Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

  Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 2, 16, 2:14 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Happy 2016!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:
  • When posting 'Good deals' fares: please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices.
  • Note that you can subscribe to this thread: go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
  • This is not a fare request thread. Any fare requests will be deleted.

Previous 'Good Deals' in Economy threads:

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2015
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2013
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2012
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2011
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Happy travels throughout 2016 to all!

Pat89339 and the Mileage Run Moderators
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23, 15, 4:33 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 21,293
"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - *2016*

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA/UA: DTW <-> upstate New York (ALB/BUF/ITH/ROC/SYR) for $70-$80 one way. Seems to be valid for travel starting around 1/12/16, good for the first several months of the year. Routes via PHL on AA, and via EWR/IAD on UA.

Not really a mileage run, but maybe a segment run for some. And definitely a low one-way fare, especially for little ITH.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Dec 23, 15, 9:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: west coast best coast
Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Posts: 3,175
Yay 2016!

Spirit: SEA-LAX and LAS $49 one way and vv starting Apr
keitherson is offline  
Old Dec 23, 15, 10:41 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tumi
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 406
CLT to YVR on UA/AA for 320 RT. Available on DL for 420.
greycap7 is offline  
Old Dec 23, 15, 11:50 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,571
DL has LAX-DXB available through ATL both ways for a good number of dates in January for $667.80. 19,048 MQM at 3.5cpm. Runs through early February, at which point I assume ATL-DXB comes off the calendar. Biz appears to be wide-open on most dates, so could be a good way to use GUCs (especially since the return is blocked at just over 17 hours!)
steveholt is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 12:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Tumi
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 406
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
DL has LAX-DXB available through ATL both ways for a good number of dates in January for $667.80. 19,048 MQM at 3.5cpm. Runs through early February, at which point I assume ATL-DXB comes off the calendar. Biz appears to be wide-open on most dates, so could be a good way to use GUCs (especially since the return is blocked at just over 17 hours!)
Any way you could originate that on the East Coast for a weekend MR? I fly out of CLT. But even trying BOS on Google Flights, you get something for 630, but with an awful overnight layover in Beirut.
greycap7 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 2:03 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 60137
Posts: 10,327
Originally Posted by keitherson View Post
Yay 2016!

Spirit: SEA-LAX and LAS $49 one way and vv starting Apr
Cheaper @ any Spirit airport counter.
sonofzeus is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 2:21 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 836
Originally Posted by sonofzeus View Post
Cheaper @ any Spirit airport counter.
O, I don't know that..... about how much at the counter?
philosophy_king is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 4:10 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 60137
Posts: 10,327
Originally Posted by philosophy_king View Post
O, I don't know that..... about how much at the counter?
About $17 per segment.
sonofzeus is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 9:39 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,571
Originally Posted by greycap7 View Post
Any way you could originate that on the East Coast for a weekend MR? I fly out of CLT. But even trying BOS on Google Flights, you get something for 630, but with an awful overnight layover in Beirut.
Availability for that fare seems to be with a five-day minimum between outbound and return, but you can fly most any DL East Coast city (eg BOS-ATL-DXB, JFK-ATL-DXB)
steveholt is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 1:47 pm
  #10  
Used to be highman123
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,616
Bangkok (BKK) to Manila (MNL) $107 RT on CEBU Pacific 3.9 CPM

https://www.kayak.com/flights/BKK-MN...-10/2016-03-14
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 1:55 pm
  #11  
Used to be highman123
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,616
Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) $436 RT on Malaysia Airlines 3.1 CPM

Books into Q so just 25% miles on the Malaysia program.

A380 is gone LHR only so 777 this is but it's direct and a decent airline.

http://www.momondo.com/flightsearch/...false&NA=false
MightyTravels is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 6:33 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Posts: 225
wow 2016 already!! time fly by.
oh101 is offline  
Old Dec 24, 15, 8:59 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 40
Too many great deals, but too little holiday.
I have fully booked for 2016 already.
myamex is offline  
Old Dec 25, 15, 8:25 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,561
Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA/UA: DTW <-> upstate New York (ALB/BUF/ITH/ROC/SYR) for $70-$80 one way. Seems to be valid for travel starting around 1/12/16, good for the first several months of the year. Routes via PHL on AA, and via EWR/IAD on UA.

Not really a mileage run, but maybe a segment run for some. And definitely a low one-way fare, especially for little ITH.
To see ITH (Ithaca NY, right?) is a real eye opener, because that used to be impossibly expensive in the not so distant past. Shame I don't need it anymore. Could be handy for those currently at Cornell University!
Concerto is offline  
Old Dec 25, 15, 7:17 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northfield, MN (MSP)
Programs: UA
Posts: 381
UA: DTW/MSP/ATL-SYD/MEL, $1085-ish ai

UA: DTW/MSP/ATL-SYD/MEL, $1085-ish ai

Very decent fare from some of the Delta hubs (but not all -- SLC doesn't seem to be included) to Down Under. Availability from Feb. to June. 7 day minimum stay kills it as a pure-MR, and cpm is around 5.5-6cpm in any case.

Last edited by freezefactor; Dec 25, 15 at 7:17 pm Reason: added fare details from post title in main body as well.
freezefactor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread