Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glewin
Just put mine on hold

$105.05 each

ATL - DFW - ACA FEB 10
ACA - DFW - ATL FEB 13

Taking the family so if I don't find any cheap ticket to ATL am driving from DC.
Better make sure your family is up for the drive.

It's hard to let "zero" fares go, but sometimes if you don't live near the origination city, they don't make much sense (especially if you only have a couple of days).
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I tried the ITA 30-day grid and the price was showing for even longer durations, but only for Jan/Feb/March. Did ticketing through cheaptickets.com.

I got ATL-ACA March 28 (AA 689/1159, DFW connection)
and ACA-ATL April 1 (AA 2478/310, DFW connection)

Totaled at $79.96 all in (said it had found a "lower fare" somehow)

Charged it but e-ticketed it, which may have been a mistake. (Was too cheap to pay the extra $50). But I'm lukewarm on going to ACA and don't have many miles or any status on AA. Got the conf code but not the ticket number, so dunno if I'll make it.

Good find, though. For once I was able to act on one of these things.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: Starwood/Bonvoy, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I just booked 2 tickets BUT I want to cancel and get 2 different tickets with different dates...can I get a refund?
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by jbn8
I just booked 2 tickets BUT I want to cancel and get 2 different tickets with different dates...can I get a refund?
If you booked on AA.com, then call AA.com web support and ask them to cancel the reservation before it goes from purchased to ticketed. Once it goes to ticketed, you're stuck.

Mike
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I think AA.com has fixed the problem... it keeps giving me a "no longer available" message.

Which is a good thing I guess... I have no idea how I would've gotten myself to ABQ.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I could use this side trip and just jump off in Chicago one-way or another, but the taxes on this are rather steep. Too bad it's not a purely "domestic" US trip.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:24 am

Looks like its gone. Probably to someone who called in.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:26 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Still seems to be going....
I could buy Feb 3-13 OKC-ACA right now
got as far as the "purchase" button, no problem

but I dont want to be greedy
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Still there for me. I put one on hold, just to see if it would take it. Interestingly, it says:

ON HOLD - Purchase By:
11/19/2005 11:00 PM EST

Do different rules apply for Mexico tickets, giving you longer than the normal midnight next day (CST) hold time?
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Still seems to be going....
I could buy Feb 3-13 OKC-ACA right now
got as far as the "purchase" button, no problem

but I dont want to be greedy
Has anyone gotten an email confirmation? After the Expedia debacle I am gun shy.

I got 2 tickets ATL ACA Jan 11-15.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Woo-hoo! Got my ticket number now. Total airfare: $76.97 (incl. taxes), service fee 2.99 on cheaptickets.com.

Checked ITA again and 5-dayers were showing for 3/1,2,22,27 originations out of ATL. Also 4-dayers 3/2,4,28.

Had tried to book my earlier itin on AA.com and the price showed but it said fare had changed when I tried to buy. Also got that for one attempt on cheaptickets, but second attempt worked and even beat the $105.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:35 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Looks like Cheaptickets still has it going.. and apparently the return dates can be later in the week. I'll modify the original post.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:35 am

just waiting for someone to bring up the question, "do you think they'll honor these fares...?" Then the legal jargon and contracts verbage is re-introduced by someone, followed by someone else complaining about not getting an operational upgrade on their free flight. The life of a price-mistake thread is fun to watch from the sidelines.

Last edited by DBCme; Nov 16, 2005 at 11:40 am Reason: modified text
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:37 am

It's still there, keep trying. But don't call in. Contrary to our experiences with Expedia, this is not a deal we should be calling in to confirm yet...

Keep in mind that the dates you're trying may also just be full flights. The computer has to find availability first before it can give you a fare.

And no calls please!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 11:37 am

booked mke-aca for a weekend in january!

finally getting in on an airfare mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.