FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1851332-ua-usa-china-oj-303-ai.html)

1KChinito Jul 11, 2017 11:57 am

Originally Posted by kemichu (Post 28547170)
been trying to find some dates in the first 2 weeks of october, but i must be doing something wrong since its all coming up as over 1k

Can someone give me a hand?
Looking for EWR to HKG (stop 3-4days) then routing back through EWR, which then i will skip the last leg

In addition to Toronto1970's answer, fewer more desirable options are available now at the lowest fare (G fare bucket). For PVG to SFO, 12:30 am non-stop flight has fewer availability. Search result for lowest fare often gives you PVG-LAX then LAX-SFO instead.

spuhz Jul 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by kemichu (Post 28547170)
been trying to find some dates in the first 2 weeks of october, but i must be doing something wrong since its all coming up as over 1k

Can someone give me a hand?
Looking for EWR to HKG (stop 3-4days) then routing back through EWR, which then i will skip the last leg

You would have to find a way from China to HKG and then HKG to China.

Quinlanty Jul 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Have a couple booked. Anyone else going these dates?

August 3-7 ORD-HGH/PVG-ORD
September 14-18 SFO-HGH/PVG-SFO
November 3-7 BOS-HGH-ORD

erbster31 Jul 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Any weekend-ish combinations flying out-of into EWR and surrounding airports in 2017? I tried in vain. Looking to leave Friday, come back Monday.

Kmxu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm

You will have to arrive at HGH and depart from PVG (12:30am, UA890). One night of hotel stay is required, either at HKG or HGH. Just use some of the google flight links on this thread. You may use YUL, YOW, YYZ or YQB as your final destination. Good luck.

Exiled in Express Jul 13, 2017 3:50 pm

In for a vacation, already have the unlimited admission visa. I was able to ticket a return WUH-NRT-SEA-YVR with an ORD departure for $302.

rz52lper Jul 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Greetings All,

As star alliance gold, can I use any lounge access next morning when I fly out HKG to HGH with Dragon Air? Your input and time is greatly appreciated!

EmailKid Jul 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by rz52lper (Post 28557671)

As star alliance gold, can I use any lounge access next morning when I fly out HKG to HGH with Dragon Air?

No.

Toronto1970 Jul 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 28557782)
No.

If you have *G through UA, and you flew in on a UA flight, I think you will have access to the UA Lounge. It may be a hike to the Cathay Dragon gates though. (Side note: should we set up a betting pool on how long United IT is going to take to change DragonAir to Cathay Dragon on itineraries).

(Edit: oops - I just realized you said "next morning". You can officially only use the UA lounge if you flew in on United that day. So "no" is indeed the correct answer)

rz52lper Jul 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback!

Quinlanty Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Anyone know how far the Cathay Dragon gates are from the CX lounges, especially interested in the amazing Pier or Wing lounges? TIA

Also, I posted my dates a few posts above. I can guest 1 person into the Pier/Wing lounge for the Cathay Dragon flight if anyone is interested.

hin Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Question: Can I request picking up my check-in luggage in Hong Kong Airport?
My flight is SFO-HKG/HKG-HGH with one hour transfer in Hong Kong:(

shek3112 Jul 14, 2017 2:53 am

Originally Posted by hin (Post 28558555)

Yes u can (if the check-in agent is willing to help) but you are forfeiting the HKG-HGH and the return flights...

1KChinito Jul 14, 2017 8:16 am

Originally Posted by hin (Post 28558555)

Can you change your HKG-HGH segment to the following day? When you check in at SFO, ask CSA if you can short check your bag to HKG since you are over night in HKG.

FamTaYul Jul 14, 2017 10:35 am

The TransPacifics to Hong Kong with immediate connections of this deal are too exhausting for me.

I’ve tried many combinations on Matrix but it seems that Hong Kong is the only way “in” where stopovers are not permitted and connections are too short.

I'm looking for a “leg” from the US West Coast to Asia where I could stop (> 12h.) and sleep before going on.

Is there ANY another way “in” than Hong Kong?

My dates/routing are flexible. I'm near YUL, planning to start at BTV.

Any idea, anyone? Thanks in advance.