Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Good Deals" in Economy Class - excellent fares between certain city pairs - 2010

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:03 am

Qr: Fra-hkg 471$ rt

purchase: February 5 2010 - February 7 2010
travel: April 6 2010 - June 30 2010
dates NOT included: outbound April 12-16 2010 / inbound: May 6-10 2010
min. stay: 5 days or at least 1 night saturday->sunday
max. stay: 1 month

http://www.qatarairways.com/de/de/speci ... kfurt.html
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by andrewgldn
MQMs: 5848
MQSs: 8
PPM: $0.08

Booked this one because I already had to travel to Bermuda during this time and figured instead of paying over $500 to fly direct from ATL-BDA I'd save a little money, rack up some segments, and some miles. I realize the PPM on this one isn't the greatest ($0.08/mi) but I travel very regularly throughout the southeast for work and usually qualify for medallion status (FO this year) by segments, not miles. This should help me get to my goal of GM this year.
. So WHY do you post ? Why do we care that it is worthwhile for your particular circumstances ? It is a lousy fare, let alone NOTHING to do with MR. ANYONE in this world can add a couple of segment to a high fare for better mileage accumulation
Old Feb 6, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
. So WHY do you post ? Why do we care that it is worthwhile for your particular circumstances ? It is a lousy fare, let alone NOTHING to do with MR. ANYONE in this world can add a couple of segment to a high fare for better mileage accumulation
Chill out, mate! This is NOT meant to be a MR thread, after all:

(from post #1):
Originally Posted by yuel
I thought maybe we should start a thread like "premium deals" but at discount prices which doesn't qualify for MR which seems to be posted alot and getting flamed...
This particular fare might not be useful to you but it might be useful to others (as indeed seems to be the case - see the posts before yours).
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:06 am
ccf

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Nomad: Kudos to the very polite response.

Last edited by ccf; Feb 6, 2010 at 2:24 pm Reason: minor correction
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
This is a help each other out thread, NOT an attack thread! If you do not like something that someone has posted, you have two choices, either make a GENTLE POLITE suggestion, or DELETE/IGNORE, but outright criticism of a person is NOT the way to go! Please, get a grip!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
CLL-HKG $1400 B Fare

CLL - HKG $1400 for B fare in July. Thought this was a pretty good deal for a B fare. 150% EQM and using miles to upgrade to BF with no copay.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by USirritated
This is a help each other out thread, NOT an attack thread! If you do not like something that someone has posted, you have two choices, either make a GENTLE POLITE suggestion, or DELETE/IGNORE, but outright criticism of a person is NOT the way to go! Please, get a grip!
Big +1.

And in addition to USIrritated's suggestions, you could have struck up a private conversation with the person who "offended" you to try to ascertain the reason for his/her post.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
There seem to be some limited numer of $850-$900 AI fares on American from SFO/SJC to Bangkok in the end of March, first 3 weeks of April. Not really MR-worthy (~5-6 cents per EQM) but possibly worthwhile to check out for people who enjoy the region and want some AA miles.

Found it looking up fares for a friend - $866 AI for Mar 31st - Apr 19th. That return seems to be gone (hope they booked it!) but Mar 31st to Apr 7 comes up $905 (return is via DFW rather than LAX both ways), so with some effort folks might be able to find some other working combinations.

BKK-NRT legs are codeshares operated by JAL.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by carsonheim
CLL - HKG $1400 for B fare in July. Thought this was a pretty good deal for a B fare. 150% EQM and using miles to upgrade to BF with no copay.
I take it that is a

CO B Fare CLL-HKG you are talking about requires 7 days, or for about $300 more I think there is another CO B fare CLL-HKG that only requires a 3 day.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:25 pm

Someone posted the Business Class deals in the Premium fares thread, but the economy fares are worth mentioning as well:

Qatar Airways is flying from Bali and Jakarta to Europe (LHR) for $514 US.

I was especially thinking of us Aussies; since fares on Pacific Blue to Bali start from $300 you could feasibly fly to London from Australia for ~$900!

Which, considering what direct Australia-Europe fares are atm ($1700 min?), is an incredible deal.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:24 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
great find - available from a number of cities (CLE = $1548 ai r/t)
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Since when did economy become a premium cabin? This should be in the other thread...
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer

Compared to ATL-BDA-ATL for $500 it is...
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Brian_1
Since when did economy become a premium cabin? This should be in the other thread...
B fare and a small amount of miles to UG, if a good enough deal would qualify for this thread, I believe. You are just using cash and miles, not all cash to get in C.

I'm glad it was in this thread, because I never look in the other thread.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
This post and most of the following quotes and replies following it have been moved from the 'Good Deals' premium fares thread.

I'll now delete the ones which have no reference to the fare.

Please use the 'Report Bad Post' ("!") button to request moves like this, in future.

Cheers,
BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.