Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Originally Posted by joorinainen
BA?
DL/KL
Old Mar 28, 2011, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
No need to go to the travel agent. Available direct on the Delta website for a few £'s more.
Why would you pay more to book direct with an airline when you could save money and have ATOL protection through an agent?!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by barnstaple
Why would you pay more to book direct with an airline when you could save money and have ATOL protection through an agent?!
I was simply making a point - you were being needlessly cryptic (infact you still are). No need for this when it's not a mistake fare. There's a great big ad for it on the airfrance.co.uk home page for starters.

If your TA is so great, why not tell us all who it is? I see netflights have a bit of a discount but then charge you a compulsory £7 fee to give you the airline failure cover that would be free if you paid with a credit card.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
No ATOL protection for flights alone. http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1761

OTOH, payments (including online and with airlines) over £100 with a UK credit card have Section 75 protection. http://www.money.co.uk/article/10034...-purchases.htm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I haven't been able to price out that wild of an itinerary, but I did price out SAN-SFO-LAX-BOX-PHL-SJU @494 ai.
How could you get this? That would be 60.000 Miles one way...
What dates did you take?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Ventus2
How could you get this? That would be 60.000 Miles one way...
What dates did you take?
I'm pretty sure that would be BOS not BOX.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: Lots
... Can't get it to show me anything over 4 stops without the price jumping (well, it will show 5 but the last one is in STT with the same flight number in and out so it doesn't help with mileage). ..
Hasn't this been fixed? I swear I've read a few times on the UA boards that they now credit you for each segment even if they have the same flight number.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Lack
I'm pretty sure that would be BOS not BOX.
Whoops, yes, typo. Boston is the connection point.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by IggySD
Hasn't this been fixed? I swear I've read a few times on the UA boards that they now credit you for each segment even if they have the same flight number.
I have to admit I haven't kept up with it, but it has always been my experience that a direct flight (i.e. 2 segments with the same flight number) ended up crediting the same as the non-stop. Maybe I'm wrong though (it's been a while since I've done it). It that were the case, going thru STT increases the mileage by a decent amount. You can get this routing for 499ai SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-IAD-STT-SJU

I've also seen SAN-SFO-LAX-DEN-EWR-PHL-SJU but that ends up with a lower total mileage...

Edit: You're right! However, after recalculating, it doesn't increase the mileage. The best routing that I can come up with is still SAN-SFO-LAX-BOS-PHL-SJU or SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-BOS-PHL-SJU for an extra segment. Both some out at ~8200 EQM crediting to UA or ~8500 EQM crediting to CO.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-mileage.html

Last edited by jasonvr; Mar 28, 2011 at 10:36 pm Reason: Direct flights are segment mileage!
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

ORD-LGA/JFK on DL
$540+tax
QUP books into A fare
thru Jun 8.

Although not quite a fare you'd rush out and buy, this is a business route where paid first is rarely < 800. Wonder if DL shuttle is competing successfully with AA, UA, and CO for premium biz travelers.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by izzik
ORD-LGA/JFK on DL
$540+tax
QUP books into A fare
thru Jun 8.
Not sure if this is as good/usable but I've seen a few of these DL fares pop up:
Code:
    V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  3   LA14A0UP       L X   199.00 E09JN  R21AU 14/1  -/  -  328
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-ONT TO-NYC    CXR-DL    TVL-13APR11  RULE-9056 DFR/11
FARE BASIS-LA14A0UP          SPECIAL FARE  DIS-N   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-SIP      OW-INSTANT PURCHASE
USD   185.12  0328  E09JUN11 D21AUG11   FC-LA14A0UP  FN-9B   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 24MAR11/1257  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG ONT-NYC/DL328 /TAR-DRG1    EF-24MAR11 DIS-INDEF

1. ONT-SLC/MSP/MEM/LAX/LAS/DTT/CVG-ATL-NYC
 2. ONT-ATL-NYC
 3. ONT-WAS/SLC/NYC/MSP/MEM/LAX/LAS/IND/DTT/CVG/BOS/BDL/ATL-
    NYC
 4. ONT-SLC-WAS/NYC/LAX/IND/BOS/BDL-NYC
 5. ONT-CVG-WAS/NYC/IND/BOS/BDL-NYC
 6. ONT-DTT-WAS/NYC/IND/BOS/BDL-NYC
 7. ONT-MSP-WAS/NYC/IND/BOS/BDL-NYC
 8. ONT-MEM-WAS/NYC/IND/BOS-NYC
 9. ONT-ATL-WAS/NYC/BOS-NYC
10. ONT-SLC/NYC/MSP/MEM/LAX/LAS/IND/DTT/ATL-CVG-NYC
11. ONT-CVG-NYC
12. ONT-SLC/NYC/MSP/MEM/LAX/LAS/IND/CVG/BOS/ATL-DTT-NYC
13. ONT-DTT-NYC
14. ONT-SLC/MSP/LAX/LAS/DTT/CVG/ATL-MEM-NYC
15. ONT-MEM-NYC
16. ONT-SLC/MEM/LAX/LAS/DTT/CVG-MSP-NYC
17. ONT-MSP-NYC
18. ONT-NYC
19. ONT-LAX/LAS-SLC-NYC
20. ONT-SLC-NYC
EF claims it books into Business ... but I am not sure. Would be good if someone can confirm this or point me to the part in the fare rule that I need to check.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

well, one easy way is to just price it out on Delta.com and see where it puts you.

I see what you mean.. that fare you posted doesn't seem to price out as such.. weird, I'd say. or maybe it's just limited fare availability?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:45 am

Apologies if you thought I was beeing needlessly cryptic - That was not my intention. I still advocate buying through a travel agent who are generally better at resolving issues when things go wrong than if you have booked direct with an airline - however you are of course entitled to your own opinion.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:52 am

EY LHR - MLE £1313 Business/Pearl roundtrip.

Books in W class, valid from 1st November 11 - 31st March 2012 (tax not inc - around £350)
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, M&M SEN,FB Gold,EI Gold Circle Elite,HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum, Goldpoints Silver
You can get this routing for 499ai SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-IAD-STT-SJU
Is it a quite normal fare or do I have to be affraid that it is going soon? Still not sure when I can make this trip...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.