Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:07 am

Location: 1 hour from Khao Yai, Thailand. No longer Bangkok, China, Taiwan , Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
TPE-BKK

KLM has RT Z fares TPE-BKK or vis versa for US$637 all in. Not much of a MR but just US$261 more than lowest coach.

Also, TPE-LAX on DL Business First for US$2560 to $2800 all in.

I thought TPE was supposed to have some great fares.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by emailkid
Less is not always more; sometimes less is less

+1 on some details.

EmailKid
Does someone else understand this joke?
I gave the weblink to the offer, which I would like everyone else posting here to give as well. That REALLY is not enough?? =)
Ok, here is another link so you don't have to make an extra mouseclick =)
http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Busin...specialid=8127

edit: Oh, apparently this deal was old news... sorry about that :/ I stopped subscribing to this thread due to too much BS so I missed this deal on previous page.

Last edited by tentativetraveller; Apr 2, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I've been eyeing this fare for about 6 months, and flew on it (on the US equivalent) in Feb. I flew SEA-PHX-LAS-PHL-SJU-PHL-ORD-LAX (needed to start in SEA and end in LAX anyway).

Total was $950ish all-in. The flights credited at 300% BMI (which is no longer the case for US 'A' Fares).

In any event, this appears to be the going rate on the west coast-SJU route. As long as at least one of the following airlines to continues to offer it, I believe the other ones will offer it as well: US, UA and DL.
Whose ticket stock come from? If it's US, what was showing under BMI acct for UA operating segments? as US codeshare or UA flight number?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
The best I can come with is 3 connections for July/Aug, anything more than that on ITA will increase fare.

What tool did you use for this routing?

Originally Posted by jasonvr
I have to admit I haven't kept up with it, but it has always been my experience that a direct flight (i.e. 2 segments with the same flight number) ended up crediting the same as the non-stop. Maybe I'm wrong though (it's been a while since I've done it). It that were the case, going thru STT increases the mileage by a decent amount. You can get this routing for 499ai SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-IAD-STT-SJU

I've also seen SAN-SFO-LAX-DEN-EWR-PHL-SJU but that ends up with a lower total mileage...

Edit: You're right! However, after recalculating, it doesn't increase the mileage. The best routing that I can come up with is still SAN-SFO-LAX-BOS-PHL-SJU or SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-BOS-PHL-SJU for an extra segment. Both some out at ~8200 EQM crediting to UA or ~8500 EQM crediting to CO.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-mileage.html
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.756MM, WN ALP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC,AA Gold
Originally Posted by yyliu88
The best I can come with is 3 connections for July/Aug, anything more than that on ITA will increase fare.

What tool did you use for this routing?
ITA. It definitely took some playing with to get it to work out (things like forced connection points, adding UA+, etc). But once it did I was able to price it out via .bomb using multicity.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:12 am

BKK-GRU, TK C 571Eur ai

One way BKK-GRU on TK new A330 and 77W C for 571 Eur ai on TK website. Multiple dates in June and July.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by emailkid
Less is not always more; sometimes less is less

+1 on some details.

EmailKid
If you couldn't be bothered to go to lufthansa.de, then I'm sure you also weren't bothered to read the full details which were given on the previous page (see post 446 onwards).
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NYCflyerUA1k
One way BKK-GRU on TK new A330 and 77W C for 571 Eur ai on TK website. Multiple dates in June and July.
Great find! Earns 22396 miles on BD (2x). Seems to be refundable.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

interesting how it only seems to be available one-way.. and only in that direction. def a miztake
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:04 pm

Got the BKK-GRU ticketed with TK for me and my wife for end of August! We'd been hoping to visit Brazil (especially Rio - should be a easy flight to get from GRU). Great find! Unlike recent AC deal to S.A, I have e-ticket in hand (my email) and all references are in place! Awesome. I may buy another one for January.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by brahms77
Got the BKK-GRU ticketed with TK for me and my wife for end of August! We'd been hoping to visit Brazil (especially Rio - should be a easy flight to get from GRU). Great find! Unlike recent AC deal to S.A, I have e-ticket in hand (my email) and all references are in place! Awesome. I may buy another one for January.
were you able to book RT or only 1-way?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:41 pm

I only needed the one way, which is how I found the fare at first so haven't tried a round trip. But eticket in hand for early July.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:00 pm

anyone able to book BKK-GRU-BKK return?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by seacarl
were you able to book RT or only 1-way?
o/w seems to be around THB 24k^ (567) but return is pricing at THB 173k
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:03 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by 1K+
anyone able to book BKK-GRU-BKK return?
You can't, if you try it will balloon the fare up to around 175-250K THB...

I tried one way GRU-BKK and the fare was over 6K Brazilian Real...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.