UA: Ewr-iah-pos $300 (3.7cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: Ewr-iah-pos $300 (3.7cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by TravisSC
Thought I'd bump this thread and see if anyone else out there is crazy enough to be doing an overnight on either Sept 13-14 or 20-21. If so, shoot me a PM and maybe we can share a meal.
Ha ha ha

I have same day turn...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I'm going 9/26 - 9/27
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
I'm in for EWR-POS-IAH-POS, short turnaround for 9/19-20 and 9/26-27.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by anandrag
Planning to do this late Oct. Did you get the low $295 fate on UA for Sep? Now lowest is $370 which is still decent CPM
Worked out $303.50 all-in for me through ORD and IAH. Haven't had a "sleep in the airport" trip in a while so we'll see how they go.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by TravisSC
Worked out $303.50 all-in for me through ORD and IAH. Haven't had a "sleep in the airport" trip in a while so we'll see how they go.
You going through ORD and IAH both ways?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
AA is undercutting them - ~ $345
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:55 am

You going through ORD and IAH both ways?
Both on the way out, only IAH on the way back.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:10 am

Howdy from POS!

I deccided to change my ticket to a turn instead of spending 25 hours in Tobago since Caribbean Airlines didn't confirm my ticket for this weekend.

At least I got upgraded in both directions (EWR-POS-IAH).
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Howdy from POS!

I deccided to change my ticket to a turn instead of spending 25 hours in Tobago since Caribbean Airlines didn't confirm my ticket for this weekend.

At least I got upgraded in both directions (EWR-POS-IAH).
So you took the 1159 pm from EWR and 630 am back? How is it? How was layover at POS? Thinking of doing this late Oct
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:58 pm

So you took the 1159 pm from EWR and 630 am back? How is it? How was layover at POS? Thinking of doing this late Oct

It was a 8am departure out of POS (the three hour layover sucked).

There's no free wifi in the terminal and the airport doesn't offer much in terms of amenities but there is a Priority Pass Lounge.

It was okay if you need the PQMs.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP

There's no free wifi in the terminal and the airport doesn't offer much in terms of amenities but there is a Priority Pass Lounge.

There's actually free and decent wi-fi in the coffee shop that overlooks the tarmac and has barcaloungers. It's past passport control and duty free (upstairs) but before security. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
There's actually free and decent wi-fi in the coffee shop that overlooks the tarmac and has barcaloungers. It's past passport control and duty free (upstairs) but before security. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours.

past security you can get free wifi if you sit in the rows of chairs right after security.it can be a little slow though.
what is the name of the coffee shop?i dont know it.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
past security you can get free wifi if you sit in the rows of chairs right after security.it can be a little slow though.
what is the name of the coffee shop?i dont know it.

Actually there IS free wi-fi which is accessible at all the gates too. It was fast enough for me to stream a few Netflix movies before going to sleep for the night in the terminal. The coffee shop name is "Rituals" and while the seating is a bit rundown, the loungers at the back facing the window are nice and comfy. They're open till midnight then you can go through security and find a spot in the terminal for the night. The 2 turns that I did down there I had the whole place to myself.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:21 am

has anyone done this recently? Any experience with customs? I have never done a MR with such a tight turnaround before.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Originally Posted by JustTravel
has anyone done this recently? Any experience with customs? I have never done a MR with such a tight turnaround before.
See my post #29.

If you read see my pics and go up the escalator, you get back to the gates without having to re-check through security.

I may look to do this again. Around $306 through first week in December. I can only do Fri night/Sat morn or Sun night/Mon morn departure/arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.