Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
2019!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.
  • This is not a how to book a fare thread.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...rs-2019-a.html
”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2018
”Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2016
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2020 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

Good Deals” in Economy Class - Excellent Fares Between Certain City Pairs - 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Use Flighthub. Neither Expedia (changes all segments to same date) or Orbitz (error on payment) work. Flights must be within a couple weeks of each other. But Flighthub charges $75 to cancel within 24 hours, so need to be sure before paying. Also, Westjet says it will now cancel flights for 30 days from March 23rd.

$40 more from Calgary:

Confirmed this actually worked.

Booked 4x DEN-LGW for $334 total.
Issued on 1 ticket

Kind of amazed actually. Now need to figure out what to do every weekend in London
Old May 21, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Confirmed this actually worked.

Booked 4x DEN-LGW for $334 total.
Issued on 1 ticket

Kind of amazed actually. Now need to figure out what to do every weekend in London
I remember seeing this from YVR and trying it myself, got it down to 2 trips I think. But even then I wasn't sure what the hell I'd do with it. London is crazy expensive, one way INTL flights are crazy expensive and even booking 1 way awards from LON-YVR would be kinda stupid just based on the fact that I'd probably have to be in Y and make at LEAST one connection.

Can I ask, what's your plan for the return flights every couple of weeks?
Old May 21, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I remember seeing this from YVR and trying it myself, got it down to 2 trips I think. But even then I wasn't sure what the hell I'd do with it. London is crazy expensive, one way INTL flights are crazy expensive and even booking 1 way awards from LON-YVR would be kinda stupid just based on the fact that I'd probably have to be in Y and make at LEAST one connection.

Can I ask, what's your plan for the return flights every couple of weeks?
In this case, I feel I probably should have thought this through more. I ended up cancelling for a $75 penalty for a couple reasons:

1. Like you said, it's ridiculously hard to use unless you find insanely cheap return flights which don't exactly exist at the moment.
2. TAP is regularly running fares of $109 from SFO to Europe one way, which would fit my schedule much better and use my *G benefits.

I think I was mostly intrigued you could have multiple identical flights on the same ticket; I didn't think that was allowed so it was a learning experience for future tricks
Old May 22, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
In this case, I feel I probably should have thought this through more. I ended up cancelling for a $75 penalty for a couple reasons:

1. Like you said, it's ridiculously hard to use unless you find insanely cheap return flights which don't exactly exist at the moment.
2. TAP is regularly running fares of $109 from SFO to Europe one way, which would fit my schedule much better and use my *G benefits.

I think I was mostly intrigued you could have multiple identical flights on the same ticket; I didn't think that was allowed so it was a learning experience for future tricks
Fair enough. The new TP service to SFO is a nice addition to the network. Being in YVR it's not too bad from SFO but it adds to the complications.

I wasn't sure how this was possible on one ticket either, but hey, I'm always down to explore a good deal. I tried, couldn't make anything work for me, hopefully some can avail themselves of this.
Old May 23, 2020, 11:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
DTW to CUN for mid 550s in J class throughout the end of the calendar year. You can also find some fares for 150-200 usd in basic economy as well.

Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:38 am

flyairnorth.com

YVR-YXY
YXY-YVR

$99CDN each way
Juy 4 - Sept. 1
Except Mondays & Fridays
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by tracon
flyairnorth.com

YVR-YXY
YXY-YVR

$99CDN each way
Juy 4 - Sept. 1
Except Mondays & Fridays
Might be worth going up to Whitehorse for the first time if stuff is open.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:57 am

https://www.whitehorsestar.com/News/...-on-canada-day
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
DTW to JFK for 40 USD RT on B6

Exactly how it reads and can be used in reverse. Dates span from second week of September through end of February. Black dates are around Thanksgiving and a bit before Christmas and through New Years.
BThumme likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 9:06 am
Suspended

Alaska Airlines "Get the row with BOGO" until Aug 9

From the alaska airlines website:

Book with peace of mind.

For a limited time, when you book a flight, you can get a second ticket on the same flight for just the taxes and fees.*

It’s simple - buy one coach class ticket for travel through October 31, 2020, anywhere Alaska Airlines flies, and get one ticket on the same flight for just the taxes and fees. Plus, with middle seats blocked, you could get the whole row to yourselves.

Masks are required, there are no change fees for tickets booked through September 8, 20204, and with our enhanced cleaning you’ll have more room to breathe, and less room to worry.

Shop quick! This deal ends at 11:59 pm PT on August 9, 2020.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/discount-code/get-the-row-bogo?int=AS_HomePage_Hero||20200807_FALL_BOGO|-prodIDiscountCode
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Edit: Deleted

Last edited by rubey419; Aug 31, 2020 at 12:52 pm Reason: double post
Old Aug 31, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriot Ambassador ; Delta Diamond ; Avis President's Club ; National Exec Elite
Jetblue $41 (rt) RDU-FLL in basic economy. Lots of availability in October with a few dates in September. Also seeing Spirit for $35....although would rather fly JB!

Jetblue is waiving change/cancel fees for all trips booked by October 15.

Old Sep 5, 2020, 1:17 am

AA has some decent fares to the caribbean in October/November.

For example, MSP-SXM on AA from $256 (Basic Economy). I booked it in main cabin for $324. Works out to be 5.6cpm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.