here at IAD by 6AM, the ticket number is already in my itinerary. I was concerned too but it showed up somehow. When are you flying?
I am not flying on these tickets until early next year. So I'll just wait. Air France ticket numbers have been issued for my Expedia.com purchased trips but the "My Itineraries" page is not updating for me currently. When I go there, I get:

There is a problem updating this itinerary at this time. We will display the last updated version.

To view a current version of your itinerary, wait 5 minutes, go to My Itineraries and open your itinerary. If you receive this message again after waiting 5 minutes, please fill out our Itinerary Assistance Form and we will contact you within 24 hours.
If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-EXPEDIA (1-800-397-3342) or 1-404-728-8787. Refer to itinerary number XXXXXXXXXXXX.
I'm not concerned about it either way for now and will wait a few weeks before pursuing the matter.

My itineraries purchased on Expedia.com don't show ticket numbers on the airfrance.com online display either, but I know ticket numbers have been issued. I am not sure how normal that is at this point.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:02 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
I am not flying on these tickets until early next year. So I'll just wait. Air France ticket numbers have been issued for my Expedia.com purchased trips but the "My Itineraries" page is not updating for me currently. When I go there, I get:

I'm not concerned about it either way for now and will wait a few weeks before pursuing the matter.

My itineraries purchased on Expedia.com don't show ticket numbers on the airfrance.com online display either, but I know ticket numbers have been issued. I am not sure how normal that is at this point.
How do you know that AF ticket numbers have been issued if Expedia isn't telling you? Is there a way to check AF.com? Or did you see it there before it started failing to update (same here on that count, btw, but the itin will show on expedia if I click to it from my confirmation email).

peace,
~Ben~
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:08 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by kay_jay
$580 for 2 passenger - jumped in for mid march. Forgot to buy ticket for my 15 month old baby. Thought it would be free for a baby < 2 year old; just like flying within US. I am wrong, any suggestions, welcome....pls.
Leave em with teh grandparents and enjoy Rome! Bring your folks back a nice gift.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:10 am

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
I noticed the same thing. In case AF will not honor the booking, will expedia eventually cancel the reservation and do we get full refund?

BTW, does anyone know how good or how bad the parking situation in Italy be? Three of us are flying and renting a car is a lot cheaper (maybe since we haven't included the price of gas yet) than using the national eurorail pass. We will be there for 1 week and plan to visit Florence and Venice from Rome.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:19 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by kay_jay
Most airlines require a paper ticket for a <2 w/out a seat going internationally, and that paper ticket costs 10% of the fare that you paid (usually including the fuel surcharge), plus any taxes, and **can be bought the date of departure.** For this fare, that should be 0.1*170+109 = $126 .

With a jumbo fare like this, however, it's hard to say how AF might react - they *might* charge you 10% of the walk-up fare instead. If there's still availability, it might be worth the extra $150 to get baby a ticket. If you do that on the AF website, you have to fudge the baby's birthday to make him over 2 on the name entry screen ("mistype" the year), but you can enter the correct birthday on the passport information screen. This is what we did for our youngest child.

Or, as seoulmanjr pointed out, you can leave him with his doting grandparents...

(FWIW, though, we took our oldest to Italy, including Rome, when she was 5 months old, and had a FANTASTIC time with her there. Our youngest will be 16 months when we go on this fare.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.