[FARE GONE] MSP/ABQ/LIT/IND/ATL/OKC/MKE-ACA $0+tax on AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] MSP/ABQ/LIT/IND/ATL/OKC/MKE-ACA $0+tax on AA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by rajnyc
Any recomendations for starwood properties in ACA?
I was wondering the same thing. It looks like they don't have one in Acapulco, but how far (or difficult to get to) are other Mexican starwoods? I have stayed in some of their Luxury Collection hacienda's before and they are very nice and probably worth some extra effort if anything like that is relatively close by. I should be Platinum by next week so I would love to stay in some great places next year to see what kind of upgrades I can get.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Taxes refundable on 0$ ticket if cancelled ?

I also progressd from purchased to ticketed,
6-7 hours from booking.

I intend to use this ticket, as I wont be going to Osaka.

If something changes, though,
and I either cancel in advance or no-show this ticket,
does anybody know if I get the taxes back?
They make up a large percentage of the trip cost !

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:40 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by rgm18
my held tix r saying they r held till the 19th at 11pm, why did someone above say tix only hold till tmrw night?
Be very careful.

aa.com will hold reservations for more than 24 hours but the fare is only guaranteed for 24 hours.

If you're going to pull the trigger, do it sooner rather than later.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Will be very interested to see what people are able to book through Priceline or deep discounters. Am hoping there's at least some availability with that for March 28-April 1, but have already ordered the Lonely Planet book for some other ideas.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
I just got my email confirmation from AA! Several hours after booking, and the flight still shows up as "purchased" on the aa site....perhaps there's nothing to worry about?
Same for me too; e-mail with ticket numbers but still listed as purchased. Now its time to book a flight to ATL and a hotel around ACA.

Last edited by j3823x; Nov 17, 2005 at 12:13 am
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I think I'd wait a few days to book connecting flights and hotels, as some above have indicated they are ready to do. With a $0 fare basis, there's no telling what AA may do the next few days, much like the problems with Expedia taking a few days to sort out. If you haven't followed the Expedia thread, there is one poster there that bought $2,000 worth of airline tickets only to find his $3 hotel rate was not going to be honored. You don't want to be in a position of having several hundred dollars worth of hotel nights (nonrefundable if you're using priceline), only to find, in the end, you don't have airline tickets to get there. Give it a few days to see if anything changes.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
I think I'd wait a few days to book connecting flights and hotels, as some above have indicated they are ready to do. With a $0 fare basis, there's no telling what AA may do the next few days, much like the problems with Expedia taking a few days to sort out. If you haven't followed the Expedia thread, there is one poster there that bought $2,000 worth of airline tickets only to find his $3 hotel rate was not going to be honored. You don't want to be in a position of having several hundred dollars worth of hotel nights (nonrefundable if you're using priceline), only to find, in the end, you don't have airline tickets to get there. Give it a few days to see if anything changes.
I understand the advice to act cautiously given some other experiences (especially with Expedia), but I'm pretty comfortable with the belief that AA will honor these tickets, particularly the ones that were purchased on www.aa.com/. My own status has changed from "purchased" to "ticketed" and AA has sent me a confirmation e-mail. As such, I've already purchased non-refundable tickets to get to OKC and I don't expect AA to renege at this juncture.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:15 am

anyone still wanna go? you can have some of my held reservations!

hi, i have some reservations held from atl-aca that im not gonna use. in the past, i was able to do name changes on these, so it shouldnt be a problem this time. anyone who is interested in them, PM me and ill try to set it up so you can book them,

the reservations are for atl-aca
mar 14-21 --4 seats
mar 15-21 --4 seats

r
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I reserved late in the day and was able to "ticket" and then received the "purchased" sign during the night as well as the confirmation email.

Since fares to ATL are high (at least by my standards) and I have time so I can afford to wait for a sale to ATL... I'm not in any bind.. I've also booked the Hyatt down there too but that is cancellable so its really a no lose situation for me.

Should we start a list as to who is going down there and when????? If its anything like Fiji, there will be certain weekends that have a good number of FT'ers in ACA.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I hope y'all enjoy your trip!
ummm...okay.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
ummm...okay.
Fast start on renewing your platinum status for next year?
Old Nov 17, 2005, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
ummm...okay.
Sorry for the confusion.... I'll clarify for you....

"I hope y'all enjoy your trip!"

Is there still any confusion?
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Off to ACA in Freezing February.

Thank you, izzik! ^
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
sorry to ask again, but this is interesting, I think.

If cancelling a 0$ fare tickert, do you get all the taxes etc. refunded tyo your CC? I know that is the case with a FF ticket.

If so, that is an interesting "feature", i.e. 0$ fares are fully refundable.

Maybe it is obvious, but I had not appreciated this angle before. If anyone can enlighten, Thanks. @:-)
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:10 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I had reserved a ticket, LIT-ACA, for the weekend of 1/20-22. I put it on hold yesterday and purchased it tonight. It went through without a problem.

Any other FT'ers interested in getting together that weekend?

Greg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.