Search

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by legalalien
Didn't AA/BA used to run (pay for) their own T3->T5 bus not so long ago? Why not restart that one and let *A passengers fend for themselves? With LH and NH using T1 I am not sure there are *that* many *A transfers.
When I first used the TTB to remain airside on my T3 to T5 transfers at ORD, it was available only for AA-BA transfers and no other transfers. That’s pretty much a sign that only AA/BA were up to pay for it at that point. Later, the service was expanded and then I would also use it for UA to SK transfers and other such things.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 23, 2022 at 9:23 am
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL is consolidating into T5. DL/SkyTeam@ORD will have less utility for this TTB service than AA/Oneworld and even UA/Star Alliance.
Good point though I wonder if DL was even contributing much into this anyway, if at all. They couldn't have had many passenger making a T2 to T5 connection.

Originally Posted by legalalien
Didn't AA/BA used to run (pay for) their own T3->T5 bus not so long ago? Why not restart that one and let *A passengers fend for themselves? With LH and NH using T1 I am not sure there are *that* many *A transfers.
There are still plenty of UA passengers transfering onto LX, OS, LO, OZ, TK, SK, and others in *A.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 25, 2022 at 10:42 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Good point though I wonder if DL was even contributing much into this anyway, if at all. They couldn't have had many passenger making a T2 to T5 connection.
When last in use, I dont think there was a T2 pickup/point. Just T1 and several in T3
Old Sep 24, 2022, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aj411
When last in use, I dont think there was a T2 pickup/point. Just T1 and several in T3
T1:Gate B1; Terminal 3: G17, K20 and L24 — those were the pick-up points IIRC.

The pick up locations were more or less in AA’s and UA’s courts. But given how T1-T3 are connected air-side and the location of a pick-up point for mainly UA passengers, for those connecting passengers — whether on the same ticker or not, as long as having an onward boarding pass out of T5 — not needing to pick up checked luggage at ORD, it was just a matter of a big or small hike to one of the other pickup points if coming in on DL from say MSP or NYC (or on AC from Canada) and wanting to fly out of ORD T5 without going land-side.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I assume it still hasn't restarted?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I assume it still hasn't restarted?
Current estimate:

Originally Posted by ords
Delayed until March 2023. The no crowd is still yelling louder.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Before things get away from me, a brief update.

1. March 1st is still the planned date
2. Hours of operation are scheduled 11:30-21:30 (there is an option to start early if demand is there)
3. There will be no L concourse pickup point like before, this is due to the 3 gate expansion taking place
4. The busses will be smaller instead of the larger COBUS used and more of them
5. M13 located within T5 is the official drop off and pick up point. Instead of using CP11 like before, there's a push to use CP10 since it's much closer
6. M13 will also be used for live departures being remoted to the hardstand or EAS area. There's one gate podium and gate monitor in place.

There's 3 sets of doors on the ramp level that are being replaced, but for now only one is being used. If you're departing out of T5 before March 1st, the area is technically open. Although there are stanchions blocking it off, you could pop down for a look.
legalalien, aj411, _kurt and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Outside of the L concourse pickup will the remainder of the other terminal 1, 2 & 3 pickups be the same as before?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Outside of the L concourse pickup will the remainder of the other terminal 1, 2 & 3 pickups be the same as before?
This is what I am being told.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Can you please remind me where those locations were?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:15 am

Per the website, the old locations were:
  • Gate B1 (T1)
  • Gate G17 (T3)
  • Gate K20 (T3)
  • Gate L24 (T3)
https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx
GUWonder and CLEguy like this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 5:34 am
Suspended

About “The busses will be smaller instead of the larger COBUS used and more of them”, is that being done because of substantially lower fuel costs for the smaller transport vehicles or because of some kind of greater ease/lower cost to find eligible drivers for the smaller vans?

One of the last times when I used the airside bus for an evening transit to T5, it got rather tight between the passenger count, the cabin baggage and a couple of valet-tagged strollers.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
About “The busses will be smaller instead of the larger COBUS used and more of them”, is that being done because of substantially lower fuel costs for the smaller transport vehicles or because of some kind of greater ease/lower cost to find eligible drivers for the smaller vans?

One of the last times when I used the airside bus for an evening transit to T5, it got rather tight between the passenger count, the cabin baggage and a couple of valet-tagged strollers.
I'm actually happy to hear this. With more vehicles, the frequency should be much better. I've had to wait quite a while for the buses in the past/
GUWonder and JimInOhio like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:47 pm

https://www.flychicago.com/business/...px?newsid=1749

It's official! Will make my life much easier for my Qatar flight on the 8th!
GUWonder and aj411 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Qsuites111
https://www.flychicago.com/business/...px?newsid=1749

It's official! Will make my life much easier for my Qatar flight on the 8th!
The bidirectional shuttle allowance is going to be useful in some way even for my international arrivals into ORD. And every 15 minutes is better frequency than before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.