Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] MSP/ABQ/LIT/IND/ATL/OKC/MKE-ACA $0+tax on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
Hyatt booked for 1/20-1/22

Expedia quote the Hyatt as sold out. Hyatt.com is still offering rooms but for $145 a night. It looks like the $71 is gone...

I'm going to also be there from 1/20 to 1/22... any other reasonably priced hotel suggestions?

Last edited by Karan97; Jan 3, 2006 at 10:09 pm Reason: meant to say $145.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
No love from hyatt in Feb.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:33 pm
Ken

Programs: Delta Silver
Does anyone have any info if it is possible to do a name change on these tix? My companion may not be able to go and I want to be armed with any info before I call AA. Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:50 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Name changes are not possible. It's either use it or lose it.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 2:46 pm

Humanoid and Rosebud,
We will be at the Hyatt Jan 15-17 too. Introduce yourself at the pool to me and eight of my extended cheesehead family (Mom, brothers, wives and nephew).

Thanks again OP! We're looking forward to it.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:14 pm

Thumbs up

in the weekend of 1/20-1/23, we have just booked club level rooms at the camino real acapulco diamante for $173/room. being that we get a two hour happy hour each day, i'm thinking they'll lose money on us

hope to catch some of y'all there--
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Ken
Does anyone have any info if it is possible to do a name change on these tix? My companion may not be able to go and I want to be armed with any info before I call AA. Thanks.
split the reservations so you don't get cancelled
Old Jan 14, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Back from ACA

I wanted to thank the OP for the great posting. Did enjoy the ACA trip. For those staying at the Hyatt, is an ok hotel, but not the greatest, so don't pay high rates for it.

AA upgrades me on my return flight ACA-ORD, got to love AA for it.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: Starwood/Bonvoy, Chase Sapphire Reserve
am still looking for a hotel...my wife and i are going march 28 and we do not want to be around the college spring break craziness. am looking at all my options including Zihuatanejo but most likely will stay in ACA. If I went the safe way and booked at the Hyatt...will it be spring break crazy there? or should i go to the older part of town? any suggestions?
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
departure tax question

Does anyone know the departure tax here in ACA? is that USDollars?

The incompetent fools at the Hyatt have given me 2 different amounts ($20/$26).. they are incompetent for many reasons.. but for the purposes of this thread.. I was curious how much US Cash to save for departure tax per person (four of us)

thanks
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:17 am
Kaz

Originally Posted by jbn8
am still looking for a hotel...my wife and i are going march 28 and we do not want to be around the college spring break craziness. am looking at all my options including Zihuatanejo but most likely will stay in ACA.
We´re in Zihuatanejo now, the bus from ACA is $12 or $22 for the ´luxury´ one (get the luxury one, less stops and more comfortable). The seats recline to nearly full, you can easily sleep the entire way.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:39 am

departure tax

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Does anyone know the departure tax here in ACA? is that USDollars?
I just came back from ACA flying on a non-zero fare, so take it with a grain of salt, perhaps. The departure tax was included in the price of the ticket. I believe this is standard practice for all airlines that fly into Mexico, and I flew AA anyway. The fare may have been zero, but you did pay the taxes. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
thanks for the info..

Originally Posted by mahleria
I just came back from ACA flying on a non-zero fare, so take it with a grain of salt, perhaps. The departure tax was included in the price of the ticket. I believe this is standard practice for all airlines that fly into Mexico, and I flew AA anyway. The fare may have been zero, but you did pay the taxes. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
Originally Posted by jbn8
am still looking for a hotel...my wife and i are going march 28 and we do not want to be around the college spring break craziness. am looking at all my options including Zihuatanejo but most likely will stay in ACA. If I went the safe way and booked at the Hyatt...will it be spring break crazy there? or should i go to the older part of town? any suggestions?
Nope I will only be there the week of the 12th so you should be fine.

Any other partyers going at this time? My friends and I are counting the days!
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:38 am

I am just back from the 13-16th. Had a great time... No problems with the flight at all. Everyone have a good time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.