Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I am confused. What "other" thread?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:22 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by USirritated
I am confused. What "other" thread?
Looks like the poster originally put his post in the thread for premium fares, and someone let him know that it belonged here. Then, it was moved here by a moderator. So this thread is the "other" thread.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Moved fare discussion from Premium Gd Deals to Economy Good Deals (aka THIS) thread

Originally Posted by Brian_1
Since when did economy become a premium cabin? This should be in the other thread...
Yes, this was mistakenly posted in the Premium thread and moved to THIS Deals In Y thread.

BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:41 am

Programs: UA
DL: DCA-JFK-LAX RT $238w/o tax

Hey guys,

For those that live in the district, this is not a bad deal since you're flying out of Reagan plus you get the 500 minimum miles flying to JFK to connect to LAX.

I priced the tickets from 2/23-2/25, but should be available throughout Feb and March.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
What is the link to the premium good deals thread please?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
it is in Mileage Run Deals, usually near the top

"Good Deal" premium fares

hint: try looking next time before posting lest you get the rest of us irritated, too
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
great find - available from a number of cities (CLE = $1548 ai r/t)
Also not only July. Looks like at least March-August and even cheaper at times at least from EWR.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by benzguy80
it is in Mileage Run Deals, usually near the top

"Good Deal" premium fares

hint: try looking next time before posting lest you get the rest of us irritated, too
A) I was simply asking for the name or the link when I did not know the name of the thread for sure;

and

B) Does it really take so little to get you (or anyone) irritated?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Oh, the delicious irony!!!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Oh, the delicious irony!!!
The Irritated becomes the Irritator...hmmmm
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
A) I was simply asking for the name or the link when I did not know the name of the thread for sure;

and

aw cmon, can't you take a joke? the tweak was a play on words based on your own handle. the winking smiley should have been enough to convey that this was merely a jest.

I am serious that posting queries about things easily found using the search function will often draw some criticism, though usually from others. I couldn't resist the pun but make no apologies having provided the requested information along with the "tip". you can choose to learn from this or stay offended, but I think you'd personally benefit from the former.

I do hope you find something in the fore-mentioned thread that helps you book a decent fare in J or F heading somewhere interesting.

good hunting,
benzguy80
Old Feb 8, 2010, 9:47 am

Actually, I did see the word play, but did not see as much of a joke out of it as I normally should have, since I am at home with strep throat and laryngitis today, so not in much of a laughing mood, it hurts too much. I really did think you were picking on me for nothing. You know how it is when you are miserable, you are miserable, right? I am not looking for sympathy, just coolness. My apologies.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Just a friendly note to all who are discussing non-fare issues here in this 'Deals' forum:
Wherever possible, try to keep clarifications and complaints about inadvertent irritations communicated off the 'Deals' threads (use PMs if possible) in order to keep the Deals on-topic.

The 'Deals' are why you're here on this thread, rather than the banter, right?
[note emoticon and this is a rhetorical question... ]

(I was going to leave this alone, but then we got onto critiquing grammar!)

BiziBB, Moderator (aka part of the off-topic cleaner! team) Mileage Run
Old Feb 10, 2010, 11:57 am
Original Poster

DL: DEN-SLC-RNO-SLC-DEN $120 a/i

For those that live around Denver, this is not a bad deal for Reno/Tahoe areas. Not a great MR but it's good for a short vacation trip. No minimum stay is required. It appears that the fare is available from late Feb and beyond.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Dalat767
For those that live around Denver, this is not a bad deal for Reno/Tahoe areas. Not a great MR but it's good for a short vacation trip. No minimum stay is required. It appears that the fare is available from late Feb and beyond.
And I'm seeing DEN-SLC-SFO-SLC-DEN for $134 a/i. Fare appears to be bookable one-way ($67 a/i) thus the no minimum stay requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.