Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Ek mle-nyc 101 ow / 141 rt

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA
Just got the Orbitz cancellation notice. bummer.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Ouch..not good news. I am not sure what the latest is on DOT rules but I thought having tickets issued protected us from such action.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Not that surprising... EK usually does NOT honor error fares.

Good luck with the refunds
Old May 18, 2017, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
Ouch..not good news. I am not sure what the latest is on DOT rules but I thought having tickets issued protected us from such action.
I believe there was a recent change regarding that that was more favorable to the airlines.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
@TYMoon - why would refunds be a problem?
Old May 18, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
They are still are not enforcing on obvious mistakes.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by jinxeddeep
me three...booked MLE-NYC before I found out that MLE-DTW (hometown) was just $10 more. Now I am sitting on both tickets from EK direct so no way of canceling one. If they honor it I don't mind losing out on $100 but the fare conditions stated that cancellations and no shows will be charged something around $130 I believe...can anyone confirm if this will be the case? ....
Can you just book a DTW-NYC return to position yourself (i.e. a neat little weekend?)
Old May 18, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
@TYMoon - why would refunds be a problem?
Because they are not refundable tickets. When EK canceled my flights they changed the coupon status from "OPEN" to "SUSP" which means the OTA can't automatically void or refund them.
I have a friend who is a travel agent who issued some of these and EK put a note in the records not to open up the tickets for refund, but to only allow reissued tickets for $1800.00. They eventually opened the tickets, but it was't an easy conversation. Just mentioning this to make clear EK is aware of the fare and is not honoring it.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL,EK
Originally Posted by aglp2k
Any recommendation for a in town hotel?
I stayed at the Kai Lodge but it was about 10 years ago. It was a 3-star place and was plenty nice enough (I am not a Fairmont/Hyatt traveller).
Old May 18, 2017, 4:28 pm

I booked directly through Emirates.com and mine is still intact... weird they would cancel Orbitz tickets before their own.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by mcdevit
My 2 tickets were cancelled just a few minutes ago. The notation in the GDS was: FARE LISTED IN ERROR-BKG CANCELLED-REBOOK AT
APPLICABLE FARE.
I was able to have the tickets voided out within the 24 hour cancellation period.
If someone is on the fence about actually using these it might be best to cancel today rather than wait until its too late to have tickets voided.
What do you mean? I would think that if they cancel the tickets they would refund the money. You think it might be given back as a credit towards a future flight or something similar?
Old May 18, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
I too booked directly with Emirates...nothing yet. Eticket issued couple minutes after I booked last night. CC still pending.

I'm still within 24 hrs. Should I cancel since some are saying there may be issues with refunds directly from EK since it's non-ref? Would CSR somehow protect me if they don't refund?

Still holding out that for some reason they would honor those who booked directly with them...odd they haven't cancelled yet.

I wonder if heads roll when these things happen @ the HQ office. lol.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I booked directly through Emirates.com and mine is still intact... weird they would cancel Orbitz tickets before their own.
Agreed. And I'm in the same boat.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:35 pm

my Expedia ticket is still valid.

I may cancel anyway as I can't seem to find any cheap positioning flight
Old May 18, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by ga8riel
I too booked directly with Emirates...nothing yet. Eticket issued couple minutes after I booked last night. CC still pending.

I'm still within 24 hrs. Should I cancel since some are saying there may be issues with refunds directly from EK since it's non-ref? Would CSR somehow protect me if they don't refund?

Still holding out that for some reason they would honor those who booked directly with them...odd they haven't cancelled yet.

I wonder if heads roll when these things happen @ the HQ office. lol.
If you want to go...don't cancel.

If you booked with EK, you should have a PDF file attached to your confirmation with a ticket number....so you're good to go.

In the unlikely event that EK still cancels on you and fails to refund, just file a dispute with your credit card issuer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.