Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...p&locale=de_DE

And I quote Passengers who attempt to use hidden city tickets may be denied boarding, have the remainder of their ticket confiscated and may be assessed the difference between the fare paid and the lowest applicable fare.

I know this very well. But a reference to AA CoC is invalid, US airlines are better than others in this sort of things. TK however does not say much on this in its CoC.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:45 pm

Booked my for Dec 24th. Thanks OP. Still not sure how I'm going to get this to work exactly but I guess there is a lot of time to figure it out.

Question for any US citizen that has ever traveled from BKK or IST to Brazil, will TK be checking for a Brazil visa? Say I have a flight booked on a separate ticket going from GRU to the US a few hours after I get to GRU would/should that be enough prove that I'm not going to need to enter Brazil and can get away without getting a visa?

Yes, ideally I'll work in a few days in Brazil and get a visa etc, just wondering what everyone here thinks?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:25 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fragment54
I don't know if this is an amazing deal, but I stumbled upon it and I think it might be worth posting. The best routing I could find for my sample date (4/9 looking TO San Juan) was LAS>SJU through SFO and ORD. Ends up at like 4,418 miles counting the 500 mile minimum. So it would net out to like 6,600 miles for the one way.

Again, it is first class so it isn't the cheapest mile per dollar.

Mods, please delete if this isn't a good enough deal to be posted here.
looks like it's available from PHX too.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Desdinova
How long of a stopover at IST could you add? Each time I add one the fare spikes into the thousands. TIA
I had some problems initially, too, you need
to select dates where the ist-sao is flying. It's not daily.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by 1K+
I can't seem to find $780 ai GRU-CPH. Can someone please guide me?
Search

Gru :: bcn /f sq..
Cph

You will get Cimber Sterling ow tagged to the SQ fare
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Keter
And you are wrong, as you are not changing your flight they cannot ask you to pay more.

BTW: I am currently refunding part of prior years deal (LON-NTE KL/C) - will get YQ and unused airport taxes back regardless of the fact that the fare flown exceeds the penny I paid.
Originally Posted by Keter
I know this very well. But a reference to AA CoC is invalid, US airlines are better than others in this sort of things. TK however does not say much on this in its CoC.
Interesting method of debate: You give an example of a refund you are pursuing on a KLM ticket in support of your definitive statement that I am wrong but tell me that a reference to AA is invalid in support of my opinion that TK may very well reassess the fare charged. It never fails to bemuse me how some present their opinions as incontrovertible fact or the only possible interpretation of the available information you are wrong invalid contrasts well with the way I expressed my view in my initial post : I doubt that you could even get that back. I am sure TK ticketing would recalculate Expressions of opinion rather than expressions of fact.

But back to substance

Turkish Airlines CoC seem to cover this circumstance :

5. 2 Applicable Fares

Applicable fares are those published by or on behalf of Carrier or, if not so published, constructed in accordance with Carrier's Regulations, the applicable fare is the fare for the flight or flights in the effect on the date of commencement of the carriage covered by the first flight coupon on the ticket. When the amount that has been collected is not the applicable fare the difference shall be paid by the passenger, or, as the case may be, refunded by Carrier, in accordance with Carrier's Regulations

US airline are better at publishing CoC that are extremely verbose and explain the meaning of each clause to the nth degree. That doesn't mean that their CoC differ much in reality from airlines in other markets
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Turkish Airlines CoC seem to cover this circumstance :

5. 2 Applicable Fares

Applicable fares are those published by or on behalf of Carrier or, if not so published, constructed in accordance with Carrier's Regulations, the applicable fare is the fare for the flight or flights in the effect on the date of commencement of the carriage covered by the first flight coupon on the ticket. When the amount that has been collected is not the applicable fare the difference shall be paid by the passenger, or, as the case may be, refunded by Carrier, in accordance with Carrier's Regulations

US airline are better at publishing CoC that are extremely verbose and explain the meaning of each clause to the nth degree. That doesn't mean that their CoC differ much in reality from airlines in other markets
Indeed, I can't think of any mainstream airline which TOC do not mention this. This fully incluldes AF-KL by the way, so if your case was dealt with by an agent which did not realise that and is willing to process the reimbursement of taxes on a ticket you only part-used (as opposed to a ticket you did not use at all, that would be standard) and for which the actual flown itinerary should have been significantly more expensive, that is great news for you indeed, but just luck. You will find counter examples in the AF-KL forum if desired.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:32 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I tried thy.com for Oct 3 and am getting the 571 Euro for Economy O/W. Is this dead?

EDIT: Found it for Oct 1 on Orbitz

EDIT^2: Ticketed for Oct 9 @ 11PM

Last edited by yosithezet; Apr 4, 2011 at 3:55 am
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I tried thy.com for Oct 3 and am getting the 571 Euro for Economy O/W. Is this dead?
I haven't checked today, but yesterday thy.com was showing one-way economy at €571, and one-way business at the exact same price (though denominated in Thai Baht, around 24,450 if I remember correctly).

Did you not check for a "Business" fare on THY.com?

EDIT: still bookable on thy.com

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 4, 2011 at 7:06 am Reason: had incorrectly written economy twice, when I meant business for the second occurrence...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Just a question from a beginner: Is it theoretical possible to rebook the ticket before departure, is D class is open, without paying a fare difference (beside the above seen discussion about partial fare refund)?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Looks like the TK fare is gone, anybody still able to find it ?
Expedia still shows it, but not bookable... THY.com - just normal fare...
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Still bookable on a variety of uk consolidators websites.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
It was still there a few hours ago at the time of my last post, but it does indeed seem to be gone from thy.com now - now 109,640 Thai Baht instead of the 24,450 Thai Baht that it was earlier.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:51 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It was still there a few hours ago at the time of my last post, but it does indeed seem to be gone from thy.com now - now 109,640 Thai Baht instead of the 24,450 Thai Baht that it was earlier.
the fare DOWBB has been corrected from $486 to $4856

[KVS Availability Tool 6.1.2/Diamond - Sabre: Fares/DotRes/US]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Intl TH [VTBS]
GRU  Sao Paulo Guarulhos Intl SP BR [SBGR]
FRI  08 Apr 2011 | O/W | Business

Carrier    From    To    Fare      Cur                      Fare Basis/TD
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
TK         BKK     GRU      2889   USD                      D1OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      3230   USD                      J2OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      3298   USD                      JOWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      3391   USD                      J1OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      3652   USD                      C1OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      4756   USD                      D2OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      4856   USD                      DOWBB
TK         BKK     GRU      5176   USD                      C2OWBW
TK         BKK     GRU      5285   USD                      COWBB
YY         BKK     GRU      8619   USD                      C

Last edited by G_G; Apr 4, 2011 at 9:05 am Reason: fare DOWBB wasn't pulled but corrected ! Thanks to dre_techie
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:02 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Looks like everyone got back to work Monday morning in Istanbul and found the results of their mistake. Now here's hoping that they honor the fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.