FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1851332-ua-usa-china-oj-303-ai.html)

mpiotrow Jul 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by FaBSy (Post 28606182)
I just realized how bad Economy Basic actually is...So not being a Star Alliance Gold member could mean that I might end up in middle seat for ~50h flight and I can't even take anything with me (only a very small bag where I might get a deo in it :) )

Are you actually booked in an N fare? The fares I've been looking at are mostly G fares (and one of them is $282 round trip, so it's clearly not all price related). Maybe you've found other flights where it's all booked in N, though? What is your routing, dates, etc?

Kmxu Jul 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by FaBSy (Post 28606182)
I just realized how bad basic economy actually is..is this trip in basic economy?.So not being a Star Alliance Gold member could mean that I might end up in middle seat for ~50h flight and I can't even take anything with me (only a very small bag where I might get a deo in it :) )

I hope that OP meant to say "regular" economy. The basic economy fare does not earn you PQM, PQS, PQD, and life-time miles. There is no reason to do MR with "N" fare (United's booking code for "basic economy").
Cheers.

pushmyredbutton Jul 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu (Post 28606232)
I hope that OP meant to say "regular" economy. The basic economy fare does not earn you PQM, PQS, PQD, and life-time miles. There is no reason to do MR with "N" fare (United's booking code for "basic economy").
Cheers.

And for now, basic economy doesn't exist on Int'l itineraries. None of the legs here are basic economy thankfully.

FaBSy Jul 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Edited less words:

united airlines premier status match challenge :
premier platinum 18.000 pqm in 90 days.
Looks like one trip is enough.
Too bad positioning to that run is expensive from europe :)

Rojo Jul 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme (Post 28603936)
It took several days for my reservation to get confirmed on Dragonair. I'm now able to access it. Unfortunately, Dragonair doesn't allow seats to be selected. So, it's not all that useful except to know that the reservation is there.

The Record Locator for CX/KA flights booked on UA website is provided in the confirmation page or when you access your booking via United.com

I was able to access my CX booking and added my AAdvantage number to it. I will not get any miles but I will be able to access The Pier and get a massage and a nice dinner before my flight to HGH

mpiotrow Jul 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by FaBSy (Post 28606839)
Ok, great. For us none resident american the best I guess would be doing challenge then if applicable?
Around 21k miles for premier if I recall correctly if the positioning from europe wouldn't be so expensive :(

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. Something lost in translation, maybe? Can you try rewording it again, please? Or, does anyone else understand what he means?

cagcag Jul 26, 2017 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Rojo (Post 28606889)
The Record Locator for CX/KA flights booked on UA website is provided in the confirmation page or when you access your booking via United.com

I was able to access my CX booking and added my AAdvantage number to it. I will not get any miles but I will be able to access The Pier and get a massage and a nice dinner before my flight to HGH

Will AADVANTAGE GOLD give me access to oneWorld CX lounge?

edsh Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 28609047)

AA Gold is One World Ruby so not high enough status for admittance.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

Quinlanty Jul 26, 2017 10:27 am

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 28609047)

Add your dates to the wiki up top and someone might be able to guest you in.

Tblack15 Jul 26, 2017 11:46 am

Has anyone been able to make NYE dates work? Lowest I've gotten is $550 from PHL/EWR.

deltame Jul 26, 2017 1:06 pm

I have an 11 hour connection at HKG; not sure if it would be wise to get an airport hotel or just hang out in the lounge area etc.
​​​​​​

carlitos Jul 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by edsh (Post 28609760)
AA Gold is One World Ruby so not high enough status for admittance.

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...dmittance.html

Won t get into The Pier like rojo, but at least I get into the Business Class Lounge as an AA Plat :rolleyes:

cagcag Jul 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ft2010 (Post 28611186)
I have an 11 hour connection at HKG; not sure if it would be wise to get an airport hotel or just hang out in the lounge area etc.
​​​​​​

I'm in the same situation. I have overnighted in HKG before and will do it again twice on my September 2017 itineraries

cyberUAL Jul 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 28612473)
I'm in the same situation. I have overnighted in HKG before and will do it again twice on my September 2017 itineraries

i am in the same boat as well. Thinking of going out to the city. Grab a late dinner. Come back to the lounge and wait there.

swingaling Jul 27, 2017 11:23 am

Any concern about transiting in China, specifically with respect to delays/cancellations? I know HGH was infamous for delays in the past, but perhaps that's changed.