Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Firewind
The below is from our moderator (taken from the first post of the thread - bolding is mine). Feel free to add more if necessary / as needed.

Happy 2014!

Please use this thread to post or to follow Economy Fares which are 'Good Deals' but where the cost per mile is more than 3-4 cents per mile, which is the usual upper limit for what is considered a true 'MR Deal'.

A few requests for posting in the thread:

-members posting their deals please post the city pairs/airport codes and pricing in the body of the post and not just in the post title as it isn't visible for those reading it on mobile devices (ETA: ...or in email alerts)

-some members may be unaware that you can subscribe to this thread and to do that you can go to "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread and click on "Subscribe to this thread".
Print Wikipost

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
what's the rule about not contacting the airline?

Originally Posted by JaguarBest
I just talked to Malaysian Airlines. They said I will get all miles credited to OneWorld.

BTW: You can also get to BOM. So people visiting Indian Subcontinent over Christmas -- this is a super deal.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I just talked to Malaysian Airlines. They said I will get all miles credited to OneWorld.

BTW: You can also get to BOM. So people visiting Indian Subcontinent over Christmas -- this is a super deal.
May I ask why you called? You could have looked up the booking class/fare rules on a number of web sites and determined such information without potentially getting the deal terminated.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by Spiff
May I ask why you called? You could have looked up the booking class/fare rules on a number of web sites and determined such information without potentially getting the deal terminated.
The dude referred to Oneworld as a frequent flyer program. This guy obviously doesn't know of booking classes and fare codes. Cut the guy a break.
Old May 21, 2014, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by veeRob
The dude referred to Oneworld as a frequent flyer program. This guy obviously doesn't know of booking classes and fare codes. Cut the guy a break.
I am. I simply asked why. "This guy" could have even asked here and people would have tripped over themselves to help avoid a call to the airline.
Old May 21, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
I am. I simply asked why.
Fair enough. I'm just saying the answer to why was because he didn't know any better. Sounds like the operator he spoke with didn't know any better, either. lol
Old May 21, 2014, 9:38 pm

Fair enough. I'm just saying the answer to why was because he didn't know any better. Sounds like the operator he spoke with didn't know any better, either. lol
Let's hope so.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
OneWorld is not a frequent flyer program, it is an alliance.

The dates I tried book into N fare, which does not earn miles on AAdvantage or Flying Blue programs.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...iaairlines.jsp
It only earns 50% in MH's own program.
Old May 22, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: price is a king
Originally Posted by Flinders
[...]which earns zilch on AA.
love it
Old May 22, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
LAX--NRT--KUL--MAA--KUL--NRT--LAX for $800. Lot of dates available in NOV/DEC 2014. Though I am not sure if all 20800 Miles will be credited to OneWorld if you fly Malaysian.

www.google.com/flights
Any sample dates in December?
Old May 22, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I just talked to Malaysian Airlines.
Party foul bro!

Originally Posted by gya007
Just amazing to read all you guys pouncing on this! I have a regular job and family commitment. and I can only dream of doing this. Completely off topic and don't want to hijack this thread but I'm really curious about your professions; how do you folks have so much freedom. Good for you!
Your question and it's answer below here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...do-living.html
Old May 22, 2014, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I am. I simply asked why. "This guy" could have even asked here and people would have tripped over themselves to help avoid a call to the airline.
+1...no need to cut the guy a break, he broke the cardinal rule of Flyertalk...do NOT call...it's not rocket science
Old May 22, 2014, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
DL SJC/OAK-AUS $202 RT all in

V fare

Valid thru end of schedule.
Old May 23, 2014, 12:15 am

CX:ORD-HKG-PVG $953 5.6cpm Return September

Not much availability; in fact if the return trip is in September, then you can choose outbound date scattered in July and August; Searchable on ITA Matrix.

ORD-HKG-PVG 17112 miles; $953; 5.6cpm; N Class
Old May 23, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
To be honest, this seems like one that would belong to the 'good deals' thread. It would be quite tough to find a decent program to credit to. Plus, $953 transpac is not particularly rare these days
Old May 23, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by MIALAXFLYER
Just booked BZE-LAX-BZE via MIA on AA for $349 RT AI for late May and again in September. it's 5.6cpm so not really worth it for a mileage run but pretty great fare for a trip to Belize. This fare is also available out of LA and other west coast cities. I fly this route a lot and I've never seen it this low.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.