Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond

In order to keep the thread on good premium fares easily readable, without clutter from expired sales etc. - here is the new thread for 2011.

This is a continuation of the following threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-2010-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...fares-269.html
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Another CMB fare

I feel privileged to post the first actual fare in this thread, as opposed to all of the banter. And, ironically, it's a fare from CMB (and not a very good one).

Kuwait Airways, CMB-KWI-JFK (occasionally through LHR -- in fact some of the itineraries have a nice 22:30 layover in London) for $1866 in C (example dates: 06/01/11-06/04/11). I realize that this is not much of a mileage run, and I am sure that the experience is poor, but, for those of us in the region (Doha in my case), I am tempted to try it. (Not really.)

P.S. I would support a sub-forum for premium-class mileage runs; one big thread seems silly to me, for several reasons, principal among them the fact that I always feel guilty posting discussion or even questions -- as opposed to actual fares -- in the one super-thread, because people subscribe to the thread. Better to allow several threads, so that members could subscribe in such a way to be alerted when new threads are started, but not when other members post legitimate discussion in existing threads.

Last edited by mecabq; Jan 2, 2011 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:27 am
Suspended

With respect to cpm, what is generally considered a good premium fare? I see several for 15 cpm, but not sure if they are worth posting.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
With respect to cpm, what is generally considered a good premium fare? I see several for 15 cpm, but not sure if they are worth posting.
my 2 cents -

Good cpm depends on what you are getting and what the route usually costs -

what is the (True) Class of service?
First Class is worth more than Business, Business worth more than (real) Premium Economy. CPM in first will be worth more than Business, but, if you can get into one of the elite International first's for a CPM of 20 - may be a great deal.
Business Class vs. Business Class Example - Old United Biz vs. New United Biz vs. Air Canada vs. Egypt Air. The lie flat beds are huge along with the VOD system. Certainly I feel two of those four are worth more CPM than the other two.

So a few examples -
Air Canada CLT/NYC/BOS-HKG shows up $3600 several times a year - CPM just under 20. I think this is good, not great. IMO worth reminding everyone when it shows up. Some people may say "we know about it", but, it comes and goes, so I would post when you have not seen it in a while.

CLT/PHL/EWR - Europe - USAIR - comes in at $2000 a few times a year - CPM 15-18. Still worth posting IMO.

CLT/PHL - Europe - around the holidays - comes in at $1300 once or twice a year - 10-14 CPM - definitely worth posting.

So my net is...

less than 20 - probably worth posting, but, people are probably aware.
16-19 - please post, some people are aware, but, many will not be.
14-15 - good fare and the contribution is appreciated.
less than 14 - book yours first and then post. It will be gone quickly!

This thread does not get a lot of traffic/posts, so if you see something you think is worthwhile, please post.

Last edited by Global321; Jan 2, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the clarification. How about this one: SEA-IAH-AUA on UA for $1188.10 ai RT (AA7NN). About 15 cpm.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:21 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Thanks for the clarification. How about this one: SEA-IAH-AUA on UA for $1188.10 ai RT (AA7NN). About 15 cpm.
I cannot find the business class fare. Can you provide more info?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I cannot find the business class fare. Can you provide more info?
First Class:
SEA-AUA WED-09FEB11 UA
TAXES/FEES NOT INCLUDED
ADULT FARES
CX FARE FARE C AP MIN/ SEASONS...... MR GI DT
CAD BASIS MAX
6 UA 1082.00R AA7NN A 7| R WH

SPECIFIED ROUTE: 0020
SEA(CO/UA)CHI/EWR/HOU/WAS-AUA
SEA-EWR/CHI/HOU/WAS-AUA
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mecabq
...snip...
Kuwait Airways, CMB-KWI-JFK (occasionally through LHR -- in fact some of the itineraries have a nice 22:30 layover in London) for $1866 in C (example dates: 06/01/11-06/04/11).
I suppose it's rudely off topic to comment on an airline's safety record here, but for unessential travel I personally consider that. Anyone else on that page with me might glance at http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/43...tructions.html
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
I know this has been discussed before, but this would be *much* more useful as a subforum rather than as one long thread. As it stands, it's almost impossible to follow the details without reading through literally hundreds of posts.
+1
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
+ 1 for the sub-forum
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:37 pm

a forum on submarines?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
this would be *much* more useful as a subforum rather than as one long thread.
Maybe a sub-forum of Budget Travel.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:05 pm

The thought that people who clutter this thread with metatalk will benefit from the fares I share makes me reconsider my committment to share fares widely.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Colin
The thought that people who clutter this thread with metatalk will benefit from the fares I share makes me reconsider my committment to share fares widely.
You really don't need make up excuses. If you don't want to share, don't. That's the way most of the old forum regulars have gone, and the reason this forum has very little of value any more.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Anyhow, the problem's not metatalk, it's inane metatalk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.