Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: Ewr-iah-pos $300 (3.7cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Looks like a pretty empty flight, too. Well, unless they haven't scrubbed the flight and given away E+ seats to those without seat assignments. Trust you're upgrade learned, too.
My upgrade did clear, 96 hours ahead, in fact - 2A. Having already eaten, I wanted to try to sleep on the flight. Seat 2B had other ideas for me since after dinner, he loudly sniffed and cleared his throat while attempting to sleep the entire remainder of the flight. Even my noise-cancelling headphones did nothing. I might have gotten 1.5 hours sleep.

I agree with all the other posters on here - if you do this turnaround, being first off is key. I was the first person in immigration, and my agent did not understand at all why I was immediately returning to the US. A supervisor was called, and then someone else on the phone was called. I was probably there ten minutes before they let me go. By that time there was a very long line of people behind me.

I ended up going through customs rather than taking the escalator back up to security - this only added about five minutes.

I was in the gate area about 45 minutes before boarding started. So plenty of time to spare...

POS-IAH was delayed when we returned to the gate for weight/balance issues, and then we flew an hour longer than normal due to weather in IAH. Lots of delays in IAH yesterday. My connecting flight to DCA was delayed 2.5 hours due to MX, so I had plenty of time, although this was through several 15-minute delays at a time.

I had very few issues on MRs in 2014 - I'm hoping that my experience yesterday will not be the norm this year.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by cvaugust
Hi Anyone planning this MR - 345 RT ?

IAH 1:14 PM- POS Arrival 8:40 PM on the 26th and back out the next day

POS - 7:39 - IAH 11:49 AM

has anyone crashed overnite in the terminal - Any security issues/challenges ?

Would love company if anyone is making this run

thanks
I thought IAH wasn't eligible for this deal? I need to go next February and am wondering if I should wait for a deal or if $445 is as low as it goes from IAH.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Doing my MR to POS (Port-of-Spain, Trinidad) next week. (A year or two late, I know.) But with a GPU to burn, and available R-inventory, couldn't resist.

Does anyone recall if Wi-Fi is available airside? Reading through the reports, I can't quite figure it out. Seems it's available landside, by the restaurant/bar area.

UPDATE: Was scheduled to fly Sat 22 Jan 8am out of DCA...WX is not cooperating. Called UA 1K desk, they had no problem cancelling my trip, even before any flights were canceled. Overall good result, but missing out on adding POS to my list. And 6k PQM.

Last edited by wh6cto; Jan 22, 2016 at 1:37 am Reason: Canceled due to Winter Storm Jonas/Blizzard
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Completely agree on Tabago

Originally Posted by WingnutSYD
Depending on your arrival and departure times, I highly recommend jumping on a flight over to Tobago. It's much quieter and nicer, and there are some quite pleasant and reasonable accommodation options. Depending on your level of adventurousness, it could work out cheaper too. PM me if interested in details.

I completely agree on Tobago. There are hotels right across from the airport. You'd think they would be terrible, but you go through the gate and there is an incredible beach. Even the inexpensive ones have great beaches. If you come on a weekend, and someone says "Are you going to Sunday school?" Definitely go. It is one huge party.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:11 am

Is anyone doing this MR next month? I'm doing EWR(9am) to IAH and then 1:10pm to POS Feb 21. Returning on the 22nd from POS @9am so I have a little over 12 hours in POS.

Crashing overnight in the terminal, so also wondering if anyone has done this recently?
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.