FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1851332-ua-usa-china-oj-303-ai.html)

p78 Jul 14, 2017 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Quinlanty (Post 28558143)
Anyone know how far the Cathay Dragon gates are from the CX lounges, especially interested in the amazing Pier or Wing lounges? TIA

Also, I posted my dates a few posts above. I can guest 1 person into the Pier/Wing lounge for the Cathay Dragon flight if anyone is interested.

far away in satellite building which require bus transfer....

Quinlanty Jul 14, 2017 11:10 am

Originally Posted by p78 (Post 28560468)
far away in satellite building which require bus transfer....

:( Thanks for the quick reply. Guess there goes my lounge plan. Any lounge in the satellite building?

llihlopf Jul 14, 2017 11:43 am

Originally Posted by FamTaYul (Post 28560372)
The TransPacifics to Hong Kong with immediate connections of this deal are too exhausting for me.

I’ve tried many combinations on Matrix but it seems that Hong Kong is the only way “in” where stopovers are not permitted and connections are too short.

I'm looking for a “leg” from the US West Coast to Asia where I could stop (> 12h.) and sleep before going on.

Is there ANY another way “in” than Hong Kong?

My dates/routing are flexible. I'm near YUL, planning to start at BTV.

Any idea, anyone? Thanks in advance.

I ticketed something similar to this but you could play with it to suit: https://goo.gl/c82U2L

Exiled in Express Jul 14, 2017 12:34 pm

The TransPacifics to Hong Kong with immediate connections of this deal are too exhausting for me.

I’ve tried many combinations on Matrix but it seems that Hong Kong is the only way “in” where stopovers are not permitted and connections are too short.

I'm looking for a “leg” from the US West Coast to Asia where I could stop (> 12h.) and sleep before going on.

Playing around with this a little more with 2018 dates I found than CAN is available as a destination with either a one hour or overnight connection in HKG. It is 85 miles and blocked as a one hour flight.

cagcag Jul 14, 2017 2:44 pm

There is a DragonAir departure from HKG-HGH at 16:00 allowing for about 20 hour layover--enough time to leave hotel into City for a decent amount of time for sleep. Safe travels!

sevendagrussla Jul 15, 2017 2:16 pm

What are the exact dates you are using for Turkey day weekend?

sevendagrussla Jul 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ejmelton (Post 28538594)
Thanks to all of the FTers that shared Google Flights!

I was able to find ORD-HKG-HGH-ORD-YUL over the Thanksgiving holiday for $313. Over 17k BIS miles (1.8 cents per mile.)

What dates are you using for Turkey Day weekend?

sevendagrussla Jul 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express (Post 28557453)
In for a vacation, already have the unlimited admission visa. I was able to ticket a return WUH-NRT-SEA-YVR with an ORD departure for $302.

Which dates did you use may I ask?

cagcag Jul 15, 2017 7:07 pm

YYZ to HGH via HNL, GUM, and HKG for $288 US

https://www.google.com/flights/?sour...OW0UA4020;eo=e

Still available select Fridays in Sept 2017 via HNL, GUM, and HKG returning on Mondays. Can make a layover in HKG for about 23 hours, if desired. IAD to YOW via EWR.

Safe travels.

Exiled in Express Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by sevendagrussla (Post 28564445)
Which dates did you use may I ask?

APR18 ORD-HGH
APR30 WUH-YVR

WUH was available on most 2018 SAT/SUN departures I had checked.

HarbourGent Jul 17, 2017 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Quinlanty (Post 28560496)
:( Thanks for the quick reply. Guess there goes my lounge plan. Any lounge in the satellite building?

No.
​​​​​​​

SethC Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express (Post 28568438)
APR18 ORD-HGH
APR30 WUH-YVR

WUH was available on most 2018 SAT/SUN departures I had checked.

So many people flying out of Wuhan! If anyone needs advice, or wants to grab a beer, let me know. That's where I live 8-10 months out of the year. Can tell you absolutely anything you want to know about the city.

V9 Jul 18, 2017 6:24 pm

HKG Connection

If I miss the HKG-HGH flight the night coming to HKG due to late arrival of the UA TPAC flight, will UA change that leg to the next day?

keitherson Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

If you miss a connection and it's not your fault, on one ticket, yes they would re-accommodate you. If it's UA's fault, they are obligated to get you back on other carriers in addition to their own, and provide hotel/food/etc. If it's not their fault, they may just have you waitlisted or confirmed for the next flight.

gba Jul 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Does anybody have experience doing TWOV flying into HGH and out of PVG? As I read TIMATIC this should be allowed:

[KVS Tool 8.4.7/Diamond - TIMATIC: Visa/Entry Requirements]
Code:

National USA (US)              /Embarkation USA (US)
Transit China (People's Rep.) (CN)
Destination Japan (JP)         
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

[Visa Information - Transit] China (People's Rep.) (CN)

[Information For Normal Passports]
TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Nationals of USA holding confirmed
onward air, cruise or train tickets to a third country,
arriving and departing from any one of the following
locations: Hangzhou (HGH), Nanjing Lukou (NKG), Shanghai
Hongqiao (SHA) or Shanghai Pudong (PVG) for a maximum of 144
hours, starting from 00:01 on the day following the day of
entry. (SEE NOTE 75232)